[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this as bad as everybody says it is? I don't think I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: floyd_1370863399.jpg (199KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
floyd_1370863399.jpg
199KB, 1000x1000px
Is this as bad as everybody says it is? I don't think I've ever actually heard a track off it.
>>
>non-syd floyd

lmao
>>
>>73466658
syd hipsters are nu males
>>
Absolutely fantastic album, but it depends on what you like from pink floyd, if you like the wall then this makes sense since it is just the wall with the fat trimmed off it. It's not long so just give it a listen and come back.
>>
>>73466688
>muh concept album
>muh theme
>muh theatrics

reddit is that way
>>
>>73466781
>reddit is that way

says the guy arguing in a pink floyd thread lmao
>>
BBOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG
>>
>>73466631
it's my favorite floyd album myself
>>
its alright. I really actually like the part in The Gunners Dream where his voice turns into a sax solo. Much of the rest of the album feels like a more focused version of the wall, lyrically. But not as interesting sonically. There are too many hamfisted sound effects and gimicky "mood setters" that feel a bit old hat for floyd by that time. Not Now John is alright too but feels almost like a parody of rogers era floyd
>>
>>73466631
The album that proves Gilmour is more important than Waters. Sure Waters came up with great concepts and was a superior lyricist. But Gilmour had the more interesting musical ideas and Waters was pretty much running dry by this point.
>>
>>73466688

High IQ music is never for nu males you dip
>>
There's some top-tier Rog screams on this album

HIS DREAM
IS DRIVING ME
INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE
>>
>>73467052
This. Pink Floyd were never all that impressive lyrically anyway save for perhaps some of the stuff on WYWH and that really only hits home because of how genuine it all was.

The Division Bell and The Final Cut are both mediocre compared to everything they did through the 60s and 70s but at leat The Division Bell has some solid music. The Final Cut truly feels like mediocre leftovers from The Wall both musically and lyrically.
>>
The Final Cut is one of their more emotional songs, 2bh. Doesn't have the mask of politics or strangeness.
>>
It's not "bad", but it's not that good.

If I could rename The Final Cut, I'd name it Roger pls
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.