[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are The National The best modern indie rock band? All other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: The_National.jpg (343KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
The_National.jpg
343KB, 1280x853px
Are The National The best modern indie rock band?

All other bands have faded into irrelevance after overhyped debut albums but they still keep making consistently good music

I have just watched them play their new songs live and they are still fantastic
>>
Alligator and Boxer are still way better than anything they did since.
>>
>baroque pop
>boring acoustic shit
>good
lol. their more post-punk influenced tracks are pretty good though
>>
They're just tindersticks but not as good
>>
they're just the musical equivalent to wonderbread
>>
>>73549858
>>73549873
Those are both surprisingly accurate posts
>>
They're elbow-tier
>>
>>73549989
What's wrong with Elbow
They are the best alternative rock band from the UK right now
>>
>>73549623
they made a few good albums so i guess they are pretty cool
>>
Boring band
>>
>>73549989
Elbow are good though bishnigga.
>>
Spoon
>>
File: 1476762363729.png (258KB, 479x347px) Image search: [Google]
1476762363729.png
258KB, 479x347px
They covered a pete and pete song, so thats cool
>>
I didn't like Trouble Will Find Me but yeah they're a solid band. I can see why some people find them boring, but desu that's part of their appeal.
>>
>>73549989
wtf I hate you now
>>
>>73551964
>>73549646
TWFM is their only good album
>>
>>73549623
The National are shitty normie-tier "INDIE". You are a pleb if you enjoy them
>>
>>73549989
fuck, thank you for Elbow. best band ever
>>
>>73552064
Nah they're pretty god. The Dessner brothers know how to keep things interesting while just using traditional rock instrumentation within their admittedly kind of basic format. Their drummer is fantastic and of course Matt's songwriting is fantastic and honestly pretty damn unique.

Maybe once you get out of your teen years you'll realize how useless those arbitrary buzzword labels are.
>>
>>73551739
Also great band, though I didn't like their last album very much
>>
Bryan Devendorf is a great drummer
>>
The National is a group of talented musicians coming together to make awful songs
>>
>>73553090
>talented musicians coming together to make awful songs
Sounds like most prog metal
>>
>>73549623
People don't really get them. They are mundane and boring to the most arch level possible until it becomes inspiring. I think Graceless is one of the best hit songs of the decade, the lyrics are Steely Dan level almost, they have a lot of depth and the song just sounds so propulsive with strong drums and one of the best shouted choruses aside from Springsteen.
>>
>>73549623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQxhGksnek
The new songs sound really good
>>
Music for clothing stores at the mall
>>
>>73551721
>>73550132
>>73551997
>>73552216
Elbow suck, by the way
>>
>>73553615
Tell that to to the thousands of adoring fans worldwide, by the way. :)
>>
>>73553615
>not liking patrician Coldplay
Their new album wasn't great though
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.