[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The beatles are superior to the beach boys in virtually every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: beatles-vs-beach-boys.jpg (123KB, 800x276px) Image search: [Google]
beatles-vs-beach-boys.jpg
123KB, 800x276px
The beatles are superior to the beach boys in virtually every aspect.

Don't get me wrong, I too prefer the beach boys, but im not retarded enough to sit here and try and pretend that objectively they're better.
>>
>>73545969
Must suck knowing that this man made better music than the beatles
>>
>>73546025

He had the potential to, but at the end of the day he only put out 1-1.5 solid albums showcasing his talent, he lets drugs and mike get in the way and objectively going off the actual music we have in front of us, he's got maybe 1/5th of what the beatles have to show.
>>
>>73546025
Not even he would say this
>>
>>73546060
beatles worked better because all of them except for maybe ringo were very talented musicians with desires to make great music
brian wilson had three useless kids that played the instruments and looked cool for the girls and an asshole that impaired the evolution of the music, but brian was much more of a genius than john, paul and george.
>>
>>73546845
Ringo wasn't very talented but he was very suited to their style, which is honestly one of the main things behind them.
>>
>>73546845
Paul>Brian
>>
>>73546060
>>73546845
don't even talk about these bands if you don't know shit about them or their history
>>
>>73545969
Pet Sounds is far more musically complex than anything the Beatles made, and that's coming from someone who prefers the Beatles.
>>
The Beatles are indeed better than The Beach Boys, and probably any other rock band ever. But who really cares? Just enjoy both great bands.

>>73546845
>>73546861
>the man who drummed on Rain and She Said She Said isn't very talented
>>
Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles album, but any Beatles album is better than every other Beach Boys album (excluding some close calls for Smile). Beatles dominate when it comes to consistently strong output, even if they don't peak as high.
>>
>>73546952
I mean, compared to the others he isn't overwhelmingly talented, but he was such a great fit for the band that he really managed to do everything a drummer should do with his own unique style which is kind of restrained.

I should've put this into words - he's very talented, yes, but it's a different kind of talented from, say, Bill Bruford or Keith Moon.
>>
>>73546990
Agree with every word of this post
>>
>>73547014
Yeah, I get ya. I would agree in that sense. He isn't the most technically gifted drummer in the world but he has great musicianship and an ability to really lift the other instruments around him, rather than simply keeping time. I'd take a creative and unique drummer over one who can play at an extremely high technical level any day.

>>73546990
I see a lot of people say that The Beach Boys have higher peaks despite The Beatles being more consistent but I'm just not buying it. Strawberry Fields Forever and Happiness Is A Warm Gun are a league above any Beach Boys song, for me. Granted I have only listened to Pet Sounds and Smile, so maybe I have missed a candidate. I love both of those albums, by the way. I'm not taking a dig at them.
>>
>>73545969
Is it bad that I don't like The Beatles?
>>
>>73547111
makes you a tasteless faggot honestly
>>
File: i hate the beatles.jpg (98KB, 748x665px) Image search: [Google]
i hate the beatles.jpg
98KB, 748x665px
>>73547111
>>
>>73547111
You shouldn't for contrarian reasons. Don't let the Beatle/mu/nia get to you.
>>
>>73546990
I think the Beach Boys have three or four albums better than the any Beatles albums depending on if Smile counts. I also think the Beach Boys have about a dozen songs better than any Beatles song.
>>73547084
>Granted I have only listened to Pet Sounds and Smile, so maybe I have missed a candidate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOYQ8qfFng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IQu0yuJzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO_LX-m74uw
>>
>>73545969
Why did they share a microphone like some poofters?
>>
>>73547111
Nah, it's fine. Just as long as you aren't one of those cringe inducing 'rare Brian' posters.
>>
>>73547168

homosexuality was a crime
>>
File: LoveYouCover.jpg (30KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
LoveYouCover.jpg
30KB, 220x220px
Both bands came up with nuts melodies but the Beach Boys (not just Brian but the rest as well post Pet Sounds) had a certain artistic vision and love of craft that led to more interesting experimentation and ultimately a wider variety of musical styles. I'm still blown every time I hear "All I Wanna Do" and it's literally shoegaze made in 1970. The Beach Boys did have the benefit of time lasting into the '70s, but neither John, Paul, or George had the balls to go all in on Synthpop the way Brian did in fucking 1977.
>>
>>73547251
this album sucked on the first listen. but damn is it good on revisit. best post pet sounds album besides sunflower and smile (from the smile sessions)
>>
The biggest indictmnet of the Beatles in my opinion is that a large chunk of the music they put out is constructed from the same exact doo-wop chord progression, often played in the same key of D. See:

This Boy
Tell Me Why
Fool on the Hill
Across the Universe
Help!
You're Gonna Lose That Girl
Nowhere Man

Of course, when they deviated and made something slightly more complicated like "All My Loving" it didn't sell as well. Zappa was right.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.