[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lemme tell you I have NO idea what the fuck I'm listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: De-Loused in the Comatorium.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
De-Loused in the Comatorium.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Lemme tell you I have NO idea what the fuck I'm listening to but I think I like it. I have no idea what this dude is singing and when I briefly understand it's just random words, I mean look at these stupid song titles, what is going on.

More like this?
>>
Doesn't exist
>>
>>73524318
Frances the Mute
>>
>>73524339
Noted
>>
>>73524339
I just started and look at these stupid ass names

Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus: Sarcophagi/Umbilical Syllables/Facilis Descenus Averni/Con Safo

Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore: Vade Mecum/Icepick/Pisacis (Phra-Men-Ma)/Con Safo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfnjcRLBQE
take the next step
>>
>>73525283
You know, while listening to this I was thinking this sounds more like post-hardcore than prog
>>
>>73525321
it is pretty much ph if anything but usually the best music is difficult to pinpoint to a single genre. good modern prog should indulge in newer genres too
>>
>>73525413
Most modern prog comes from math rock and post-hardcore, now that I think of it. Also apparently The Fall Of Troy is /mu/core now. I'm ok with this.
>>
>>73525413
>>73525431
I'm certainly getting that vibe. best troy record?
>>
>>73525472
Doppelganger. That album was so good that I could deal with the screaming, and I loathe screaming.
>>
>>73525431
or metal, though im not into a lot of progmetal. Stuff like fall of troy has a difficult time catching on here for some reason
>>
>>73525472
listen to the ghostship demos if you can find them
>>
>>73525515
Same I don't like screaming either, like why? Why do that? It's like scratching your record. I'll check that out though
>>
>>73525518
I reckon it's because the vast majority of people who lean to post-hardcore don't also lean to prog rock, they end up leaning more towards emo.

>>73525538
Even though Doppelganger has its more "screaming" moments, they end up being only really present and not used as a counterpoint near the end, which might turn people off. Then again, the end is really dark. It's only from Laces Out, Dan! to Macaulay McCulkin that they overdose on the screaming, but then again that part ends up being very inspired by noise so do with that what you will.

Also they apparently did listen to Tom Waits, so that's patrician.
>>
Would anyone here recc Porcupine Tree?
Dream Theatre?
>>
>>73526031
Ehhhh to go from TMV to Porcupine Tree or Dream Theater seems a little backwards.

I do have a special nostalgia boner for Dream Theater, but for the most part their music is more about bombast and technicality than the raw, brain-fucking intensity and complexity of The Mars Volta.

Not to say DT isn't complex in their own right, it just has a completely different feel. That and they get REALLY fuckin cheesy and they only have like three actually good albums and I just love the rest cause I'm a dildo
>>
>>73526101
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>73526101
The comparison of Mars volta to PT doesnt make much sense imo. Their Musical styles differ too much from each other.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.