[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Radiohead? I really like Idioteque, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: radiohead.jpg (73KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
73KB, 945x591px
How do I get into Radiohead? I really like Idioteque, but that's about it.
>>
listen to Kid A
>>
>>73479462
Now listen to the other 9 songs on that album dumbass
>>
Listen to Kid A and OK Computer. If you like the rock stuff from OKC a lot more, listen to the Bends. If you like the electronic stuff from Kid A a lot more, listen to Amnesiac. If you want something in between, listen to In Rainbows. After that, order shouldn't matter too much. Probably don't listen to Pablo Honey until you're done with everything else though.
>>
Just listen to In Rainbows man, there are a couple of bangers on there and it's a really solid and quite accesible album as a whole
>>
>>73479593
I'll try In Rainbows. I just need to find download links. I downloaded a bunch of their albums before, but everything was sorted incorrectly.

>>73479514
>>73479515
>>73479547
I tried listening to the rest of Kid A and I wasn't too into it.
>>
>>73479828
It's a grower,but In rainbows is a very easy and fun listen
>>
In Rainbows is alright so far.
>>
>>73480459
If you don't like IR I don't see how you could get into the rest of their discography. IR is one of their best because it perfectly demonstrates what makes them so great overall: a near-perfect and incredibly accessible blend of experimentation and fantastic pop songwriting.
>>
>>73480561
I don't think I liked Bodysnatchers, but I think I'm really liking everything else so far.
You know you gotta listen to an album at least 4 times before you know if you really like it or not since this is gonna take a while.
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi is strangely nostalgic, I might love this.
> fantastic pop songwriting.
I'm sure.
>>
>>73480703
What genres are you generally into? Or who are some of your favorite bands?
>>
I got you OP

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8
>>
I would go:
In Rainbows -> Kid A -> OK Computer -> The Bends -> Amnesiac -> Hail To The Thief -> The King of Limbs -> Pablo Honey (optional)
>>
>>73480975
I forgot about A Moon Shaped Pool, that would be before TKOL
>>
>>73481025
Assuming you mean the order a new listener should follow, I'd put AMSP a lot higher personally, maybe after The Bends. Not making any statements on quality, I just think it's one of their more accessible albums.
>>
>>73480975
I would do IR/The Bends -> OK Computer -> Hail To The Thief -> Kid A -> Amnesiac -> The King of Limbs
>>
>>73480761
I used to be heavily into rock and electronic, but I'm mostly into pop and hip-hop now.
As for artists I like: Gorillaz, MGMT, Kanye, Young Thug, The Beatles, Billy Joel, Kate Bush, Lady Gaga, Mac DeMarco, Marina & The Diamonds, Tyler the Creator, YG, Tatsuro Yamashita.

I think that's a good summation.
>>
>>73480930
I remember when this shit came out. They always played the video on VH1 in the morning.
I meant to look more into it but completely forgot.
>>
hey
>>
I am not sure what order to suggest, but I would definitely suggest that you listen to a few of the top albums several times in a row. A lot of their music is not readily digestible on the first listen. Probably Ok Computer and In Rainbows would be good starts.
>>
>>73479462
Listen in order of: Ok Computer, In Rainbows, Kid A, The Bends. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>73479828
yes in rainbows is the best start. Depending on your tastes go either backwards or forwards in their discography.
>>
>>73479462
listen to in rainbows first its the nicest most accessible record they have imo even against pablo honey only because pablo honey is so shit it will turn you off for good
>>
why are there so many posts about getting into radiohead lately on /mu/?
>>
>>73481141
Sorry anon but you're so plebby it hurts.
>>
>>73486951
Memethony Memetano uploaded a Radiohead Worst To Best video
>>
>>73481065
this
I listened to OKC or Kid A a couple of times
they didnt click me that and I didnt feel those albums or wanted to come back to them
however,AMSP is much more accesible and most likely the only one that without being a Radiohead hardcore fan,has clicked me so far...not quite an essential though
>>
>>73487216
jesus christ how is Kid A inaccessible people

even the "weirdest" songs (kid a, in limbo) are catchy as fuck

I don't get it
>>
File: 1478569092434.jpg (57KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478569092434.jpg
57KB, 600x800px
>""""get"""" into Radiohead

Radiohead is a fucking pop band. They are not inaccessible or challenging, jesus fucking christ. JUST LISTEN TO THEM
>>
>>73479462
Listen to a moon shaped pool, even some of the react kids liked it.
>>
>>73487259
plebs, when will they ever learn?
>>
>>73479462
If you have to muster an effort to enjoy some music, then that music isnt for you and you're a pretentious faggot.

>how do i get into this band, guise?

You either like it or you don't. Fuck off you little bitch.
>>
>>73479462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLyCNDhLCG0&t=917s
>>
>>73487670
Imagine this band in 89ish?!
>>
>>73487689
Bands like this again.

No agenda, just musicians.
>>
>>73487700
Then I cone a long & Napoleon all apar6t your shit.
>>
>>73487700
Not like...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5VkMqM07s

So deep.

Living Colour was a super group, i.e Cory Glover.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.