[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people seem to shun Spotify? I can understand being unable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
Why do people seem to shun Spotify?

I can understand being unable to afford it, "ethical" reasons and having shitty network, but otherwise Spotify works pretty fucking fine.

If I want to support the artist, I'll get the records physically or l'll get merch. YouTube-streaming isn't giving the artist anymore money than Spotify.
>>
>>73577319
>youtube and spotify are the only ways to listen to music
>>
>muh can pirate music for free

Like my phone or music player can handle my whole library. Using Spotify and downloading whatever albums that are not on there is the best option and if you don't agree you're just being ignorant.
>>
Because they're misinformed. You can find a lot of "non-plebeian" music on there, you can bypass the ads, you can have it for free etc. It's a great way to get music, I combine it with torrents and have everything I need. It's especially fine for classical music.
>>
>>73577319
if you dont listen to mainstream music its not going to be on spotify
its much more secure to have downloaded music from torrents in case spotify ever shuts down like grooveshark
its not free
it collects data on what you listen too

only plebs use spotify sorry
>>
>>73577367
t.poorfag
i have a 64gbs iphone. can hold the music i currently like fine. and spotify doesn't have majority of the music i listen to anyway
>>
>>73577367
why dont you have a phone with an expandable storage of up to 2 terabytes?
>>
Unless you're a third world tier poorfag who's time has no value Spotify is fine. If you really can't handle the monthly charge you can get an account on Alphabay for like $3.
>>
Apple music is better
>>
Music is going to be free soon anyways
>>
>>73577373
Not true btw, there's a lot of "alternative" music on there. I should know because I listen to weird shitty African music. And you can fucking pirate it i.e. it's free.
>>
>>73577373
Most of the stuff talked about on here is on Spotify, though.
>>
File: 1493200216038.png (655KB, 1020x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1493200216038.png
655KB, 1020x1029px
>>73577390
>iphone
>ever
>>
>>73577423
>Not true btw, there's a lot of "alternative" music on there.
ok why can't I find lover boy on spotify then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK5NsLEMq9g
>>
>>73577482
yeah most but not everything,isnt like taylor swift not on spotify or something?
also spotify can just remove music if their license to use it expires and the record company doesnt want to renew it

and if you dont use spotify you can get music much earlier when it leaks online
>>
>>73577390
>>73577367
>>73577319
OP here

I use Spotify for albums that are on there, I rip CDs of albums that aren't on there and as a last resort I'll just listen to 'em on YouTube or better yet, torrent them and buy them physically when they're available.

T. Huawei P10 64GB + 128GB SD-card wit h PowerAmp
>>
>>73577390
I use spotify premium so clearly I'm not poor. Also if 64 GB is enough to handle your library you're a fucking pleb.
>>
>>73577319
spotify is fine and premium is cheap if you're a fully grown human being, i do download some music but streaming is a lot more convenient for work etc.

really the only people with strong opinions on this are kids and angry losers
>>
too many black people on the front page
>>
>>73577621
>I use spotify premium so clearly I'm not poor.
OMG U HAVE CAN AFFORD $5 good job my man

>Also if 64 GB is enough to handle your library you're a fucking pleb.
why would you need more than 64gbs of music when you're not at home? are you that anti-social?
>>
If you have an iphone why use spotify?
Apple music has more artists (and im not just meaning taylor swift). If you can show me an album on spotify and not on apple music I'll pay your years subscription.
plus you can sync your downloaded albums to your phone through apple music...so you pretty much have access to all music
>>
https://qz.com/848463/spotify-launches-a-set-of-billboard-ads-that-mock-the-musical-tastes-of-its-users/
>>
they don't have most of what i listen to so there's not much of a point for me
>>
>>73577498
Because Ariel is gay shit.
>>
>>73577367
It's called ogg opus you idiot
>>
File: 1469756602580.png (175KB, 1024x1762px) Image search: [Google]
1469756602580.png
175KB, 1024x1762px
>>73577319
>I can understand being unable to afford it,

Spotify normally costs $10, but since most of use are college students it costs $5

That's $5 per month, less than a Big Mac meal

5*12= $60 a year

That's literally the price of buying a AAA Console game every year, for near infinite music.

Even homeless people could afford it, you spend more on takeout per month than you'll ever spend on Spotify.
>>
>>73577706
not the guy you replied to but holy shit you're a pleb
>not having your entire collection of Indonesian gamelan music and Tuvan throat singing with you
>>
>>73578042
Isn't college supposed to be an institution of higher education? Or have the neolibs ruined that too?
>>
>>73578100
It's ok as long as you stick to a STEM/Non-cucked major and avoid all the SJW's.
>>
>>73578391
>It's ok as long as you stick to a STEM/Non-cucked major
lol have fun getting no jobs when you have ZERO people skills.
>>
Because i dislike streaming and absolutely hate having a song inturrupted cause i happened to be between towers or just out of wifi
>>
>>73577537
Taylor Swift is on Spotify, actually
>>
>>73577390
>he thinks 64gb is enough

I have a 220gb library, and that's light for most people on here. Someone please rec me a phone with more than 64gb, I don't care how shit it is I just want a lot of space
>>
>>73578613
Please just off yourself
>>
>>73578440
>Implying every single STEM major is a shut-in with no friends

Do you even college?
>>
>>73579033
>Do you even college?
yep and i see majority of stem fags who are just barely passing class ending up with no jobs or not even getting internships. but yeah keep up with the stem meme. there's a reason why most ceo's happen to have a mba buddy :)
>>
>>73577412
this
>>
>>73579331
Youtube music would be perfect if they just upgraded to 320
>>
>>73579339
I'm even considering youtube red....
>>
i stopped pirating and fuck everyone spotify is ok!
>>
File: streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png (221KB, 940x7500px) Image search: [Google]
streamingserviceshowmuchtheypay.png
221KB, 940x7500px
Goygle Play Music is better.

Can upload your own shit as well if it isn't on there.
>>
>>73580116
what is their selection of music like?
>>
>>73577495
>anime
>ever
I wish mu was separate from 4chan so we could be rid of you fuckin nerds
>>
>>73577319
The UI is pretentious crap that violates basic rules and intuitions of visual hierarchy. It's designed by hipster millennial "UI designers" that don't know or appreciate the first thing about how to make an intuitive interface. Despite the interface barely existing and only being there to click a button to play the audio it still manages to fuck up in weird, annoying ways.

It fucks up basic principles of being a music-tracking service. When a song is updated in any way (and it happens a lot) they delete the old track from the database and add a new one instead of updating it, so it disappears from your library and until you happen to wonder why it isn't there (if you ever notice) it's gone from your memory forever.

The amount if pays out to artists is pitiful and only exists to pay struggling artists $7 a month because they may as well hope or enormous fatcat conglomerates that are already successful like EMI $400,000 a second.

The routinely updated "playlists section" pretends like it's some kind of interesting and helpful look into artists you may not have known about when it's just a hundred different pretentious ways to get you to listen to listen to artists you'll probably listen to and make them more money. "R&B Right Now" means Drake, Chris Brown and The Weeknd. Also, just the art they make for these is dreadful, pretentious garbo. They seem to want to imitate contemporary art but they also know that bright colors and famous people catch your attention so they have some guy with tattoos and gold in his teeth looking into the camera with a glazed expression that looks vaguely emotional but also "I sell crack and I will beat you up" with a pastel filter and neon lights in the background. Fuck off.
>>
>>73580248

I never have an issue finding anything outside of a rare album here and there.

In that case I just download it and upload it to their service. Added to my collection with everything else.

Sometimes the auto-download between devices doesn't work though.
>>
No exmilitary
>>
>>73577390
what music player app do you have? do you just use the default
>>
>hehe anon it's great hanging out with you and discussing music with someone who knows what they're talking about
>here pass me your phone I'll show you this amazing album on spotify
>w-what you don't have spotify? that's a bit weird, everyone has spotify

an actual conversation I had a year ago, paraphrased a bit. that situation forced me into buying into the music streaming meme and desu I don't think I can ever go back
>>
>>73580576
It's a mixtape and you can literally download it for free
>>
>>73581133
Not him but Blackplayer is pretty good.
>>
no King Crimson
>>
>>73577390
>i have a 64gbs iphone. can hold the music i currently like fine

dude I have a 8 gb android w/a 64 gig card and I constantly have to delete shit off my library to make room for new music.
>>
>>73581482
What does spotify have against mixtapes?
>>
>>73577788
Hey Steve, I haven't had a solid shit in week and I've been losing a lot of weight lately, which is bad because I'm trying to bulk up, any idea what the problem could be?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.