[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music is meaningless noise and a complete waste of time. No one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 3G52ctwpwF-12.png (46KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
3G52ctwpwF-12.png
46KB, 300x250px
Music is meaningless noise and a complete waste of time. No one should ever listen to it.
>>
Just try and refute that. Oh yeah, you can't. Foolish humans, you should all be thrown into a volcano.
>>
Everyone stop listening to music right now. You're holding humanity back.
>>
stop ignoring me you cunts.
>>
oh right i can't do anything else while i'm listening to music
>>
your mom is meangilies noise LOLE
>>
>>73450778
you don't need it though. And people waste their lives making it.
>>
>>73450801
and besides, there's already a shitton of it. At least only listen to old music so you don't encourage people.
>>
>>73450801
everything is a waste of time.
>>
>>73450824
no, we have to advance humanity.
>>
>>73450842
it doesn't take the whole population to do that. also, people won't want to advance humanity if we abandon the arts.
>>
>>73450842
also no we don't.
>>
File: stirner.gif (10KB, 279x305px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
10KB, 279x305px
Get all these ghosts out of my sight.
>>
>>73450842
Fuck humanity.
>>
>>73450863
I don't think we should abandon all art, just music. It has no intellectual content.
>>
>>73450897
just as much as paint, sculpture, or poetry.
>>
>>73450929
well I don't like those either, so we should really only make films and literature.
>>
>>73450966
that would be really boring, and not encourage advancement of humanities.

but are you seriously trying to argue "i don't like these things, so they're pointless" come on dude
>>
>>73450994
No, they just have very little intellectual content, so they're an inefficient use of our time. Anything that slows us down from reaching the Singularity should be stopped.
>>
>>73451006
>Anything that slows us down from reaching the Singularity should be stopped.
So, religion, my fellow athiest?
>>
>>73451313
Yes, including Singularitarianism
>>
>>73451313
religion isn't that bad. It just gives people a sense of community and meaning. It makes people happy, but it's not very helpful either.
>>73451326
It's helpful insofar as it convinces people to make choices that brings us closer to the Singularity.
>>
>>73451342
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michael_Mccullough2/publication/24001207_Religion_Self-Regulation_and_Self-Control_Associations_Explanations_and_Implications/links/00463525bc60172b69000000.pdf
>>
wtf I hate music now
>>
>>73451006
>singularity
Then stop browsing a fucking shitpost website and go learn code you fatass retard
>>
File: tumblr_mh81c1PKJW1qfrf7vo1_400.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh81c1PKJW1qfrf7vo1_400.gif
1MB, 260x146px
True
>>
>>73450330
What of all the neurological tests proving music can stimulate important parts of the brain? What about it's application in setting atmosphere? In my opinion it has the ability to give meaning to life by evoking emotion in what would otherwise be numb monotony.
It's part of evolution, as is fashion and other visual arts, they're advanced versions of what we see in the animal kingdom as calls and visual adaptions.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.