[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: moments on albums where the artist fucks up >when Mark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1104.jpg (31KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1104.jpg
31KB, 220x214px
ITT: moments on albums where the artist fucks up
>when Mark almost comes in on the vocals on Medicine Bottle but catches himself and just does a weird gasp for air
>>
Wasn't DCH just a collection of demos remixed and edited until they sounded like a proper professional studio album?
Not that surprising that there'd be fuckups on it.
>>
File: aladdin sane.jpg (289KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
aladdin sane.jpg
289KB, 1500x1500px
on Jean Genie when Mick starts playing the chorus a tad bit early and Bowie says "get back one"

it almost sounds intended
>>
>>73457830
Yes; all of the songs on DCH are from a demo session. You can actually hear the (incredibly) lo-fi versions of them on "Early Demos"
>>
File: happiness.png (47KB, 650x773px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.png
47KB, 650x773px
>during Strawberry Hill when Mark is supposed to say "It's our duty" but only gets out "It's ou-" cause he is overwhelmed with emotion cause he didn't expect the background singers
>>
>>73457792
I sort of like that though. It makes the song feel a bit more raw, like it's hard for him to organize himself in order to sing it.
>>
>>73457792
When exactly is that?
>>
>>73459207
is there an interview or something where he says that?
>>
>>73459449
He's definitely projecting his own feelings onto Mark's performance. 10/10 song, though.
>>
>>73459488
ah, agreed
>>
Here and Nowhere Else has a lot of fuckups throughout it on all instruments. They intentionally left them in to make the album feel more authentic. It worked imo. Live recording is always the best way to go. Fuck ups and all.
>>
>>73459542
>>73459449
He mentions it in the lyric book he put out called Nights of Passed Over. He talks about how Rollercoaster is the hardest to listen to cause of 9 months of worry but he remembers how he didn't expect the singers to come in as he was in the vocal booth and the singers came in behind him, unexpectedly.

He also said the piano line in Things Mean A lot was he best musical moment

they were all random people from the street
>>
File: 01e.jpg (13KB, 340x290px) Image search: [Google]
01e.jpg
13KB, 340x290px
>when ringo says I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS on helter skelter
>>
>>73459661
I remember reading all of that except him saying he was surprised by the backup vocals.

Cool.
>>
How did Kozelek manage to turn a fucking Kiss song into an introspective, vulnerable masterpiece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixwyr4NSHLI
>>
>>73457792
well all the tracks are demos, so of course its gonna have rough edges
>>
I WANT TO TALK ABOUT BLINDFOLD.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.