[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of people make fun of rhythm guitar players but lets be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 8579432098237405245.jpg (284KB, 492x494px) Image search: [Google]
8579432098237405245.jpg
284KB, 492x494px
A lot of people make fun of rhythm guitar players but lets be honest here..
Being the rhythm guitarist beats being the bassist any day of the week
>>
I dunno if the pic is intended to be ironic or not, but George was lead.
>>
>>73544057
Bass parts can be fun as fuck. Rhythm guitar, you're just fucking strumming chords.
>>
>>73544747
>Rhythm guitar, you're just fucking strumming chords

Maybe if you're a fucking pleb band
>>
>>73544747
Never heard Van Halen huh

>>73544057
If a band has a seperate singer and rhythm guitarist that's a possible red flag
>>
why does it have to be a competition
>>
Bass parts are fun and what many people look to boost in volume when listening to a song. No one has ever asked to boost the rhythm guitar. The best basslines, such as Hey Bulldog, are very melodic and funky.

Plus, bassists are sexier. I'm an ugly autist but since I started playing bass I became Chad. It oozes sex appeal, whereas rhythm guitar is a secondary role - a cuck role, if you will.
>>
>>73544800
Though I agree with your point, Van Halen is far from a good example of a rhythm guitarist. He was a lead player through and through, even his rhythm playing was leads. Jazz is a great place to look for good rhythm players. Their vocabulary of chords goes beyond major and minor triads, and many modern players use hybrid pick-fingerstyle techniques, as well as improvising advanced rhythmic syncopations and harmonic substitutions.
>>
File: c6076eeaefe1703cfeb051727e357cb6.jpg (177KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
c6076eeaefe1703cfeb051727e357cb6.jpg
177KB, 1200x800px
I'd rather be able to keep time like an atomic clock (which would also make lead playing easier to learn) than have no sense of time but be able to shred.
>>
this is clearly bait. im dissappointed in you, /mu/
>>
Keyboard players>lead guitarists>all other instrument players except bassists>bassists>vocalists>>>>>>rhythm "guitarists"

objective truth
>>
>rhythm guitarist is more technically competent than the lead guitarist
>>
>>73544969
don't forget about tapping bro
taaaapping
>>
>lead guitarist
>leads with complex melodies and progressions

>drummer
>keeps the beat, can play complex rhythms, most important member in terms of keeping things together, really gets people moving

>bass
>low, powerful sound, plays simple but effective patterns that tie the rhythm with the melody and gives body to the sound

>rhythm guitarist
>???
>>
I'd rather have another bassist with a five or six string than a rhythm guitarist
>>
>>73546871
he's certainly not more technically competent than kirk, he's better for other reasons.
>>
>>73546926
how would this even sound?
>>
>>73546926
underrated
>>
>>73544057
George harrison is probably the chillest dude that ever lived
>>
>>73546926
lol the first 3 or 4 are basically useless then anyway just use another guitar jesus
basically he would confined to the 5th or 6th string because anything else would turn into muddy shite with the real bassist already doing their thing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.