[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>22 , 23 in a few months >1st year learning electric guitar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Grog_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (138KB, 447x701px) Image search: [Google]
Grog_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
138KB, 447x701px
>22 , 23 in a few months
>1st year learning electric guitar
>cant afford a teacher so have to rely on youtube
>want to start a alternative band one day at least before i turn 25
How fucked am i bros?
>>
Don't give up anon

Leonard Cohen released his first album when he was 33
>>
not very. dave grohl.
>>
yah, just play a lot with other people, that's the best way to learn honesto
>>
bro i just turned 25 and have played guitar since i was 18

fuck you im gonna laugh when I release my P4KBNM at the age of 28 like the goats kevin shields or kurt "diiv" cobain
>>
Pick up Rocksmith 2014 edition

You can learn a lot of fundamentals to spring board off of from it
>>
not fucked at all.

you can learn quickly by learning other songs. a lot of teachers say not to look at tabs, but seriously just learn some of your favorite songs off ultimate guitar tabs to get acquainted with chord shapes and strumming patterns
>>
My best advice I would give you is try to join/start a band as soon as you can. Just find a group of beginner players and start something in your garage. That way you have motivation for getting better and as a result the whole band will grow together. Don't sweat it dude. I wouldn't say you're fucked at all.
>>
File: 1488630993828.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488630993828.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>73440164
I wont anon. But, i want to experience the young guitarist in a band life first if that makes sense
>>
>>73440233
Do those games really help? Ive been thinking about picking up some sort of rockband game but one that you could add your own songs. I want to try it with some friends to mess around drunk
>>
File: 1486188455850.jpg (54KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1486188455850.jpg
54KB, 550x366px
>>73440260
Yeah im looking up tabs but is there any app or program that you recommend buying ?
>>
>>73440412
Not sure about other games, but I've personally picked up bass through Rocksmith 2014 edition. Watching videos on technique on the side to help as well works. It has a ton of games that help improve your technique/scales/etc.

Its really fun and you can learn at a pretty fast pace if you practice some every day. You can pick rhythm, lead, or bass and the song selection is pretty large.

You can track stats online if you buy it, but the song packs add a lot of shit so I just pirated my copy. Be wary that you still need the dedicated Rocksmith usb cable to play.
>>
>>73440121
Just learn how to play the E chord and the A chord and their minor varients and how to play barre chords and then you'll be good enough to start a band. If you want to just play Punk then that's pretty much all you need to know.
>>
my advice is if your goal is to start a band, spend a lot of time focusing on songwriting (with any instrument, or even just by humming or writing things down) and not just practicing scales or performing.

also, learn the instrument you think would be the easiest and quickest for you to learn
>>
File: beetlejuice-face-transform.jpg (16KB, 450x303px) Image search: [Google]
beetlejuice-face-transform.jpg
16KB, 450x303px
>22
>guitar and piano since 10
>sing all middle school, high school, and college
>no band

914 here, north of NYC. If you are decent at whatever you do hmu
>>
>>73440121
You could always play bass
>>
File: 1493506080867.jpg (117KB, 700x562px) Image search: [Google]
1493506080867.jpg
117KB, 700x562px
>>73440776
Ok so i dont know if this is just me but i make up a lot of "beats" (for the lack of a better word) in my mind all the time . As autistic as that sounds.. i just never write it down.. i feel like i get rhythm naturally in my mind.. i want to get a keyboard and learn to play some synths too
>>
>>73440928
You could just be an Ariel pink and sing it into your phone. Then take it to some musicians and have them play it from your phone.
>>
>>73440928
you could be rebecca's baby tampon boy
meditate on that
>>
>>73440121
What did you start with to learn?
>>
>>73440955
>>73441025
>ariel pink
>rebeccas baby tampon
I dont understand these references
>>
most of the people throw away their talent by only playing other people's songs anyway
when you get a bit good learn some things about music production and songwriting
>>
>>73441042
Minor penatonic scale, some easy song tabs, and now the basic beginner chords
I fucked up learning the minor penatonic because i memorized it strumming down not down,up,down up so i feel like i have to reset
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.