[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>poor lyricist >poor vocalist >generic songwriter >1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: retarded pepe is going to cry.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
retarded pepe is going to cry.png
59KB, 658x662px
>poor lyricist
>poor vocalist
>generic songwriter
>1 octave vocal range
>tone deaf
>lung capacity of a 3 year old
>can only play twinkle twinkle little star on piano
>can only play smoke on the water on guitar, very poorly
>no rhythm at all
>practice 24/7 for years with little to no improvement
should I just give up?
>>
Heavily use autotune
>>
>>73457530
>practice 24/7 for years with little to no improvement

man i don't believe that you really practiced that much and can't play more than that. get a teacher.
>>
>should I just give up?

McDonalds still does hire
>>
>Doing it for the fame
>not doing it for fun or out of duty
kys
>>
>>73457810
It's not fun if you can't do anything without fucking up massively.
>>
>>73457810

nigga gotta eat
>>
You haven't practiced. You don't want to be good at those things, if you really did you would be good.

You don't want to achieve success, you just think it would be nice. Like those people who make new years resolutions to lose weight. If they cared their ambition would override their laziness.
>>
File: grundloss.jpg (6KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
grundloss.jpg
6KB, 190x190px
>>73457810
>implying anybody actually pursues music a career out of """duty"""
>implying anybody has any motivation for pursuing music besides a comfortable, validated life and easy access to sloots
>>
>>73457889
The feeling of accomplishing something you care about. The feeling of being good at something that you've always admired.

I didn't like guitar at first because it was hard. Over time I could feel my brain matter getting more dense and the strings stopped feeling awkward between my fingers, it began to feel like I was weaving silky webs of beautiful music between my fingers. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world. Most are too lazy to accomplish something that requires focus and discipline.
>>
>>73457530
Don't stress over it. Just keep trying things here and there until something seems to come to you a little better. If that fails, just fucking force yourself to get good at guitar.
>>
>>73457859
this

realise that you have a ticker at the back of your brain telling you whether you are at the bottom of the human dominance hierarchy or not. If you truly were at the bottom, you would be motivated to succeed in music. Or alternatively you could be at the bottom but don't truly see success in the field of music, and are just jealous of the success of other musicians for the fact that they are successful, not because they are successful in music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwJduAVFY8
>>
>>73457939
so you're saying that people who are motivated to get good at music are motivated because they are at the bottom of society?
>>
>>73457926
>doing something you care about

that begs the question as to why you care about it? we're getting into kantian deontology vs. aristotelian virtue ethics territory here
>>
>>73457985
Why does anyone do anything.

Fulfillment. Self actualization. A feeling of making progress towards the ideal person I visualize myself to be in my head.
>>
>>73457530
no, these guys were just like you describe yourself and they made one of the best emo albums ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr6Xtbs0c7c
>>
>>73458087
finally something we agree on.

but you'd also agree that you want to be that person you visualize in your head because of the benefits that life would bring, right?
>>
>>73457889
>implying success can be entirely artificially generated
>implying even the most disgusting of sell outs don't try hard
>implying that music isn't a trade
>implying that skill isn't derivative of effort

somebody never played past grade 3 in any instrument in their life.
>>
>>73457889
Honestly learning and playing your favorite song in front of a crowd is one of the best thing to ever do in your life.

Sadly a /mu/tant permavirgin like you who only pretend to like music will never understand.
>>
File: jeffmangum.jpg (494KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
jeffmangum.jpg
494KB, 600x496px
>>73457530
Is that you, Jeff?
>>
>>73457732
Yeah you should at least be good/mediorce by now.
>>
>>73458175
>implying even the most disgusting of sell outs don't try hard
I agree with your other points for the most part, but
>Oasis
>>
>>73458175
jokes on you, made it to grade 8

>>73458179
jokes on you, not a permavirgin
>implying playing your favourite song in front of a crowd isn't part of that comfortable life I mentioned

you can whip out the "muh he thinks this so he must be an untalented saddo" argument becuase you're in denial all you like, but you're just not thinking clearly enough. you pursue a music career because you see the benefits of it.
>>
>>73458311
you say that like it's a fucking bad thing

you just seem angry that never seriously tried becoming good at making real music so you're trying to make everyone who did feel bad about them selves for arbitrary reasons
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-10-02-11-23.png (186KB, 658x387px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-10-02-11-23.png
186KB, 658x387px
>>73457889
The more and more I look at this post I get disgusted.

It's clear that you don't enjoy music. Is it hard to understand that some people make music not for petty materialistic shits that can be easily achieved by any means other than music? If you want money and girls get a degree and a real job. Don't you fucking know how easy it is for musicians to become penniless hobos overnight? You probably think it's bad for people to download music instead of buying albums.
>>
>>73458311
Shit head, I don't pursue a career in music. It'd be nice if I could make a living out of playing at arenas and stadiums, but I play music for other people because they like it and I have good time doing it.

Just like >>73457859 said, you don't really like music, you just admire the rockstar life style only 1% achieve. Even then, that's all in your mind, not how they got there, or why they make music.
>>
>>73458359
I've literally been making music for years, and am just about to release an EP on fucking vinyl. if you're going to try to make assumptions at least be somewhat good at it

>I think it's a bad thing
no I don't, I think it's a good thing. what's wrong with a comfortable life? I just don't believe in deluding yourself into thinking you're pursuing a career out of "duty" when it's so obvious that every action we take is based on a conceivable, beneficial consequence
>>
>>73458527
Post some of your music. I don't believe you.
>>
File: KW-Schmoke.jpg (13KB, 387x337px) Image search: [Google]
KW-Schmoke.jpg
13KB, 387x337px
>>73457530
if you are black and into ape hop you will be considered better than beethoven+dylan combined
>>
I'm sorry OP but it's just not possible to make it in this industry unless you're recognized by somebody who has a lot of money or is already famous.
>>
>>73458527
Operation Ivy broke up a day after their first album was released because they felt they were getting too big.
>>
>>73458482
>>73458401
>>73458359

>shit head
>disgusted
>you never made real music
>permavirgin

sounds like I struck a cord here? you lot are resorting to emotional arguments and name-calling cos that's all you've got left.

>>73458615
good for them, clearly fame isn't the life they want. it's not a fame thing, it's a comfortable life thing. Nowhere have I denied that making music in itself is pleasurable. But pursuing a career out of it? that's a whole different ballpark. "easy access to sloots" was hyperbole - but the point remains that you choose to *pursue a career in music* because you can conceive of a life from which you can derive further pleasure than just making music alone. Operation Ivy clearly didn't see an extensively fame-oriented career giving them that pleasure
>>
>>73458783
you sound increasingly more butthurt every time you post
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.