[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some albums that are the opposite of growers? Meaning,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: CgwliOtUYAAVv7U.jpg (126KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
CgwliOtUYAAVv7U.jpg
126KB, 600x825px
What are some albums that are the opposite of growers? Meaning, they get worse after each listen.
>>
Unironically any radiohead albums
>>
This one really aged like milk for me
>>
Any synthpop that relies on being noisy or using weird samples to fake substance.

Clarence Clarity
Everything Everything
Grimes
Wild Beasts
etc.
>>
>>73607571
Agreed
>>
AM by Arctic monkeys
>>
>>73607609
>Grimes
Wrong. Her music is a grower and keeps growing until you become a Grimesposter.
>>
OK Computer and Kid A
>muh alienation
>it's not like marx wasn't writing about it a hundred years before

>muh experimental bloops
>simplistic as fuck beats
>>
>>73607780
Grower in the sense that cancer grows.
>>
Loveless because it's weirdness first grows on you then it gets worst because outside the cool sounds it has nothing else to offer. A lot of the "avant-teen" albums can come in here as well.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy because on repeat listens it's flaws like the brickwalling, Kanye himself's lackluster rapping, and how little the album ultimately ends up doing with its epic arrangements becomes more apparent.

I say this as someone whose personal all time favorite record is Pet Sounds, but really a lot of the works from Beach Boys and Beatles from that time period. It's good stuff mostly, but the sheer amount of keyboard instruments playing stab chords gets kinda annoying. To me it just feels like a lazy way to add a layer to their massive sound, it's usually in the same rhythm as well where it plays 1/3 of a measure or 2/4, and it makes a lot of their more intricate chord progression stuff pointless.

Antonio Vivaldi's stuff in general also because the majority of his stuff either has a stab note or chord in the bass almost all the time. Bass'd Bach thankfully realized this and made the bass parts interesting as well in his own works.
>>
>>73607798
i agree, but not with your reasons

>you can't write about anything that's been written about before
shut the fuck up
>>
>>73607818
Yeah, it grows fast. But it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.
>>
>>73607469
Anything by Kendrick.
>>
>>73607469
I would say DAMN has sort of a peak of several of the first listens but after the fifth or so it starts to wear and by the tenth you're skipping half the tracks.
>>
>>73607943
>then it gets worst because outside the cool sounds it has nothing else to offer
wtf man
>>
>>73607943
Yeah, Vivaldi gets boring as hell
>>
>>73607571
Still love this.
>>
>>73607780

Not for everyone.
For a while I really enjoyed a few tracks from Visions, but then I grew tired of them in a few weeks.
>>
>>73607469
This sounded nice and dreamy at first, but the magic quickly wore off. Something bugs me about it, it sounds very fake, idk how to describe it better.
>>
>>73607469
What's Thom Yorke doing here?
>>
>>73609222
needed some starcucks apparently
>>
>>73607609
Please don't call two bit 2010's industry plant poptimism synthpop. Real synthpop is stuff like John Maus. Grimes isn't even an artist
>>
>>73609271
based mausposter

pitiless censors gets better with every listen forever
>>
>>73607776
Nah it's really bad even if you hear it first time, that's why I don't get why normies liked it so much.
>>
>>73609286
I prefer his bootleg I Want to Live! More than anything he's done but yes Pitiless censors is a gem for this decade
>>
>>73607609
>Clarence Clarity
Literally got better after every listen
>>
>>73607609
Clarence is unironically a genius
>>
>>73609221
I have to agree. Heard it for the first time a couple of days ago and I was floored at first, but now it doesn't seem that great anymore for some reason.
>>
dare I say, every kanye album
>>
File: flum.jpg (131KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flum.jpg
131KB, 600x600px
:(
>>
>>73607469
All of the beatles. It sucks. I used to love them but know I prefer the stones
>>
>>73609303
just downloaded i want to live and it's good as fuck so far. thanks 4 rec
>>
Damn
>>
>>73607469
this picture literally really made me think. i have no idea if I'm looking at something that is intended to be ironic or not.

that one guy who made that hour-long video about the flat earth theory actually made some very interesting points, but it was filled with ridiculous sarcastic pictures like these that make it very challenging to take the idea seriously. I wonder if it's all just an elaborate ruse used to encourage people to think for themselves and that the flat earth idea itself isn't really the point.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (400KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
400KB, 1200x1200px
I gotta give my vote to this, the more I listen to it, the less compel it becomes.
>>
>>73609991
It's a joke, I think. It's very tim heidecker/ sam hyde
>>
>>73607943
>Loveless

Wrong kid.
>>
anything that's immediately catchy usually gets old really quick, so most pop music
>>
>>73607943
Right on everything but Loveless. Ages just about the same as every other atmospheric, dreamy music, which depends on the person I suppose.

On point about the Beatles for sure though. Some Beach Boys stuff like Smile, Surfs Up, and their psych pop stuff can stay entertaining while keeping a decent amount of depth.
>>
File: damn..jpg (123KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
damn..jpg
123KB, 1200x1200px
essential not-grower
>>
>>73610040
This but the exact opposite.

>>73610154
That's the point of Flavor of the Month Hip-Hop.
>>
File: DarkFantasy.jpg (164KB, 1160x1160px) Image search: [Google]
DarkFantasy.jpg
164KB, 1160x1160px
It went from 'BEST HIP HOP EVER!' to a 7 or 8 at best.

>Inb4 Fantano comments or angry Kanye stans.
>>
Anything by Metallica. They are the only band that I've listened to that goes from great to almost unbearable.
>>
>>73609221
I still listen to it regularly, and for a while, it grew on me more every listen, and then after too many listens, it gave me this weird feeling. Almost sickening. I think I know the what you mean by "fake".

I still love the album though, but it's not an album to over-listen to.
>>
>>73608067
>but then I grew tired of them in a few weeks.
Shallow pleb
>>
>>73609271
>Real synthpop is stuff like John Maus. Grimes isn't even an artist
How much of an idiot are you? BOTH Maus and Grimes are real artists and both of them did great synthpop. You disgust me, pleb.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.