[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't use to visit this board so I was wondering if any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: a3388720048_10.jpg (291KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3388720048_10.jpg
291KB, 1200x1200px
I don't use to visit this board so I was wondering if any of you guys like Black Marble and if you can recommend me anything like it?
>>
>>73448246
yeah i love that band. but if you want similar stuff you should probably just look to the 80s bands they ripped their style from (aka the cure/new order/bauhaus)
>>
>>73448246
I only listened to the album because I thought the girl on the cover was the singer. I was dissapointed.

It was an alright album regardless.
>>
>>73448246
I really love the first track, but the rest of the album is pretty bland for me
>>
>>73448394
By first track you mean Interdiction or Iron Lung? And I get what you mean, but I like that distorted vibe, it's soothing and surreal for me.
>>
>>73448394
agreed, the noisy transition from interdiction to iron lung is great. the problem is the rest of the album feels really aimless.
shame too, cause the sound black marble has is going for is sort of like dreamy post-punk, and the only song that has that sound that is actually good is iron lung.
>>
File: 4L_YmV9FLth.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
4L_YmV9FLth.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>73448246
Gonna see him next week live
>pic related

Try these

> m!r!m (new album just out)
> the soft moon
> drab majesty (new album out a few months ago)
> blouse
>>
>>73448246
A Different Arrangement is their best effort, this album didn't do much for me
>>
really good music and super nice guys. Check out Asylum Party, Trust, The Soft Moon, (the dude above me mentioned Blouse which is a really fucking good band but nothing like Black Marble), they typically tour with You. and Police Des Mouers which are fairly similar. Cabaret Voltaire is close but more minimal and repetitive. Look up any bands in the late 70s to mid 80s that came out of the Polish darkwave scene.
>>
>>73448246
In addition to what's been said, Soft Kill, The Agnes Circle
>>
>>73448246
I thought the woman on the cover is the singer, turns out to be some dude singing in crappy compressed vocals. Sad.
>>
>>73448246
Kinda boring, feels like stuff that's been done 1000x before
>>
I almost liked this album but the way they produced it just killed it for me.

Lofi and hifi can coexist, but not like this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-dYkTb9wZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_v26Q6Ohtg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8rXJtSohiM
>>
>>73448246
>Black Marble
I like
I recommend Dinner
>>
>>73448246
Its just indie rock, there's lots of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.