[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

T-This is my favorite Cohen Album ok? So don't tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Songs_from_a_room.jpg (12KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
Songs_from_a_room.jpg
12KB, 301x300px
T-This is my favorite Cohen Album ok?

So don't tell me i'm wrong thank you.
>>
>>73481146
Any of his first four are pretty reasonable choices
>>
*tells you you're wrong*
>>
lyrically, his best.
>>
Who gives a shit? Why did you make this thread? Your goal clearly was not to start a conversation, because you specifically asked for people not to challenge you. Did you really think your opinion is so unique and so interesting that we just had to hear it?
>>
i'm with the guy above me
>>
>>73481761
Aww, did you miss your nap today cross patch?
>>
>>73481350
>death of ladies man isn't the best

fag alert
>>
>>73481984
dank trollin, but minimal production cohen is best cohen. Death of a Ladies man isn't as bad as everyone says it is, Iodine is a great song, and don't go home with your hard on is pretty stupid. I don't really remember the rest of it that well.
>>
>>73482130
>but minimal production cohen is best cohen

go listen to buckley's kid you pleb
>>
I'm man enough to admit that Buckley's kid's version of Hallelujah is better than LC's.
But neither are as good as Cale's
>>
>>73481761
I wanted you to discuss Cohen
>>
>>73482240
>being this cucked

you're a regular coffeeshop troubadour
>>
>>73482522
Tacky overproduction isn't his strength, I don't make the rules buddy.
>>
yeah you're wrong. it's got some of his best songs on it, but as an album just gets shredded by his first and third.
>>
>>73482702
it's not about the overproduction, the arrangements on LC's version btfo Buckley, even though I do love that edition as well
>>
>>73481146
From what I heard, Songs of Leonard Cohen > Songs of Love and Hate > Songs from a Room
>>
>>73482240

>But neither are as good as Cale's

My man has some solid taste. Here, have a link to the single greatest rendition of the song ever put to tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNdncBTc-Q
>>
File: Various Positions.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Various Positions.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>The Captain
>The Law
>If It Be Your Will
>Heart with No Companion

This is his most misunderstood and underappreciated album. It's also his funniest.
>>
>>73481146
The only issue with this album is that fucking retarded sounding Jews Harp on several songs. I have no clue why he thought that sounded good.

"hey you know what this understated yet devastating, solitary album really needs? some dumbass archaic metal thing going BOING BOING BOING BOING"
>>
>>73485947
I like it. It gives it sort of this isolated, backwater sound.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.