[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is any of the Ramones' stuff outside of the most well-known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Is any of the Ramones' stuff outside of the most well-known 70s albums worth checking out?
>>
>>73441332
lol no
>>
Yes. Everything after the first 3 is uneven, but they had some great songs throughout their career. My favorite song ever is Bonzo Goes to Bitburg. End of the Century is them doing a big classic pop album, while Too Tough to Die is literally made to cater to 80s hardcore. My recommendation is to go through everything, listen for the great tracks, and don't get bogged down by the throwaways.
>>
End Of The Century, Pleasant Dreams and especially Too Tough To Die are essential.

Animal Boy, Subterranean Jungle, Brain Drain and Mondo Bizarro have their moments.

The rest of their post-70s albums always have at least a couple of genuinely fantastic songs, but are generally quite uneven and messy.

My favorite Ramones song is actually one that they did all the way in the 90s though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfIfzVf8t6E
>>
>>73441430
lol no
>>
>>73441519
Please go away. I find you unpleasant.
>>
>>73441560
lol no
>>
>>73441586
:(
>>
most "unpunk" punk band to ever exist
terrible retro pop
>>
>>73441655
You're dumb.
>>
too tough to die is the album they were trying to make all along. masterpiece desu.

>>73441517
>My favorite Ramones song is actually one that they did all the way in the 90s though.

always thought it was a shame they didn't make more of those sorts of introverted, gloomy songs desu. the most interesting moments in the later day ramones discography were those songs where they would let the desperation and cynicism and disillusionment out into the open.
>>
>>73441655
how can one of the two bands most responsible for punk happening in the first place(the other band being the stooges) be "unpunk"
>>
pleasant dreams is one of my favorite albums by them
>>
>>73442278
>how can an act most responsible for a movement happening not sound like that genre
Ask Venom.
>>
>>73442278
>ramones
>punk
>>
File: Ramones-Acid_Eaters-Frontal.jpg (316KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
Ramones-Acid_Eaters-Frontal.jpg
316KB, 953x953px
I always liked Acid Eaters. It's like a covers album of 60s tunes, if you're morbidly curious. I like it, but its definitely a little novel.
>>
ENDLESS VACATION
ENDLESS VACATION
>>
>>73442452
surf city is great but so is the original
>>
File: R-1151910-1452040570-1339.jpeg.jpg (148KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-1151910-1452040570-1339.jpeg.jpg
148KB, 600x600px
Yes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.