[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these guys shit on so hard for being the best metal band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: mastodon-band-lyrics.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mastodon-band-lyrics.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
Why are these guys shit on so hard for being the best metal band of the 21st century by far?
>>
Because of people like you who overrate them so much
>>
>>73510094
That is more of an indicator of their success than anything. The only people who started to hate them are the elitists who think a band is not allowed to change their sound.
>>
>>73510067
Saw them at Download Festival this year

Maybe it was the wind, but they sounded like shit
>>
>>73510182
>elitist meme
Fuck off retard. I've only heard them get shit recently because their last couple of albums haven't been that good.
>>
File: eternal-champion.jpg (39KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
eternal-champion.jpg
39KB, 600x338px
>implying pic related isn't the best post-2000 metal band
>>
The hunter and the album after that were really disappointing. Their new album was nice but I'm honestly burnt out on metal as a genre.
>>
I felt hunter and once more round the sun had decent songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOE707_f8rQ
>>
Best song on the catalogue right here.
Come at me bitches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7gQUbyhjY
>>
Mastodon are a great, once in a generation kind of band. Fuckbois are a dime a dozen and there's an abundance of these little hoes on /mu/. Mastodon have been getting their due respect virtually everywhere else, who cares if they catch shit here?
>>
>>73510067
The trouble with this group is the following they have gained. Over the years they have put out mediocre record after mediocre record, but each has been more accessible to a wider range of fans. They aren't targeting people that like metal, they are going for a wider audience. In this regard, they could be seen as being a successful group, but by no means a good group. They literally could churn out anything and still maintain they braindead cult following of people that barely listen to their records once.
Not to mention that their music is a bit half-baked and seemingly lazy, focussing on a gimmick or a theme more than actually creating a good sound within the genre they are barely a part of.

I mean when you know groups of hipsters that beg you to put on the new mastodon record in the car, my cringe meter reaches maximum.

The group has bugged me for nearly 10 years now. I wouldn't even go as far to say that I listen to very much metal music.
>>
>>73511810
>targeting
>going for a wider audience
>half-baked and seemingly lazy
>half-baked and seemingly lazy
>The group has bugged me for nearly 10 years now

Please goto bed Lars you little faggot
>>
>>73511810
Nice b8 pindick
>>
>>73511652
INTO THE VALE BENEATH THE AUTUMN RIDGES FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS
>>
because they don't make metal anymore
>>
>>73511744
Good choice anon. I don't think anyone would fight you about it
>>
Mediocre hipster atmo-sludge assclowns turned legit awful radio metal.

They're not the best anything.
>>
they're post-grunge mixed with post-nu metal
>>
Most people don't like them simply because of their following, and if you judge a band by their following/popularity, you're a fucking faggot.

But I still don't think they're that great.
>>
File: 2017-06-22-11-02-50--136626404.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22-11-02-50--136626404.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>implying this band isnt the most GOAT band post-2000
>>
>>73511531
Absolutely worst live band I have ever seen.
>>
I got called a racist for having a Burzum shirt at a Mastodon concert. This is why I don't take this band or their fans seriously anymore. I still think Iron Tusk is a great track though.
>>
>>73511945
EVER THE RIDERRRR
EVER THE FOEEEE
THE NAME OF KANE FOREVER KNOWWWWWN

BY SPELL
OR BY STEEEEEEEEL
THE BRAZEN FALL
>>
They're a mediocre buttrock band, not a good metal band.

Baroness does what they do 10x better.
>>
>>73510067
>best metal band of the 21st century by far?
what is stargazer
>>
>>73510067

Their fanbase makes me feel ashamed that I own a few of their albums.
>>
Blood Mountain is the best metal album of the century, Once More Round the Sun and Emperor of Sand are their only bad albums and they are not even really bad, just average.
>>
Leviathan ("hurr two demo tapes in 98" fuck you)
Celeste
Gridlink
Anaal Nathrakh ("aurrr two demos in 99" eat shit)
Lifelover
Diapsiquir ("durr demo tape in 99" fuck off)
Revenge
The Body
Trap Them

actually, just trying to think and find stuff there hasn't been many just metal bands that have been putting out a bunch of albums during the 00's that I've loved. Mastodon still sucks ass though.
>>
>>73511668
>I'm honestly burnt out on metal as a genre.
How come?
>>
>>73511607
this is the proper response, Mastodon have been on a steady decline since the Hunter into shitdom.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.