[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we really 4chan's best kept secret? (full normie a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 18

File: mu-best-kept.png (127KB, 1054x1179px) Image search: [Google]
mu-best-kept.png
127KB, 1054x1179px
Are we really 4chan's best kept secret?

(full normie article: http://pittnews.com/article/109829/arts-and-entertainment/music/mu-4chans-best-kept-secret/ )
>>
>>73435009
No.
>>
/mu/ is only as healthy as it's aoty threads
>>
File: 1471454934798.jpg (113KB, 510x364px) Image search: [Google]
1471454934798.jpg
113KB, 510x364px
>>73435009
>mu
>counterculture
>>
/mu/ is better than any other music discussion site even with all of its terribleness

all the board really needs to be "fixed" is more moderation. ban general threads like grimes and kpop, ban spoonfeeding chart bullshit where idiots can think that they can become an expert on a whole genre in a month, and start relaxing the rules on political discussion

also the mentality of fuck pitchfork, lastfm and rym needs to be a lot stronger
>>
File: 1458924692782.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1458924692782.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>73435009
>the potato head from Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea."
>>
>>73435264
>start relaxing the rules on political discussion
t. furspammer
>>
>>73435264
Thats not gonna work if people can just avoid bans. It needs to be combined with pass only posting. Not only can they not avoid it but there can be actual monetary consequences. If they wanna shitpost for $20 a pop then be my guest.
>>
>>73435009
epic
>>
>>73435264
>Ban generals
>Allow politics
>Ban charts

LMAO
>>
>>73435264
>ban generals
>relax the rules on political discussion

>>73435328
>pass only posting
I hope you drive your cars headfirst into each other
>>
File: file.png (618KB, 1104x580px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
618KB, 1104x580px
>But the site’s most worthwhile subsection is /mu/
the board where people have been talking about the same 100 albums for the past 4 years + a handful of the current flavour of the months is THE most worthwhile board
>>
/z/ is the best 4chan secret
>>
>>73435264
Chart threads are basically mass recommendation threads. If I see an album I like on a chart, I check out a few other albums on it. Also the point isn't to become an expert on a genre, the point is to find new music.
>>
>>73435009
i fucking hate journalists and so does everyone else
thats no secret
>>
File: bee pepe.png (75KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
bee pepe.png
75KB, 500x656px
>>73435822
>newfriends will never know the joys of /z/
>>
>>73435264
>ban generals and charts, allow politics

kys
>>
>>73435264
>ban kpop.
Why?
Obviously on this site there are dorks who are interested in Kpop idols - what other board are they gonna discuss it on? Generals keep it nice and tidy, they never even interact with the rest of /mu/

Just filter them
>>
>>73435921
they can go to /trash/ because there's no actual music discussion going on there
>>
>>73435328

>implying that anyone is going to download a vpn to shitpost more about kpop

>>73435488

yes, allowing more political discussion is actualy relevant since half of the music being released today has some kind of political aspect

i think the issue is that most of you are afraid of /pol/tards because you can't debate them properly

>>73435839

in reality chart threads are basically "this is the end all be all of a genre, just start here somewhere and eventually you'll understand everything". it fucking stifles discussion and gives idiots a chance to collect albums and artists like pokemon cards instead of actually listening to anything. don't even get me started on the /mu/core bullshit and how you guys think that you're superior because you've listened to the money store and ok computer. people that still make charts should be shot
>>
>>73435009
it's a tambourine
>>
>>73435264
>start relaxing the rules on political discussion
Kill yourself
>>
>>73435940
>>73435264

also another addition: phoneposters should be banned sitewide. you should still be able to view, just not post. nothing of value has ever been typed on a phone
>>
>>73435815
>the same 100 albums for the past 4 years
That's the best and worst part of /mu/. A lot of /mu/core like Stratosphere or Sweet Trip or formerly HANL doesn't get talked about anywhere else so coming across those 100 albums for the first time is really exciting.

Then after you've been here a few months you realize that's all there fucking is but you're in too deep to quit so you keep coming back hoping to find something as good as those first few albums. It's like being a heroin addict except not as cool
>>
>>73435803
>I hope you drive your cars headfirst into each other
People deserve as much freedom as they can handle. None.
>>
File: Ian.png (125KB, 332x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ian.png
125KB, 332x281px
>>73435084
>Discussion ranges from K-pop to metal to classical

I like how he picked a meme general that won't leave the board, a genre most /mu/tants and hate and know nothing about, and a genre /mu/tants know nothing about. And all to pretend that /mu/ is anything but memerap, indie rock, and poptimism. Truly /ourguy/
>>
File: Patrician_stacy.png (351KB, 835x535px) Image search: [Google]
Patrician_stacy.png
351KB, 835x535px
>sharethreads
Hit or miss
>chart threads
Depends anything more than 4x4 Is shit and filled with repetitive shot
>AOTY and leak threads
Alright
>want more of any a similar sound to an artist, post that artist and call them the worst/best in that genre get recs
This works during real niqqa hours
>using filters to remove spam
Just the useless stuff
Yeah, seems about right. Best thing is you can say anything you want and you don't have to put up an act because of the anonymous feature
>>
>>73435264
>ban general threads

but /classical/ is the only worthwile part of /mu, you dimwit
>>
>>73435921

at this point kpop deserves its own containment board. every kpop thread kills another thread that could have potentially been worthwhile
>>
File: classical.jpg (140KB, 1512x946px) Image search: [Google]
classical.jpg
140KB, 1512x946px
>>73436017
>>
>>73435940
>because you can't debate them properly
Because there's no debate. Nobody on either side is interested in having a debate or having their opinion challenged. They just want to bitch at each other.

It's fucking stupid and I'm sick of every thread on every fucking board getting torpedoed because as soon as someone mentions Trump half the website is tripping over their own dicks to take the bait and start a shitshow. And if you think it constitutes good or valuable discussion, log off and put a kitchen knife in your neck
>>
>>73436058
true, /pol/ doesn't debate, they just shitpost and spam memes

>>73436051
nice cherry picking, truly a convincing argument
>>
File: onemillionprayers.png (89KB, 259x450px) Image search: [Google]
onemillionprayers.png
89KB, 259x450px
>the potato head from Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>73436018
>another thread that could have potentially been worthwhile
Yeah I fucking doubt it
I cannot fathom why all you retards are so eager to kick the hornet's nest and get rid of kpop threads. Is Grimes shitposting not bad enough for you? Do you just look at the constant waifu spam and think "man this board would be so much better if every thread was like this"?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170618-123603.png (91KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170618-123603.png
91KB, 480x800px
Some fuck him school this nu male
>>
>>73436018
We could also have another """""potentially worthwhile""""" thread if we deleted that stupid meme post pinned to the front page but I don't see you arguing for that
>>
>>73436058

oh okay. trolls exist and people are easily baited, therefore making the website more of an echo chamber is a good thing. i see

>And if you think it constitutes good or valuable discussion, log off and put a kitchen knife in your neck

whats with the obsession with suicide? i feel like you guys constantly telling me to kill myself for telling you the truth is just going to make you do it. i feel great, all i'm trying to do is help you retards

>>73436080

its not really cherrypicking when that was within the first 10 posts, other than links to shit that nobody pays attention to
>>
>>73436151
imagine being this guy lmao
>>
>>73435264
Charts are fucking introductions to the genres retard
>>
>>73436151
Fuck this fag, someone school this nu male* what I meant
>>
>>73436166
if you were to cram down on shitposting, politics wouldn't see any discussion even if it were allowed. no one is interested or able to discuss politics on here.
you know, cuz if they were, they wouldn't go on a MUSIC board.
>>
>>73436166
still less shitposting if you consider that the /b/ tier non-general threads are exactly the same type of shit in much larger quantities
>>
>>73436147

they might whine about it for a month at the max, its ridiculous that you're fucking scared of people that post in general threads

>>73436159

i forgot it even existed, but i don't think anyone would miss it
>>
>>73436166
>making the website more of an echo chamber is a good thing
That's not what I said or even what I implied. You're only proving my point, we can't have political discussion because of dipshits like you who willfully misinterpret everything to start fights.

If you want to have a political discussion do it on /pol/ where it belongs. That's the entire reason we have a politics board. If someone suggested banning music discussion from /tv/ or banning video game discussion from /ck/ nobody would be arguing about it but apparently banning politics from /mu/ is over the line because everyone wants to force the world to listen to their worthless opinions
>>
>>73436151
>reading comments sections
It's your fault.
>>
>>73435940
I think we're talking about different charts.
What I'm talking about are the Topsters with an anon's personal favorite albums. Others respond to them to shit on their taste and/or give recommendations. It also works like
>>73435839 said, if someone's chart shares favorites with mine, I'll try some of the other albums on his chart. It normally isn't exclusive to genre.

You're talking about the flow-charts, the "How do you into [genre]" charts. Which I agree, not only are discussion-limiting, but are most of the time poorly made and just straight-up wrong.
>>
>>73436217

>politics wouldn't see any discussion even if it were allowed. no one is interested or able to discuss politics on here.

you don't get better at something by not doing it. the belief that music and politics are mutually exclusive just goes to show how you guys are just giant pussies. a thread about some divisive artist that devolves into political hating shouldn't be deleted or have the participants banned

>>73436195

lol wrong

>>73436230

that might be slightly true right now, doesn't mean that generals aren't cancer
>>
>>73436233
>they might whine about it for a month at the max
Or they might whine about it for months at a time and clog up the entire board with their crap because that's exactly what happens with every other attractive female artist/genre that doesn't have its own general. But I guess you know better than me!

>its ridiculous that you're fucking scared of people that post in general threads
It's ridiculous that they've stayed confined to their own single thread for ages and suddenly having one less Pitchfork shitposting thread is so objectionable to you that you'd rather turn them loose all over the rest of the board.
Why do you even want it gone? Do you have literally any reason for ruining something that doesn't need to change besides being too lazy to use a filter?
>>
>>73435009
>4chan - the birthplace of memes
I'd say that title goes to Something Awful.
>>
>>73436348
>that might be slightly true right now, doesn't mean that generals aren't cancer

so you mean you have no argument? aight then.
>>
>>73435264
>ban generals and charts but allow politics
hello /pol/
>>
>>73436250

>If you want to have a political discussion do it on /pol/ where it belongs. That's the entire reason we have a politics board.

no, we have /pol/ because we have too many people that are uncomfortable with overt racism and conspiracy theories. so much art is inherently political. if i want to talk about what kendrick's political beliefs and philosophy on TPAB i'm going to fucking talk about it here, not on /pol/

also you've told me to kill myself 3 times now and i'm the one starting fights? whats your gpa dude

>>73436320

you kinda get it
>>
>>73436348
>you don't get better at something by not doing it
You're so fucking stupid
Or you just want to keep shitposting with no consequences and you're being willfully ignorant
Political discussion on /mu/ has only gotten worse and more widespread since the election and it's only going to get worse. The mods have tried letting it run its course and clearly /mu/ isn't capable of handling it so now there needs to be another solution. Saying "LOL we'll get better at it after a while" is sticking your head in the sand and refusing to address the problem.
>>
>>73436151
He's right, 4chan was always New York, filthy and everyone hates each other.
>>
>>73436396
Probably IRC, usenet probably even had memes desu
>>
File: TOHXXC2.jpg (44KB, 550x919px) Image search: [Google]
TOHXXC2.jpg
44KB, 550x919px
give kpop the amount of respect it deserves

and it deserves a lot. without us /mu/ would be a dead board
>>
>>73436419
>if i want to talk about what kendrick's political beliefs and philosophy on TPAB i'm going to fucking talk about it here, not on /pol/

actually, you shouldn't post about that on /mu/, that's a dead horse topic. post something original instead of the same 5 albums and artists over and over.
>>
>>73435934
there's music discussion, you don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>73435977
>Stratosphere

Never heard of this, do you have a link?
>>
>>73435977
Just go on a /daily/ thread. A lot of variety there, actually.
>>
>>73436488
By the band duster, it's slowcore/sadcore
>>
>>73436484
you're talking to a guy who's never been in any general, and just got triggered by not getting the in-jokes in the thread editions man, what were you expecting?
>>
>>73436419
>so much art is inherently political
You're right. I don't disagree with you. That's not the point.
The point is that this board is clearly incapable of discussing politics (whether it's in the context of art or not) without it devolving into a shouting match and completely derailing the thread. It's gotten to the point that it's choking off actual discussion and something needs to be done about it. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to have limitations on it but that's the entire point of having rules for the site in the first place.

I've only told you to kill yourself once, you're just arguing with multiple people. Don't jump to conclusions. Sorry if me exercising my right to free discussion bothers you.
>>
>>73436498
Thanks, mate
>>
>>73435934
There's already a thread there, they require one on every board even remotely related to k-pop.
>>
>>73436494
/daily/ threads are cool but they seem like there's a lot of commitment involved, I always see people who have entire months planned out and rated.
I guess that's part of what makes them better than the rest of the board though
>>
>>73436553
>look it up
>it's true
I don't know if I'm impressed or sickened.
>>
>>73436383

>Or they might whine about it for months at a time and clog up the entire board with their crap because that's exactly what happens with every other attractive female artist/genre that doesn't have its own general.

honestly it doesn't

>But I guess you know better than me!

yes

>>73436428

>Political discussion on /mu/ has only gotten worse and more widespread since the election and it's only going to get worse

the problems are getting worse so the amount of political discussion should go up accordingly until people stop caring or there isn't anything left to discuss. either way, these things should be grounds for an auto ban

>>73436533

>The point is that this board is clearly incapable of discussing politics (whether it's in the context of art or not) without it devolving into a shouting match and completely derailing the thread

then let it be a shouting match for a while until people get their shit together

>Sorry if me exercising my right to free discussion bothers you.

rofl now you're some kind of victim
>>
>>73436473
Here's your (You)
>>
>>73436600
I don't normally post on /mu/, but occasionally /hr/ and /tv/ get them too.

Anyway, you guys don't want more political discussion. It always turns into /pol/ bitching about the same five things even if they're conclusively routed every time. It doesn't matter if you know how to argue against them, they have perfected the art of Socratic shitposting. /his/ has whole sets of images specifically aimed at debunking the most common /pol/ 'info'graphics, and they just use the same ones. Over and over again. Forever.

T. /his/torian
>>
>>73435264
>ban general threads like grimes and kpop
Grimes isn't a general. It's an artist thread.
>>
>>73436745
>honestly it doesn't
We must be browsing different boards then homeboy
Still doesn't change my point though. Of all the stupid fanbases on this board kpop is probably the only one that manages to keep it contained to one thread. Why do you want to create a problem where none exists? You say that there might be a temper tantrum for a month max but why even bother when you could just filter the thread and not have to deal with it?

>until people stop caring or there isn't anything left to discuss
This board still argues over the same /mu/core albums after almost a decade so I highly doubt that's ever going to happen

>then let it be a shouting match for a while until people get their shit together
There's no incentive for people to get their shit together because nobody gives out bans and a large portion of the board doesn't care about discussion. You can argue for self-moderation all you want but the end results are already clear. If it hasn't slowed down or improved since the election why would it slow down or improve now?

>rofl now you're some kind of victim
I don't really know what you're expecting me to say to this. Do you expect me to apologize for telling you to kill yourself on a website where the most frequently used insult is nigger?

>>73436806
>even if they're conclusively routed every time
Yeah this is my point
You can't argue or have genuine discussion with people who are only there to yell and start a pissing match. If you engage with them you've already lost.
>>
Did anyone even read op article? It's pretty... cringeworthy
>>
All of you who want to ban kpop obviously don't remember what it was like before the general was started. The rest of 4chan forced these kpop fags on us because they would shit up every other discussion. Then they flooded the board with threads about the latest boyslut group and it was hell because they would just spam the front page, driving everything down. You know how fucking long it took to force them into a general? You know how fucking long it took to force them into just 1 fucking general at a time???????

No, we cannot ban kpop general, be glad that the cancer is contained.
>>
>>73436745
>then let it be a shouting match for a while until people get their shit together

No one's going to "get their shit together". Arguing with retarded people doesn't make them less retarded. It just drives off the few remaining semi-reasonable people. Eventually the only ones left will be dense motherfuckers such as yourself.
>>
i only come here for kpop and sharethreads, why would i discuss music with any of you close-minded retards.
>>
We all know that the problem is us not 4chan right?
>>
>>73437075
>Of all the stupid fanbases on this board kpop is
...the only one where the regular posters NEVER discuss music. Which is why it doesn't belong on /mu.
>>
>>73437256
Stop with this lie, kpg discuss music all the time
>>
>>73437256
Well it doesn't belong anywhere and the only reason it ended up on /mu/ is because they had an agreement with moot, who had refused time after time to make a Korean-culture board, so they settled with them discussing kpop & related stuff on this board. Learn your 4chinz history, newfag.
>>
>>73436383
we literally have a board for shitty generals now and its ridiculous that we dont put our shitty general there
>>
>>73437256
Yeah so let's delete their thread, that way they'll definitely take the hint and immediately move all of their non-music discussion off of /mu/ with no hassle right?
It's a containment thread. It's a necessary evil. It has nothing to do with whether they """""discuss music""""" or not. If you're too stupid to wrap your head around it then close your browser and let the adults talk

>>73437347
It's technically still music. If it got moved there people would just bitch that it fits on /mu/. And more importantly having a kpop general means that other kpop threads can get deleted on sight because there's already a designated thread for it. I'd rather have one consistent thread that I can filter than half a dozen unpredictable ones clogging up the front page

I have yet to see a single valid reason why the threads should be banned.
>>
>>73437306
The most recently bump-limited KPop thread:
>>73435393
>317 posts
>fewer than 3 mentions of music throughout the entire thing
You guys actually don't.

>>73437406
>Well it doesn't belong anywhere
Based on content, it cearly belongs on >>>/s/
Never been sure where the confusion on this front lies.

>>73437406
See above.

>more importantly having a kpop general means that other kpop threads can get deleted
People SHOULD be able to make actually music-related threads about KPop on /mu if they want to (since that is the point of this board.) Forcing /s/-tier KPop threads to be on /mu/ pretty much makes that impossible.
>>
>>73435264
>also the mentality of fuck pitchfork, lastfm and rym needs to be a lot stronger
fuck you this board was built on lastfm and rym, if anything the userbase doesn't hate these sites anymore just we've drifted further and further away from them. Also the fact that you didn't include fantano in this section either shows how little the lurk or your basis towards him
>>
>Sure, users can be antagonistic toward one another in disagreement, but usually the users getting flack for their comments are the ones who, according to internet decorum, deserve it. They are the outright contrarians, clueless proletarians and the hyper-pretentious.
Spotted the prole
>>
>>73437970
>>73437989
posting twice won't make your statements more valid
>>
It is the best place for music discussion that I know of, despite some of the rubbish that gets posted there's a lot of great stuff to balance it out and I've been introduced to a lot of interesting stuff over the years.

Imagine posting on some shite forum like Drownedinsound or ATRL or something.
>>
>>73438089
see
>>73438046

>won't make your statements more valid
Because what's true is true desu.
Enjoy your redpill.
>>
>>73437970
There's clearly much more posts about music than that, what are you on about?
And it's harder to discuss music now because the last big release was like a week ago, tomorrow there will be more.
>>
>this thread
cringe
>>
>>73438046
>Based on content, it cearly belongs on >>>/s/
>Never been sure where the confusion on this front lies.
1/3 of the posts are about male kpop so it clearly doesn't belong on /s/
>>
If /mu/ is all about music then talking talking about bands/artists is prohibited?
>>
>>73438148
>There's clearly much more posts about music than that

Here are all the posts in that thread that actually mention music

#1:
>>73436114
>>>73436102
>they got that one really lewd music video it fits right in

#2:
>>73437037
>>>73436857
>>nuxn
>what is this? just someone hosting their music or what?

#3:
>>73437344
>>>73437316
>the heck?
>she is literally called sweat girl
>>>73437322
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_music_videos

On further inspection #3 actually doesn't count since music only appears as part of an external url.

So that's just 2 out of 318 posts. And this isn't even getting into whether either of these 2 posts actually contain substantive music discussion...
>>
>creative insults

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>73438569
>what's the criteria
Descriptive terms referring to music - i.e. music discussion.
>>
>>73438828
/mu/ certainly discuss a lot of music theory
>>
File: 1497812236984.png (71KB, 443x670px) Image search: [Google]
1497812236984.png
71KB, 443x670px
>>73438828
>only kpg does is rarely talk about music
>>
>>73439126
Ha I'm in that screencap
>>
/mu/ is good to find new stuff to listen and kek, but it's hard to find discussion about the music in most occasions
>>
Let's be honest: we all had shit taste when we first came to /mu/ and we only came to it as cross-posters from other $chinz boards. Now music has become an important part of our lives and we have a vast knowledge of it and have discovered so much of it. All thanks to /mu/. So yeah, it is a life-changing, well-kept secret.
>>
>>73440428
>we all had shit taste when we first came to /mu/
How old are you?
>>
>>73440454
turned 19 recently
came here when I was like 14 lol
>>
File: FAT_UGLY_DEAD.gif (4MB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
FAT_UGLY_DEAD.gif
4MB, 480x324px
>>73435009
>potato head
>>
>>73435264
>and start relaxing the rules on political discussion
Are you joking

I agree about the generals but I don't know of the best way to fix them. At the very least, mods should ensure there's no more than 1 Grimes thread and 1 Kpop thread at any given time. Anyone who posts another when an existing thread already has at least 10 posts should have their thread deleted and be banned for at least one day.
>>
>>73435940
>i think the issue is that most of you are afraid of /pol/tards because you can't debate them properly
I post on /pol/ and debate them all the time. They're almost never actually interested in debates or any kind of intellectually honest discussion.

It'd literally be like trying to "debate" a Grimesfag to convince them Grimes isn't that amazing.

One of the only good thing mods do here is delete political threads.
>>
>>73438077
>They are the outright contrarians, clueless proletarians and the hyper-pretentious.
this is 96% of /mu/ posters
>>
>>73440756
found the prole
>>
>>73436473
Can they just legalize porn already? Jesus christ.
>>
>>73440719
>They're almost never actually interested in debates
... with the type of person who uses retarded meme terms like 'Grimesfag' to make "serious" points?

Gee, I wonder why...
>>
Ban generals
Delete threads about same topic so
No more than ONE classical, jazz, rock, hip hop etc thread at a time
>>
>>73435264
when are people finally going to learn, for once and all, that the kpop general is a brilliant concept? it's a containment thread, it works perfectly. you would rather there be 25 kpop threads on the front page instead of one general?
>>
>>73438188
>>>/cm/
4chan's boards are topical. You put the thread where it most closely matches the other content.
>>
>>73442571
see
>>73438046
>>
>>73435009
How's it possible to be so oblivious, especially as a university student. I honestly can't imagine it.

But maybe that's my problem. Maybe my dense, labyrinth-consciousness is what's keeping me from being sociable. Maybe I'm too cognizant of everything and everyone around me.
>>
If Kpop goes, so must Grimes, Lana, Lorde, Marina, Bjork, Lauren, Bush, Sufjan etc threads too.
>>
>>73442641
KPop isn't an individual artist. It's a genre of music which NEVER gets discussed in "KPop" threads. Hence why said KPop threads shouldn't be on /mu.
>>
>>73442581
but /cm/ is only for 2d. That'd be like putting an western art general on /aco/. /trash/ is where kpop really belongs, don't even try to deny it.
>>
>>73442610
you think about your own thinking and that can be a good thing if you hone it via martial arts, if you don't you'll always be in your own head instead of in the momentkun

as for the board in general: with Reddit in a state of chaos due to our own negligence and love of profit and general warmongering, we must allow more redditors in and make them welcome.
>>
>>73442602
Good job retard, like everyone else arguing for the removal of kpop threads you totally missed the point. The point isn't that it fits somewhere else or that they don't discuss music, the point is that *without kpop generals the board would be flooded with that shit and nobody wants to deal with it*.

Why are you suddenly a stickler for the fucking rules of 4chan just because it "maybe sorta technically" doesn't adhere to them all the way? Are you this up in arms about people breaking copyright infringement with sharethreads, you fucking loser?
>>
>>73442602
we're aware, stupid. i don't think the threads are good either which is why i prefer having one general instead of 30 threads. you're not going to ever get kpop removed from /mu/ so don't be a stubborn autist about it
>>
File: 1493483173461.jpg (4MB, 4900x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1493483173461.jpg
4MB, 4900x4500px
>>73442610
>But maybe that's my problem. Maybe my dense, labyrinth-consciousness is what's keeping me from being sociable. Maybe I'm too cognizant of everything and everyone around me.

pic related does not demonstrate a lot of cognizance dawg
>>
>>73435264
Grimes is a /mu/ fixture and has been since Halfaxa
>>
>>73442794
Maybe if people stuck to her first three albums, while recognizing how derivative they are and appreciating the music she takes from, discussions about her wouldn't be so irritating.
>>
>>73442780
Rumor has it that he almost got doxed but wouldn't on the one conduction that he had to leave this place one and for all, is this true?
>>
>>73442870
it's absolutely true, i actually happened to be in that thread. wish i had some screens of it, are there any /mu/ archives up?

he managed to fuck up copypasting a college radio playlist he made. he left enough information for someone to find his university and name. he had a massive nervous breakdown after the anon told him that he has to leave the board forever or else he would contact unty's school administrators with screenshots of his violent posts about women

could easily be the second best thread i've ever witnessed behind the time that machinedrum was tricked into sending all of his unreleased material to '[email protected]'
>>
>>73436151
as cringe as this is, this makes a lot of sense. especially for portland and reddit
>>
>>73442780
I feel for him. The dismissive, stupid memes en masse, when you just want to be treated with a modicum of respect and understanding, is infuriating. We've lost our ability to communicate.
>>
>>73435264
>ban general threads like grimes and kpop
agreed
ive only been here a few years but these are easily the worst things ive seen here
>>
>>73436151
>>
>>73435264
t. been here for two weeks
>>
>>73443049
Portland = Reddit is the only one that really makes sense. But it could also apply equally well (or better) to any hipster millennial enclave.

LA is clearly more aptly Instagram.
>>
>>73443086
>ban kpop general
>they start making millions of threads and flooding the board with autism

great idea retard
>>
>>73443064
i think you make a good point, but it's important to consider that unty was already very well known at that point. every person in that thread had probably read a good dozen hateful, psychotic posts from him about how he wants to kill women. and about how superior he is to everyone. the response to that would be worse in virtually every other context that has ever existed. he's lucky there's even a place for him to vent such feelings with zero repercussions
>>
>>73443086
>The obligatory "I've been here" shitpost.
Fuck off newfriend.
>>
>>73443159
Oh, I didn't read the whole thing. That was unty? I remember him from a year or two ago. He was a mess.
>>
>>73443185
look a bit further up the page mate
>>
>>73442714
>>>/hm/
Have you seriously never browsed this site before?

>>73442726
>The point isn't that it fits somewhere else or that they don't discuss music
Yes, it is, because the purpose of /mu - specifically - is to host/foster music discussion. Not to be a safespace for spergs like you who can't tolerate other people talking about styles of music (in this case, KPop) you don't like.

>>73442744
See above. The MUSICAL aspect of KPop (what the current KPop threads specifically DO NOT touch on in the least) SHOULD be discussed on /mu because that is topical to the board. However that will never happen unless the current so-called "KPop" threads are relegated to their logically appropriate boards - >>>/s/ and/or >>>/hm/
>>
>>73435264
>ban music related general threads on a music board but allow more off-topic political threads
>also fuck these music related sites I don't like because I'm a contrarian.
Also don't try to argue that political threads are fine because of political music because most of the political threads I see are shit like
>post your favorite album and political chart so we can call anyone on the left cucks and anyone on the right nazis
or someone will mention Vektroid (or a trans musician) and the thread will devolve into
>she XDDD
>>
>>73443235
Hey! Leave k-pop boys off /hm/ please. We don't want them there.
>>
>>73443086
see
>>73436888
>>
>>73435009
no, you could open r/hiphopheads and /tv/ and get the same experience as browsing /mu/
>>
>>73443235
>being this upset about ONE (1) thread

calm your autism bud
>>
>>73443119
see
>>73443235
"Banning" things is a useless concept on an open posting system like 4chan. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with KPop threads being on /mu so long as they are the musically related kind - i.e. NOT like the ones found here right now.
>>
>>73443273
That's where they make the most sense to be desu. If that fact makes you uncomfortable, well... maybe you should do some soul-searching.
>>
>>73442865
it's the dumb faggots who think she is a saviour that make it irritating
>>
>>73443530
>maybe you should do some soul-searching

Maybe I didn't make it clear. I frequent /hm/ and I don't want [more] k-pop idol threads there.
>>
>>73443115
la is definitely instagram. dunno about portland and reddit. the way he described it made sense, but for every hiplord/nanny state sheep rat in portland there's a genuinely open-minded human being I think, probably true on reddit too though i guess
>>
>>73436419
>whats your gpa dude
damn, this dude really knows how to debate
>>
>>73443444
>being this upset about ONE (1)
>>73443302
>>73443309
>>73441815
Those are just the ones CURRENTLY active in the catalog desu. The archive (which shows jsut 3 days worth of expired threads) currently shows 47 more. That's approximately 16 threads PER DAY...
>>
>>73443706
who gives a shit, filter them retard
>>
>>73443661
That's even more pathetic than appealing to IQ
>>
>>73443722
>t. self-conscious KPop poster
>>
>>73443643
>probably true on reddit too though i guess

Yeah, they just get downvoted
>>
>>73443748
<implying
>>
File: 1431754613154.png (47KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1431754613154.png
47KB, 200x198px
holy shit i'll tell you what the problem is

easily 60-70% of /mu/ is 18
40% of /mu/ is new as shit (been here less than 5 years)

the reason the same 50 albums keep getting posted is because they're all babby's first and these kids are just discovering music

none of these kids are actually digging deep and finding new music because they don't know where to start and they don't know how.

flavor of the month is even more egregious because all it proves is that 18 year olds can still read pitchfork.

it's always been the same problem and it's the problem on every board: more than half of this website is 18 and the other half is probably just underaged b&

holy fuckin shit grimes general i remember when there'd be this type of whining about the alice glass generals it's always the same.
>>
>>73443937
this
>>
>>73443530
Maybe he just isn't attracted to Korean boys.
>>
>>73443937
I agree with the underage kids but how is 5 years the cutoff for newfags
>>
>>73444262
it's not the cutoff, it's just being new as all shit

5 years in /mu/ you at least start to notice that it's the same fuckin albums over and over again

the age of newfags vs oldfags is long over dude, 4chan was founded when most of its current userbase was in diapers
>>
>>73444361
>5 years in /mu/ you at least start to notice that it's the same fuckin albums over and over again

more like first 4 months
>>
>>73436058
based
>>
>>73436080
all generals are exactly like that retard
>>
File: 1492282030869.png (81KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492282030869.png
81KB, 420x420px
>>73435009
Ahh I see he stumbled onto the RAP threads.
>>
>>73443014
Thanks man! Good to know.
>>
4chan is a agent of chaos in the age of hyper identity politics, a faceless hivemind doing it for the lulz, 4chan is what happens when you tear away the chains of identity and political correctness.
The results are lots of shitposting, but also a diamond in the shit every now and then
>>
>>73445241
stfu u gay
>>
>>73435264
charts serve a valuable purpose and the ones that are just some random cunts hot opinion are easily spotted

generals will exist whether you like them or not, if the topic is popular enough

>the mentality of fuck pitchfork, lastfm and rym needs to be a lot stronger

it'll wax and wane naturally you fucking sixteen year old

and there's a board for political discussion. you can always fuck off over that ways if talking politics is important enough to you. the shit has half-killed 4chan as it is without mods 'relaxing the rules'

gag on a fat one, cunt
>>
>>73444361
>mfw I've been here since 2008
I remember a time when pitchfork plebs bullied metalfags.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.