[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw we've been in the 21st century for 17 years and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2502.jpg (61KB, 300x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2502.jpg
61KB, 300x550px
>Tfw we've been in the 21st century for 17 years and Kanye is still the only Hip Hop artist with actual value

Let's see how Kendrick is holding up.
>>
Yeah I give him kudos for trying but I don't think this genre is ever getting any better

Same thing with pop. I don't think anyone will ever "save pop" when the premise of the genre is designed for mass appeal
>>
File: jerome's in the house.jpg (76KB, 838x559px) Image search: [Google]
jerome's in the house.jpg
76KB, 838x559px
>>73521827
>>
>>73521862
Carly though...
>>
>>73521893
They're pretty fit for living in a shit place.
>>
>>73521909
Won't do shit.

There may be a blip on the radar where people follow in their footsteps and the genre gets a bit less saturated with lazy crap and then it's right back to the same formulaic hogwash that makes people lots of money.
>>
>>73521989
Sadly, you're right.
>>
>>73521919
that's a jail
>>
>>73521893
hahaha black peapel hahah :-)
>>
>>73521827
Tyler the Creator is pretty good.
>>
>>73521827
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jade-simmons/classically-trainedrapper_b_1453875.html
>>
>>73521862
There's tons of amazing pop out there though.
Just because mainstream pop isn't good doesn't mean all of it's not good.
>>
File: 1498171054590.jpg (176KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1498171054590.jpg
176KB, 750x1334px
>tfw you are ded and your body double looks nothing like you
>>
>>73525104
It's highly disproportionate towards the garbage compared to any other genre.

Also, if you mean "Anything slightly fun to listen to" when you say pop then shut your yap. Pop means "popular", as in designed for mass appeal.
>>
>>73525212
>Pop means "popular"
It's evolved past that, I don't know why people on this board always use this argument, it's evident that there's a specific pop sound.
Marina & The Diamonds isn't too popular, but she's still a pop artist, same with Grimes.
>>
>>73525258
We can argue about various people's definitions but the essence of pop is being designed to appeal to as many people as possible

Marina isn't that popular but her music is designed to be. Grimes I don't know about because it's explicitly designed to be weird and off the cuff but there's a huge market for the alternative tumblr girl
>>
File: Super_Smash_Solid_Snake.jpg (112KB, 755x1619px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Solid_Snake.jpg
112KB, 755x1619px
>>73521827
Kanye West is a foolish ocelot who played us all like a damn fiddle.
I hate him.

>>73521909
This.
Carly Rae Jepsen is destined to help save pop music in Taylor Swift's absence.
>>
>>73525078
Whoever wrote this was fucking retarded but it still holds a lot of truth and was informative and slightly helpful.
>>
>>73525124
I should take this somewhere and get it examined by extreme autists to find out of there's some shady shit going on
>>
>>73525417
>Waifufag
Checks out
>>
>>73525322
Clarence clarity is technically (experimental) pop music but he's not that big at all would u just put him in a different genre?
>>
>>73525826
Dude no it's not pop

Clarence Clarity is so obtuse and off the cuff you barely know what you're listening to. Under no circumstances will Alive in the Septic receive mainstream radio play

It's not pop because it's vaguely fun to listen to in some regard
>>
>>73525898
>It's not pop because it's vaguely fun to listen to in some regard
Nobody is saying that. And you act like subgenres like art pop, dream pop, baroque, bubblegum pop, pop punk, power pop, jangle pop all don't exist.

Pop is both more than "fun" music and popular music at this point.
>>
>>73525898
That's literally just circular logic what else would u call him besides experimental pop
>>
too bad this thread is shit because I'm actually interested in discussing this.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.