[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please I just want to understand why people say pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Spirit_they've_gone.jpg (38KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit_they've_gone.jpg
38KB, 316x316px
Please I just want to understand why people say pic related is their best
>>
>>73565121
it's the rawest
>>
>>73565121
You just have to listen to it more, also think of it less as an ambitious anco album and more like proto ariel pink experimental diy
>>
>>73565138
to be fair it's a pretty damn ambitious album
>>
>>73565148
yeah I guess so
>>
>pay to listen to their music
>they try to make u deaf with white noise

scumbags
>>
>>73565129
not true btw
>>
>>73565121
Because it's really good if you go past the noise or have good headphones.
>>
>>73565129
Nope

It's their most juvenile
>>
it's their saddest
>>
>>73565121
dxm helped me understand, i don't recommend it though
>>
>>73565121
it really encapsulates childhood, which I feel is hard to genuinely get across in music. Everything has this very unique lo-fi to it, not just your standard daniel johnston or microphones lo-fi. it all is just really beautiful and unique.
>>
i dont like these threads, you dont begin to like an album just because someone told you why it's good. just listen to it more, if you start to like it then good and if you dont, thats okay maybe its just not for you.
>>
>>73565862
OP wants opinions you self-important idiot
>>
If you're genuinely depressed I think it helps out better than most things
>>
>>73565822
this, also the songwriting is excellent, particularly on Chocolate Girl and Alvin Row. great melodies, unique sound, creative, fun, scary, and playful
>>
honestly the melodies are just godlike and I've never heard anything that's similar to it
>>
>>73565121
it's very very different than their other stuff, so the /mu/ fanbase is split between "Spirit is best" and "one of the others is their best." thus, naturally, you see it get mentioned everywhere.

personally, i love spirit and only like everything else.
>>
>>73565121
the whole album feels like being a kid, that youthful joy and the surprises around every corner. the high frequencies don't really bother me, I think they're used really well and sound good. untitled is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard
>>
honestly fuck my dickhole you stray fucking bitch.
>>
It's their 2nd best after Stawberry Jam
>>
This is headache-core. I honestly don't see the appeal
>>
he fell for the anco is good meme
>>
>>73565862
Honestly, not true. I didn't understand Burial until a friend of mine described his music as "beauty in broken things" - and that unlocked a completely different way of seeing his music for me.
>>
It feels out of this world. I don't believe in ranking albums in a discography but I'd say this album -along at least 6 other Animal Collective projects- is god-tier
>>
File: Cover.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
Lets get real, despite it being a meme, this is their best.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.