[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"if you want your babies to develop perfect pitch play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: thatsimple.png (580KB, 889x657px) Image search: [Google]
thatsimple.png
580KB, 889x657px
>"if you want your babies to develop perfect pitch play them complicated music"
>"like bach"
>>
Don't talk shit about Rick
>>
>>73552554
Yes, Bach is more complicated than Beyoncé.
>>
So is perfect pitch an innate talent or can it be developed by people who don't have it as well?

I can recognize the notes of car horns when they are the same as the first note of a melody that I composed.

If I made 12 songs that have melodies that start with each note, could I develop perfect pitch by remembering the song that corresponds to the note I hear?
>>
>>73553790
When he mentions perfect pitch, he means the ability to tell you not only the note, but also how in or out of tune it is. You can also tell this without having other notes as a reference point. He believes this has to be taught a very young age to be achievable, but he's also said that he would like to see someone prove him wrong.
>>
Was just watching this guy.
He claimed to be a giant Radiohead fan who saw them live countless times, then proceeded to say that Pablo Honey came out in 1991, called them 'Radioheads' a few times and thought that their newest album was called 'A Moon Shaped Pearl'.
Fucking idiot
>>
>>73553937
Was that all you got out of the video? He broke down Everything in It's Right Place and all you got out of it were mispronunciations and that he got Pablo Honey's release date wrong. Have you seen any of his other videos?
>>
>>73553935
So if you can only tell which note it is (without knowing if it's in or out of tune) but also don't need other notes to help you (relative pitch, if I understand correctly) how is it called?
Imperfect pitch?
Good-but-not-quite-perfect pitch?
>>
>>73554299
I believe that's still relative pitch
>>
>>73554526
Doesn't relative pitch mean being able to sing notes of a scale starting from one or two?
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk

Relative as in "relative to other notes", no?
Recognizing a single note out of the blue should be something else, tight?
>>
>>73554526
NVM you're right:
>the skill used by singers to correctly sing a melody, following musical notation, by pitching each note in the melody according to its distance from the previous note. Alternatively, the same skill which allows someone to hear a melody for the first time and name the notes relative to some known reference pitch.
>>
>>73554526
>>73555016
Forgot the link, sorry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_pitch
>>
File: 1317916412370.jpg (12KB, 257x287px) Image search: [Google]
1317916412370.jpg
12KB, 257x287px
Hey this is Rick Beato and on today's Everything Music we're going to be talking about poly-inverse three fold function dominant reharm chords. I know its a mouthful there's a lot to get through so lets get this underway.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.