[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I listened to To Be Kind and thought it was really good, listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: SwansBand2.jpg (342KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342KB, 980x980px
I listened to To Be Kind and thought it was really good, listening to The Seer right now and I'm not that into it.

Should I retry The Seer at some point?
Will I like Soundtracks for the Blind?
>>
>>73515491
Soundtracks for the blind is the pinnacle of Swan's career and it's legitimately one of the greatest artistic achievements of mankind.

Saying that it's amazing is underestimating it
>>
I'll also mention that out of the half-hour tracks on each album, To Be Kind's one was far better imo. I felt like it had been half an hour six minutes in.

Oh shit, I just got that jarring change in A Piece of The Sky about ten minutes into it.
>>
>>73515574
I think The Seer is better than To Be Kind, but both of them are fantastic so if you prefer To Be Kind that's completely acceptable
>>
>>73515599
Maybe The Seer will grow on me. I can see it happening. This is my second Swans album, and they're far and away the longest albums I've ever listened to. I'm still not used to it. The Seer feels muddier to me, feels longer than To Be Kind even though it isn't.
>>
File: Somnium.jpg (39KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
Somnium.jpg
39KB, 500x507px
>>73515711
> the longest albums I've ever listened to

Feel free to listen to pic related some time in the future. its 7 hours long. you suppose to listen to it when you go to bed and have a sleepless night or something so it's not as hard to listen through all of it as it first seems
>>
>>73515491
SFTB is definitely their hardest album to get into. I loved To Be Kind on my first listen but it took me a few tries to enjoy Soundtracks. It's very rewarding when you do start enjoying it, though
>>
File: 1399702083643.jpg (804KB, 2437x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1399702083643.jpg
804KB, 2437x1448px
>>73515491
>>
I've noticed a lot of people saying you have to listen to The Seer before To Be Kind, can anybody tell me why?
>>
Listen to Filth. It's their best
>>
>>73516173
You don't have to. listen to it in any order you want
>>
>>73516193
I know, but there must be a reason people say it.
>>
>>73516173
for me when the seer came out it completely changed my thought process on what music is . so maybe thats why ppl rec it. im still not heavily into To be kind tbqh.
but you can start out at any of them. don't forget the live albums gira released between all of them

tho children of god is my fav album of theirs besides swans are dead.
>>
>>73515491
The Seer's second disc is way, WAY better than the first. God tier shit. Also The Glowing Man is excellent, possibly my favorite of the trilogy, and you'll like it if you like To Be Kind.

Also Soundtracks for the Blind is very different and all over the place but>>73515514
is correct
>>
Am I the only one who literally cannot put any of the trilogy above or below the others? They're all perfectly equal to me.
>>
After finishing the album, I want to listen to it again and let it grow on me. I didn't like it as much as To Be Kind, but I definitely haven't written it off. I'll probably listen to The Glowing Man, then Soundtracks for the Blind.
>>
>>73516312
Listen to this song first, i think you'll like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIc-ZDmr05A
>>
>>73515491
>>73516312
I had to listen through The Seer in full four times before I could truly say that I understood it. It helps that I had an epiphany regarding the lyrics.
>>73515574
The title track was the first thing I learned how to enjoy before the album began sinking in. I listened to that song trilogy (The Wolf / The Seer / The Seer Returns) twice before bed every night until I loved every second of it, whereas previously I had only enjoyed sections of the song
>>
>>73516312
If you're determined to go through their whole discography, finish the trilogy, go to the beginning, and work your way up to Soundtracks. The perfect ending
>>
>>>>73515491

This

>Soundtracks for the blind is the pinnacle of Swan's career and it's legitimately one of the greatest artistic achievements of mankind.
>Saying that it's amazing is underestimating it

and

>>735160

Honestly I feel that My father... is a better album to listen after The Seer or To Be Kind. But when you feel really ready or have listened very other LP from them you should listen to Soundtracks For The Blind. SFTB is one of the greatest albums ever but I think it is a fusion of all of Swans best work, which I feel would make for a better album to listen to lastly. But that's just my opinion so you could follow up The Seer with SFTB.
>>
File: yvzmO7G.jpg (918KB, 3754x3394px) Image search: [Google]
yvzmO7G.jpg
918KB, 3754x3394px
>>73516050

Also does anyone have that picture of young Michael Gira standing next to some people, looking really depressed and holding like a carton of milk?
>>
>>73516271
i'm still not feeling glowing man, seems like it's missing some key ingredient i can't put my finger on. mg's vocals sound too tired or something
>>
>>73519432
nah. hes just in full mantra mode. if you're not into that shit. you will never get it.
try listening to the gate first and revisit it
>>
>>73519443
i'll check it out
>>
File: deli.jpg (1MB, 2356x2416px) Image search: [Google]
deli.jpg
1MB, 2356x2416px
>>73519432
you're missing an ingredient; one must be comfortable with bliss in order to appreciate that album, and you are not
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.