[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or this album actually pretty unique and stands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: fever.jpg (377KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
fever.jpg
377KB, 650x650px
Is it just me or this album actually pretty unique and stands out among the other pop-punk music from the 2000's?
This is album really good. Like actually good. I'd maybe even go as high as 8.5/10. None of the songs are bad, they're all consistently fun, distinct from eachother and memorable.
Am I just a pleb?
>>
I'm going to chime in here...

WITH A "HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR"
>>
I think you are at phase 3 with this album. Phase 1 is listening to it as a teenager, 2 is dismissing it when you are too good for it, 3 is coming back to it and attributing it all sorts of qualities it doesn't really possess that well, and 4 is finally realizing it's just okay.

Song titles are obnoxious, lyrics are memorable but sort of cringe, cabaret influenced stuff its tacky. It gets points for using catchy synth lines and being consistently alright but really not much better than its contemporaries.

t. fellow fever listener, after 50 listens.
>>
>>73479598
this is a very good analysis. I agree completely with me being at phase 3
>>
>>73479598
Nah man, there is no Phase 4. Unless Phase 5 is realizing that this album was an absolute high-point for any sounds/bands related to them at the time, and deserves good praise.
>>
>>73478602
I like how there's a concept where the first half is edm influenced then switches to cabaret after the intermission. Also they were like fucking 17 when they made this
>>
>>73479942
Enjoy it while it lasts my dude.

I've actually been on a mood lately, very inclusive of this type of mid00s albums, and HECK is it enjoyable, but they really only thrive through nostalgia (even if you didn't listen to them back at their time).

>>73480020
I wish but speaking strictly for myself I can't get over the tackiness that permeates it (the dadaist cover, the music videos, the constrained song titles, etc).
>>
>>73478602
i find the next album much better.
>>
>>73479598
Wow this is crazy accurate
I was 15 in 2005 so I was right in the thick of it
There was actually a pre-phase one phase for me where I hated this kind of music as a young teenager before admitting I liked it.
>>
>>73481043
Dude are you me. I abhored panic at the Disco at first before giving in and saying that yes I love it. It's a great pop album even with the tackiness.
>>
The guitar on london beckons... Killlllls me. So good.
>>
>>73481098
I was already into that music by the time Panic! came around
For me I hated My Chem when I was 13 but my friend gave me a copy of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge and told me to listen to it. At first I was like I'm not going to listen to this trash but a year or so later I cracked and listened to it and pretty much transformed into an emo kid over night
>>
For me its the definition of a guilty pleasure.

Tacky, cheesy, pretentious as all hell, but fuck, its got quality songwriting and I enjoy singing along to it a fuckload.
>>
>>73481043
>>73481098
Yeah lol I'm the guy who wrote the phase post and the same happened to me. I secretly loved all this "emo shit" as a teen, but in public "I didn't know about them". I was so aware of these being teen bands that I consciously didn't want to fall in the stereotype.
>>
Pretty Odd is better
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.