[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have five minutes to name a song more perfect than Bridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

You have five minutes to name a song more perfect than Bridge Over Troubled Water.
I'll wait.
>>
>>73523351
echoes.
>>
>>73523351
Starless
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOgXWOX-iE
>>
>>73523351
Overs is their best song
>>
desu if that song didnt have that message, most would think it's pretty shit. I personally don't think it's very good- altough i don't have anything but weeb music to offer you.
>>
>>73523536
which message?! it's just a poetic song about a bridge & water..
>>
>>73523366
Not even their best song gtfo of here

>>73523372
Doesn't come close to hitting the emotional highs and lows of S&G, and middling around in boring and uninspired vocals is a poor way of building to an admittedly pretty fucking amazing climax, but you could easily cut out all of the vocals and a good chunk of the noodling around and be left with a much better song, though still one that's not nearly as good.

>>73523536
So your point is that Paul Simon is a goddamn poet and the song's subject matter is transcendent even over the melancholy and hopeful crescendoing vocals?

>>73523446
Overs is just a bit too hollow in its presentation, which is fine and all, but Bridge Over Troubled Water manages to carry that emptiness and lift it up into joy, and just brings a much wider range of emotion.
>>
>>73523778
>Overs is just a bit too hollow in its presentation, which is fine and all, but Bridge Over Troubled Water manages to carry that emptiness and lift it up into joy, and just brings a much wider range of emotion.
I mean I don't disagree with that description but I still don't think the latter is thus better.
>>
>>73523351
100% agree anon. Bridge Over Troubled Water is in my top 5 songs ever.

The loving message and band backing, combined with Art Garfunkels incredible voice makes it one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.
>>
KD Lang's Hallelujah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE
>>
>>73524342
>4 different versions of Hallelujah on a playlist of 20 songs play on repeat at my work
>Completely desensitised me to the song

I cant listen to it without cringing anymore.
>>
>>73524645
I'm sorry about that Anon, KD Lang really is something else though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqPjx94YMg
>>
>>73524674
Yeah it sucks. 3/4 versions were atrocious no name covers that should never have been produced. Which didn't help.

I have heard K.D. Lang before though. Beautiful voice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.