[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /sp//v//lit/ user here. I was talking with a friend and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1498403959390.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1498403959390.gif
458KB, 256x256px
Hi, /sp//v//lit/ user here. I was talking with a friend and the subject of music came up, and we were both kind of just wondering what makes musicso appealing to so many people.

Basically, to us, it seems like *listening* music is just a massive waste of time. Like, if you actually make it yourself, that's kind of cool, but if you're one of those people who just sits on the couch all year and listens to a bunch of music, then, what is really the point?

When you listen to all those albums, and your favorite musicians wins those awards, it's not really YOU who's winning. YOU didn't actually achieve anything, you just sat and listened and from your couch while smarter, more talented people did all the work.

I'd wager that you could learn/expand your mind more from reading four or five books and playing a few sports in less time than you would spending a whole year listening to music. So again, what is the point of being so passionate about music when you aren't actually doing the work, and there is nothing even remotely intellectually stimulating about it?
>>
This is where classical music comes in, pleb.
But OP is probably copypasta so what do I know
>>
>>73572470
You didn't make it, so what's the point? You're just listening to someone else's creativity.
>>
You're probably right but I'm lazy so fuck off
>>
>>73572419
Do you know what "entertainment" means?
>>
>>73572488
you didn't make the video games or the books, so what's the point? you're just consuming someone else's creativity
>>
>>73572419
This is either one of the most meta baits I've ever seen or anon and his friend are genuinely one of the most stupid posters this board ever seen.
>>
>>73572488
This can apply to literally everything.
>>
>forms of media that don't interest me are dumb: the post
>>
>>73572540
lmao look at the board he browses
>>
hahahahahahahahhaahah
>>
This can be applied to any form of media and you are literally posting this on a mongolian basket weaving board
>>
lol why do you assume that no musicians browse this board?

I know for a fact that Burial, Lavren, Deadmau5, Trent and Bjork, amongst countless others, all have browsed and contributed to the discussion on /mu/ at some point.
>>
so this is the power...... of /v/ posters....... damn.......
>>
eventually, all posts will just be modified copypastas
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.