[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mainstream artist covers a rock song "They've butchered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1473510686472.png (267KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473510686472.png
267KB, 500x280px
>Mainstream artist covers a rock song
"They've butchered it"
"____ must be rolling in his grave!"

>Rock band (usually post-hardcore/metalcore) covers a mainstream song
"They've just made the song listenable xD"
"Why doesn't this have a billion views?!"
>>
First one is often true though
>>
>semi-famous artist has over million views, which should be considered a lot
"Why does Justin Bieber has over billion views and great musician like he/she/they only million?"
>>
Most people don't really like music; they just like feeling like they're part of a group. And you can express your affiliation with a group by singling out outsiders for scorn and derision.

This is why the exact same song, played the exact same way, with the only differences being instrumentation and cultural signification, can go from bad to amazing for some people. It's not that the song is better; it's that now they can express their cultural affiliations by praising the song.
>>
>>73607078
>only
>million
are these cunts retarded?
>>
>>73607089
Despite sounding like a pretentious dick. I think you hit the nail on the head. A lot of people don't listen to stuff because they think it's great music they enjoy listening to. They listen to it 'cause other people are and it's catchy.
>>
>>73607089
Instrumentation, production etc. makes a massive amount of difference in a song. Timbre is a very important factor in music and can really change how a work sounds. Even a different mix of levels in a song can make it go from sounding good to bad.
>>
>white person with a ukulele or something like that covers a hip hop song
>"you know I wasn't a fan of the original but this is really good"
>>
>more well known artist covers a song
>go to orginal artist's version on youtube
>"{more popular band} sent me here"
>"anyone else here because of {more popular band}"
>>
>>73607132
>white person with a ukulele or something like that covers a hip hop song
what the fuck is the deal with this anyway. I only noticed a few months ago but I assume it's been going on forever. it's always a white girl with a ukulele and they all sing with that same whispery voice.
>>
>>73607170
Reminds me of Twenty One Pilot's cover of an MCR song
>>
>>73607208
>Marilyn Manson- Personal Jesus
>>
>>73607208
My Chemical Romance- Astro Zombies
>>
the disturbed cover of "the sound of silence" is still one of the worst covers I've ever heard by a relatively mainstream band. It boggles my mind how so many people call it a masterpiece when it reduces the subtleties of the Simon and Garfunkel song to almost nothing, and makes it a melodramatic piece of shit with the emotional resonance of a wet rag.
>>
>>73607259
Disturbed fucking sucks in general.
>>
File: 1469569314373.png (526KB, 554x441px) Image search: [Google]
1469569314373.png
526KB, 554x441px
>cover of a pop song
>the only difference is that the cover uses distorted guitars
>cover appears in advertisement
>>
>really bad song
>"I love it, dunno why ppl hate it lol"
>>
>>73607089
Sometimes it's actually better though.
>>
>original version of song made more well known by other artist
>"they ruined [cover artist]'s song"
>>
Well that's because only guitar music is REAL music
>>
>>73607259
Disturbed? Wasn't it Stone Sour or some other shitty band?
>>
>>73607411
nope disturbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

nominated for a grammy apparently
>>
>>73607411
Stone Sour isn't nearly as shitty as Disturbed desu
>>
>>73607320
are you talking about i want to hold your hand?
>>
>icon covers a good song
>it's completely different and yet still good
>everyone is happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbuUlSGXzc
>>
>>73607555
All of Johnny Cash's American covers are good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.