[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gives 2/3 of the album "tracks of the week" >says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: thiccmelon.png (542KB, 848x430px) Image search: [Google]
thiccmelon.png
542KB, 848x430px
>gives 2/3 of the album "tracks of the week"
>says he likes the alter beast segment as well
>gives it "the lightest 6"
I finally realized what a hack contrarian this guy is today.
>>
File: 1.jpg (103KB, 855x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
103KB, 855x1300px
>tfw DAMN. > MotU
>>
He said it was the strongest instrumentals in their career and in a live stream after hearing Chapter 2 and 3, he was considering giving it a 10. His ONLY complaint was the spoken word passages and light 6 LMAO.
>>
He stated in this review that he tried to spoil as little as possible for himself, to me that sounds like he listened to first song of each of the chapters uploaded and then clicked off. From what he'd heard of both chapters, he liked
>>
>>73602705
Spoken word must have entirely killed the entire fucking album for him. Because there was no other criticism.
>>
This is their best album hands down wtf
>>
>>73603679
He was probably activating almonds for his kale nut smoothie and didn't even really give it a listen. Possibly his laziest review yet. Just picked one thing that he decides to dislike (despite liking the track previews), calls it a day and cashes his youtube check.
>>
>>73602705
The spoken word parts were incredibly shitty.
This score makes sense to me.
>>
>>73603534
>>73603679
Kept expecting him to say "But apart from the spoken word" and talk about the music for more than a minute but he just went on for 5 of the 7 minutes about the spoken word and barely gave it a 6 despite praising the instrumentals of what he agreed was some of their best work.
I don't usually care about melons ratings but this this just felt lazy. Like he didn't really put much effort into something he knew people wanted to see. First time Fantano's really rubbed me the wrong way
>>
The first half of the album was pretty forgettable for me. The second half was good.
>>
>>73602705
I like the album and I like the spoken word bits too, the only thing that's bothering me is that the bands formula got old. They are using the same tricks on MOTU they used on their 4 previous albums. And it all gets too repetetive and samey. The vocal melodies, the structure, the riffs, etc.
>>
>>73603898
Really? I guess it just feels repetitive because it stands out. A lot of artists reuse the same formulas of songwriting. Though on this record I thought they really nailed their style on a lot of the tracks.
>>
Vomit coffin is the only weak point of the album it's an 7.5/10 but if it didn't have spoken word it could've been an 8.5-9/10 easily
>>
>>73602705
Feel free to stop giving him free publicity
>>
>>73603810
It's kinda like how when he reviewed MBDTF he praised it for it's great production, clever lyrics and great guest verses, but near the end said that he didn't like the hooks and gave it a 6/10.
>>
Y'all care way too much what this dude thinks. Murder of the Universe is a very objective album and the way I see it, it's not for everyone. Melon boy just happened to be one of those people. I'm surprised he didn't go lower on his rating.
>>
>>73602705
Really couldnt understand his point, 1 month of hyping for an album just for the sake of a light 6, i dont understand how the spoken word got him down, lord of lighting and murder of the universe had a lot of spoken word how the hell could he not expect that to be on the first chapter.
>>
it's a 9/10, I don't think the melon man actually paid attention to what the spoken word parts were actually saying because they worked well and made complete sense where they were. They did a great job of storytelling on this record and the spoken word pieces did nothing but help that.
>>
>>73603810

>he didn't really put much effort into something he knew people wanted to see

he's been doing this all year. notice how most of his reviews fall between the 5-10 minute mark lately? it wasn't always like that. there was a time where he would really spend a lot of time dissecting full albums instead of giving shallow surface-level criticisms and calling it a wrap.

the only review he really put effort into this year was DAMN..
>>
>>73603679
he had a lot of hype and in the end was disappointed by minimal shit. I respect him but some of his worst reviews are like that
>>
>>73605626
What is an objective album? Do you mean it was objectively good?
>>
>>73606585
Obviously he means subjective in that sentence.
>>
>>73606695
Obviously he knew objective obviously meant subjective in that sentence
>>
>>73606821
Well the sentence doesn't make much sense unless it was meant to be subjective.
>>
>>73606128
yea he seems extra shitty this year. I miss the comfy days of the tree and the other angle in his room actually reviewing underground indie releases.
>>
Fantano can do a decent job at reviewing stuff he likes, but he really is garbage at detailing why he dislikes something.
2011 Fantano will forever be the beat era
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.