[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard people say that this album is aotd and the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-06-21-00-27-14-.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-21-00-27-14-.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
I've heard people say that this album is aotd and the best in it's genre but it hasn't rlly clicked with me, can someone explain to me why people think this?
>>
>>73486420
it's garbage, only woke people will realize this.
>>
Keep listening my Friend.
>>
listen to it like you would listen to loveless. alone with headphones at night while youre in a melancholy mood. walks also help. it is the aotd.
>>
>>73486529
only people trying to look like contrarians believe this
>>
>>73486420
it's Frank Ocean's worst release by a long shot, don't worry
>>
I feel the same way anon. I've listened to it 4 times and every time i expected to see what was so good about it but I guess it's just massively overrated
>>
>>73486420
listen some more
it was an album that didn't click at first but kept drawing me back in
>>
>>73486594
So I don't have to read the lyrics? Ok sweet.
>>
>>73486420
I don't know if this album really needs to click. I listened to it expecting it to be shitty pop music, but I was actually unexpectedly blown away.
>>
>>73486420
It didn't really clicked with me the first listen neither. As sugested above, keep listening and try to get in the mood. Rainy days will fit.

In the worst scenario you will think that is a decent album at least
>>
>>73486611
Nostalgia Ultra is Frank's best work? I really liked Blonde but I´m clueless about whether I should continue with NU or CO. Some sugestions?
>>
>>73486420
honestly? the atmosphere and instrumentation do it most. a lot of the instrumentals are basically approaching ambient and are done really well so they create a very spacious mood. its pretty texture based unlike than frank's first album and the artistic vision is a lot better executed imo. (also this album sounds similar to Kid A and has collaborations & samples from /mu/core dudes like jonny greenwood, elliot smith, brian eno, etc. so it could just really appeal to /mu/tants)
>>
>>73486743
I think Nostalgia Ultra is his best but Channel Orange has a stronger case for most people and you should probably start there
>>
>>73486756
i'll give it another listen I guess, but the vocals keep bugging me, it's getting in the way of the instrumentals.
>>
>>73486876
it might just not be for you OP. you don't have to like everything.

maybe one day a couple years down the line it will just click but the anons in thread have done a good job of explaining why they love it. the lyrics are great personally other than the "dream of a dream of a thought" pretentious bit, so try reading along?
>>
look up the vocals pitched down on youtube it sound a lot better than the original
>>
this is my favourite album
>>
>>73487343
me too whats your favorite song?

can we hijack this and have a blonde thread?
>>
Self Control and Ivy are really great tracks
>>
honestly if you didn't like it after the first few listens you never will. there really are no other artists comparable to Frank Ocean right now. he is without the restriction of a label and collaborates with one of the best producers in the scene.
>>
read the lyrics try to relate and if you cant the album wont have much of a impact on you but if you can relate it will grow on you with each listen :)
>>
>>73487452
^
>>
>>73486420
Well frank had a really strong voice and decided not to fucking use it, save for a few moments here and there. The album was too low key to really be memorable.
>>
Like everyone else said, this album takes multiple listens to fully understand. It's a lot to process and you have to be in a certain mood to feel the album in all of it's glory.

I always get insane chills at the end of Godspeed. It feels like some sort of cult-ish gospel group is serenading me and like i'm enter another level of consciousness or something, it's really weird. It doesn't even feel real
>>
i made a thread about frank go talk in it :)
>73487567
>>
>>73487661
whoops
>>73487567
>>
this album got me into frank ocean
>>
>>73486420
aotd is saying alot but imo u just gotta keep listening. i no that is shit advice but trust, the second the album clicks ull no it. maybe put it back for a lil bit and then pick it up as >>73486594 said.
>>
>>73486420
>can someone explain to me why people think this?
memes. I actually like it but it's nothing special
>>
File: frank teeth.gif (785KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
frank teeth.gif
785KB, 500x244px
frank ocean is the best contemporary artist right now

Also, I will play Strawberry Swing on loop in 2030.
>>
File: Process_-_Sampha_album.jpg (211KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Process_-_Sampha_album.jpg
211KB, 400x400px
>>73486420
It's overrated shit, Endless was much better but no one on this board listened to it.

>>73487419
>there really are no other artists comparable to Frank Ocean right now.
Sampha is better.

>collaborates with one of the best producers in the scene

This doesn't make a good artist.
>>
>>73489340
holy shit kys. sampha was boring uninspired r&b thats been done thousands of times before. his shitty voice doesn't help either.
>>
>>73489340
>sampha
>le generic singing black man
haha ok kid
>>
>>73489358
>>73489360
Can guarantee neither of you faggots have even heard the album before. Hop off of Frank's dick, Blond was bad and he's already been outdone.

>le generic singing black man

You just described Frank.
>>
>>73486420
It's just the redddit cross over crowd. This piece of shit is so overrated

Bieber actually did this style already a few years ago and it shits all over frank ocean. Frank ocean fans are delusional
>>
>>73489507
>Bieber actually did this style already a few years ago and it shits all over frank ocean

cringe
>>
>>73489531
Ironic coming from a frank ocean fan. Don't you even realize they're in the same field? Lmao
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP-DQK8YIzM

Justin Bieber did what frank ocean did on blonde years ago and better

Only unbelievers will deny this undeniable fact

Frank ocean is just boy band music for grown men
>>
>>73489561
>Frank ocean is just boy band music for grown men
I'm sorry but that title is already taken by Weezer
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzSHLmChfg

Bieber did it better than frank

Bieber is best pop singer
>>
>>73489593
only rockists will disagree
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFP9AjWpNi4

I actually feel bad for Bieber because he developed this style and frank ocean stole it

Fuck frank ocean. If you're gonna listen to boy band music listen to the best to ever do it, bieber
>>
Www.youtube.com/watch?v=gotEw1JrByY

This song literally sounds like it was from blonde

Frank is such a hack. Bieber is the light and frank is nothing
>>
i like frank and these post make me anger

>>>>>>>>>despite our histoREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8t0QcGImk

Bieber shots all over frank ocean. Did it better 4 years ago

Fuck frank ocean where my believers at
>>
>>73489561
>>73489593
>>73489623
>>73489645
>>73489678
I can't even lie these do sound like blonde
>>
>>73489705
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIM9c48cSM

Because frank is a hack who stole his style from justin. This is an undeniable fact
>>
>>73489561
>>73489593
>>73489623
>>73489645
>>73489678
>>73489719
Frank btfo
>>
>>73489340
WITH THIS APPLE APPLIANCE...
>>
The reason lots of you don't like Frank is because he's not a pop artist. After Channel Orange he stopped being one. Hell, even his albums before Blond you could see he was trying to make something different. Like seriously, sampling shitty rock songs, making them yours and actually making something better? That's talent right there
>>
>>73489507
>>73489561
>>73489593
>>73489610
>>73489623
>>73489645
>>73489678
>>73489705
>>73489719
>>73489755
> calls other people reddit crossover crowd
>admits to liking Justin Bieber

kys samefag. Even reddit probably knows Bieber is garbage
>>
>>73489829
Bieber and frank ocean make the same kind of music bro

Don't be ashamed you like boy band music. I love bieber

>>73489825
His sound on blonde was stolen from the biggest pop star on planet earth. You don't have a clue what you're thinking about
>>
>>73489859

Jesus christ how many times have you said Bieber and boy band.
OA
>>
>>73489912
Hater spotted

Are you mad that based bieber literally defined your fav artist frank oceans whole career?

Lmao must suck being in denial
>>
>>73487630
I think this is why it didnt clicked for me, its maybe too subtle and when Franks voice shine its just for a moment.

I cant get into the high pitched voice like in Nikes, what was Frank idea?
>>
https://youtu.be/F5WWyyYG018

Maybe this will help you get the atmosphere, hope it does, it truly is AOTY
>>
>>73486774
Nostalgia Ultra better than CO and Blonde? Literal shit taste
>>
>>73487363
Self Control is my favorite. Followed by Nights and Solo
>>
Dreaming a thought that could dream about a thought
That could think of the dreamer that thought
That could think of dreaming and getting a glimmer of God
I be dreaming a dream in a thought
That could dream about a thought
That could think about dreaming a dream
Where I can not, where I can not
Less morose and more present
Dwell on my gifts for a second
A moment one solar flare would consume, so I nod
Spin this flammable paper on the film's that my life
High flights, inhale the vapor, exhale once and think twice
Eat some shrooms, maybe have a good cry, about you
See some colors, light hangglide off the moon
DAMN
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.