[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've been bumping this album and Fantastic Planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: hum-astronaut-cover-art.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hum-astronaut-cover-art.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Lately I've been bumping this album and Fantastic Planet by Failure pretty much nonstop. They both seem to occupy this wierd middle ground between 90s alt rock, shoegaze and metal. It's almost as if it's a seperate genre.

I need more music like this. It perfectly captures the headspace I'm in right now (well except the heroin part fortunately)
>>
>>73577842
>90s alt rock, shoegaze and metal
love that shit

Siamese Dream
Mezcal Head
>>
File: cover.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>
File: Cave In - Jupiter.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cave In - Jupiter.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
This one is very explicitly influenced by Hum IIRC.
>>
>>73577842
I can't into the first half of this.
>>
Downward is Heavenward is one of my favorite albums of all time.
>>
>>73577842
this thread's been going on for like two years. Holy fuck bud
>>
>>73578332
So is White Pony by Deftones.
>>
File: dusterstrato.jpg (442KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dusterstrato.jpg
442KB, 1200x1200px
>>73577842

Friend, you like space rock (the more modern kind). You need some Duster in your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhva8_8q-I

You're going to love this.
>>
Shiner
Honcho Overload
Year of the Rabbit
Love Cup

Just look into the Champaign-Urbana scene.
>>
All great bands itt but i never really associated metal with hum. the guitars sounded more post-hardcore to me than metal. its not really quite the same thing but i just started getting into Granddaddy and thats been pretty great so far
>>
File: ferment.jpg (50KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
ferment.jpg
50KB, 500x496px
>>73578271
Came here to post this. Their first album is great too, but definitely less heavy
>>
>>73579040
did you ever get into bands like we vs. the shark or o pioneers?
>>
File: swervedriver mezcal head.jpg (192KB, 982x1000px) Image search: [Google]
swervedriver mezcal head.jpg
192KB, 982x1000px
>>73577938
>Mezcal Head
Fucking this. Raise is also great.
>>
>>73577842
Listening to it. I am REALLY FUCKING IMPRESSED! I had been looking for something to match my feelings for days! Thank you!
>>73578973
This album is superb; one of my all time favourites. All of their discography, really.
>>
seconding white pony, it takes a lot of influence from you'd prefer an astronaut. even the cover art
>>
>>73577842
>striped horse
>>
>>73577842
I thought I was the only person on the planet that remembered this album.
>>
>>73581047
it was a meme on here during the buttrock meme days. people used to constantly make threads "whats with the striped horse" or something like that
>>
File: duster chart.png (1MB, 1700x2000px) Image search: [Google]
duster chart.png
1MB, 1700x2000px
>>73578973
One of my favorite albums ever.
>>73580168
>All of their discography
Pretty much. Be sure to listen to all of the unreleased stuff, there's tons of it. Nothing compares to Stratosphere, but it's worth a listen.
>>
File: rare.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
rare.jpg
1B, 486x500px
This new Hundredth album is pretty much exactly the sound you described. They even said they were inspired by Catherine Wheel and Swervedriver while making it
>>
>>73582376
What the actual fuck, that's not the image I put lmao I have no clue what happened there. I put the cover to Hundredth's new album Rare and it changed to that somehow
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.