[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell this is actually really good... I've always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 81iLZKQyLaL._SL1256_.jpg (288KB, 1256x1121px) Image search: [Google]
81iLZKQyLaL._SL1256_.jpg
288KB, 1256x1121px
What the hell this is actually really good...

I've always avoided Manson like the plague, but this album has undeniable merit, in the glam rock/industrial genres...hmm

Thoughts on this album/his work?
>>
>>73516666
yeah its summer
>>
fuckin love antichrist superstar, mechanical animals, holy wood. the others have good-great songs but aren't as cohesive as a whole.
>>
>>73516721
I'm always here, just never ventured into MM very much, I just want some good discussion.
>>
>>73516749

POAF its a great album too

for me, Mechanical Animals is the best album ever
>>
>>73516767
>discussion
>/mu/
100% summerfag '
incase you don't know we only meme here no meaningful discussion here
>>
>>73516666
Antichrist Superstar is a solid 8/10. It would be a 10 but it's got some cheesy lyrical moments that bring it down quite a bit.
Mechanical Animals is, to me, only really appealing due to all the tiny little easter eggs hidden all over the fucking thing. It's got some nice songs but not as good as AS.
Holy Wood is the album where he lost it.

Everything since then has been a joke save for a sparse few listenable tracks here and there.
>>
>>73516721
>if someone likes something I hate, they're a faggot.
>if someone likes something I hate in summer, they're a summerfag.
alright, sweetie
>>
Coma White is the best thing he ever did
>>
Manson was legitimately a good artist in the 90s, people underestimate how clever a lot of his work was just because his impressionable mallgoth fanbase
>>
>>73518483

Agreed, Holywood took itself too seriously, where atleast Mechanical Animals was conscious of it's own absurdity. It only went downhill from there, and now Manson is so awful that he's good again (say10)
>>
>>73516666
my older brother went to marilyn's joint concert with hole in support of that album. said it was super crazy but had a lot of fun
>>
>>73518584

Prolly.
>>
>>73516666
Portrait of an American Family is obviously his best. He's one of the rare artists where it's better to listen to the best of album than the rest of the discography since it's so redundant.

>>73518272
You wanna know how I know you're a summerfag?
>>
yeah he used to be good before he turned into an anti-trump piece of shit
>>
File: 1375697738500.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1375697738500.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>73519258
1996 is the most liberal song in existence
>>
>>73518483

name some easter eggs
>>
> merit in industrial
REEEEEE
>>
>>73519258
Erm... Marilyn Manson has always been an EXTREMELY vocal liberal. The fact that you think he's only just now been that way means you haven't been paying attention at all.

>>73519363
On the vinyl version, the translucent blue and yellow disks act as a sort of 'lens' that, if you hold them up to certain parts of the album cover and booklet, allow you to see little hidden messages n stuff. One of the messages reads, "MAR1LYN MAN5ON IS AN ALCHEMICAL MAN," which is a reference to the album's title. "is an alchemical man" is an anagram for "Mechanical Animals."
There's also the fact that the i in Marilyn has been replaced with a 1, and the S in Manson a 5. This is a reference to the number 15, which is hard to explain. There's a long history of Marilyn Manson's obsession with the number 15.
Another one of the messages reads, "www.comawhite.com" I'm not sure if the website is still up but it was pretty weird. Manson used to put up a new website every time he released an album, and the website had some puzzles on it. It was like a weird semi-ARG.

There's a bunch of other stuff but I'm tired of typing. Look it up, there's a lot of fascinating stuff tucked away in that record. Backwards messages, blacklight ink shit, etc etc.
>>
>>73519363
http://www.eeggs.com/items/1980.html
>>
>>73516666

yeah it's one of Jeordie White's best albums. too bad the singer is kinda trash.
>>
>>73519363
http://www.nachtkabarett.com/hiddensites
>>
>>73519624
There were also some messages that could only be viewed under a green 'lens,' so you had to stack the records on top of each other and view them that way.
p. cool. too bad the music was shit.
>>
>>73518670
/Thread
>>
File: Monson and Tront.gif (1MB, 261x291px) Image search: [Google]
Monson and Tront.gif
1MB, 261x291px
>>73518670

you're welcome.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.