[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: genres that should have died a long time ago I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1464860598854.png (225KB, 936x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464860598854.png
225KB, 936x1000px
ITT: genres that should have died a long time ago
I'll start
>Dream Pop
the genre was already perfected by bands like Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, MBV, Lush
Everything else sounds like shitty tribute albums that want to be as good as the classics, with no originality whatsoever
>>
crunkcore
>>
rap hasn't innovated in ages
>>
>>73588811
is crunkcore still a thing?
>>
>>73588517
>post-rock
There are some decent 3rd wave album but it's drawing it's last breath and it's only gonna get worse.
>>
>>73588956
you and I both know this is bullshit. The popular hip hop music nowadays sounds way different than it did even 5 years ago. Go back 10 years and it's even more different. I'm not much of a hip hop person, but honestly it's the only popular genre that IS evolving.
>>
>>73588517
Honestly, over all punk music, in it's traditional sense. It's a complete contradiction at this point, it can't exist as a genre, and it peaked in the 80's. Punk is all about non-conformity, but to be a punk band and release punk music, you need to conform to the standards set by previous bands. Any good "punk" style band isn't a band that identify themselves as punks.
>>
>>73589099
Post-rock's fourth wave will hopefully launch in a few years. I agree the genre is stale as of now, but I still think it can reinvent itself.
>>
>>73588517
Aren't beach house, chromatics, and silver sun pick ups dream pop
>>
>>73589145
Seconding this
That there is, in 2017, a massive punk scene confounds me
>>
>>73588517
Beach House are great, nigger
>>
>>73588517
There are a couple modern dream pop bands like The Radio Dept and Fauns that have justified their existence imo.

>>73589168
>>73589195
Beach House isnt fucking one of them though fuck those two-bit Cocteau Twins clones

>>73589145
>>73589170
>Searches "punk" on Bandcamp once
lmao
>>
>>73589101
getting worse is not evolving
>>
>>73589145
Agreed. The whole punk being anti establishment is redundant now as any popular punk for the most part is very safe and popular opinion now. I think alot of the next generation of punk will reject the established left wing message and more will push for a message of nationalism, anti-globalisation etc. if the band is political.
>>
>>73589984
how is any of what I've said wrong

I'm a massive punk fan, but the genre stopped evolving in the 80's. Hell even in the 90's Jello Biafra said the exact same thing as I'm saying. Punks reject anything that they see as "not punk", which makes it impossible for the scene to evolve, and turns it into a walking contradiction. Every popular punk band nowadays is either easy listening crap or music with a safely liberal edge to it. Every hardcore punk band sounds the EXACT same. It's a contradiction, it's all the same, it's all derivative, and any band that goes outside the formula is either ignored or bashed, or just considered not punk. The genre can't exist anymore, it doesn't make sense anymore, it existed in a time but now it's the opposite of what it used to be.
>>
>>73589984
Beach House has only imitated Cocteau Twins in like one song (Norway, which coincidentally or not, is their best song).
>>
>>73590815
this
the rest of their work is nothing alike
>>
>>73590815
Also Beach House more likely rips off Mazzy Star
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.