[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they have critical acclaim? Mick Jagger is a worse singer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6276.jpg (635KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6276.jpg
635KB, 900x668px
Why do they have critical acclaim? Mick Jagger is a worse singer than Win Butler. They ripped off black artists to make phony overly commercial "blues". All of their songs from exile and Main Street and sticky fingers (supposedly their best) sound the same. Keith Richards is the only marginally good musician in the band.
>>
>>73434785
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>73434785
You're not wrong
>>
they really couldn't make it in europe, their fame came after the beatles went to USA

they were considered rivals, and when john lennon said that "bigger than jesus thing", the stones had their road paved to success

but yes, it's true that their production is based on 50s/60s black rock n roll music.
>>
>>73434785
Nigga Moonlight Mile alone deserves them the fame they have
>>
>>73434785
>sticky fingers (supposedly their best)
isn't there a consensus that the Brian Jones Stones is the best era in general?

Anyway the reason why I love the Stones is because they're very firmly rooted in Chicago blues with tons of energy and occasional great songwriting. They are also one hell of a thing to see live, once again due to the amount of energy they put into the songs. I like that. There's tons of blues rock bands that don't seem to give off the amount of "life" as much as the Stones managed to. That's just my personal opinion. I can easily see how they can be disliked.

I would disagree with Jagger being a shitty singer though.
>>
Blues artists ripped each other off all the time. I don't get why this it's controversial when white artists do it.
>>
>>73434785

Yes because you gotta move, sister morphine and moonlight mile all sound the same
>>
What a drag it is gettin' old
>>
I will admit their 60s singles like Jumpin Jack Flash and Satisfaction are great but that only affords them the amount of acclaim of other singles bands like the yardbirds or the turtles. Overall their studio albums are mostly filler.
>>
>>73434785
>Mick Jagger is a worse singer than Win Butler.
Win Butler isn't even a bad singer, wtf
>>
I think their recognition comes from their longevity, and the sheer quantity of drugs they took and didn't die.
Let it Bleed is my fave stones album. It's good drinking mood music.
>>
>>73434969
Blues players didn't rip each other off. They played each other's songs and often wrote songs together. The problem comes when some upper/middle class white kids from another country use your music and pretend to share the troubles of a poor black man in the early 20th century or at least pretend to have the same magnitude of troubles when they clearly are privileged posers taking your innovations and culture to sell to their oppressing class as they can't be seen listening to black music
>>
>>73435215
lmao what
>>
theyre the best rock n roll band of all time fuck you nigg
>>
>>73435394
Blues was ripped from folk music

You could say the same thing about niggers stealing folk from the irish and the applying their own struggle to get ahead in their lives as slave negros

But I guess Irish are niggers too so maybe they get a pass
>>
I used to love her, but it's all over now

Iggy Pop could have sang that, it has that Iggy vibe
>>
>>73435521
Blues wasn't ripped from Irish folk at all. At a stretch you could say that it may have been influenced by it but I don't hear that. You have to understand that new music doesn't come out of nowhere and always has some kind of inspiration. The white guys who played blues afterwards weren't influenced they were straight ripping it, there's a difference. Blues rock on the other hand wasn't ripping off blues, that was influenced by blues
>>
>>73435629
>blues wasn't ripped from folk music

Stupidest thing I have ever read on 4chan. It's literally defined as a fusion of African traditional music and European traditional folk

further more the Rolling Stones were far from a straight rip of blues music. They definitively added their own little euro twist to it just the same way blues musicians did with folk
>>
>>73435736
Again as I've said you little turd, there is a difference between ripping off and influence. Why does everything have to an all or nothing extreme opinion on the internet?

Also I never said that the Rolling Stones were that but they did do traditional blues style on some songs, there's a lot on beggars banquet and a few others in most albums but that wasn't their main output.m
>>
>>73435736
There's a difference between witnessing a white oral tradition and combining it with your own black oral tradition, and buying a blues record at a store and then playing that style but pretending it's a new style since you do it with a British accent
>>
>>73435789
And blues ripped folk. Jazz ripped classical. I'm just pointing out the blatant flaws in your argument that it was wrong for white people take bits from different music they were listening to because the artist was black when the reality is this is
Literally how blues started

By taking a pre existing format and adding a spin to it. Don't get so worked up champ
>>
>>73435821
That's literally how blues started though. By the time rock was dead the spin whites out on it was hardly just a British accent
>>
>>73434785
>Keith Richards is the only marginally good musician in the band.
Apart from the greatest white drummer
>>
>>73435599
The man is keeping me down. I hate my job, and I think my old lady is screwing around behind my back.
Someone please hand me a guitar.
>>
>>73435521
>Blues was ripped from folk music

Spirituals are the core of blues music, which come from african folk music. Your sentence doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>73435394
>poor black man

I bet the average snaggletooth Brit had a lower standard of living than the average African-American in the 50's. They still had rationing and outdoor toilets FFS.
>>
>>73435821
Blues wasn't an overnight thing. If you listen to early early blues it is heavily influenced by Irish folk because the Irish were the only whites hanging with blacks. It took 20-30 years for blues to fully develop into its own polarised style

The same thing happened with rock. Started off heavily influenced by blues before it became its own thing
>>
>>73435875
I'm not even going to debate with someone who clearly hasn't read anything I've posted. It's either you haven't read/understood what I've said or you're so stubborn that you stick to the strawman you have created for me even when I am arguing the opposite

I have explained what I mean by ripping off and influence. I have also explained that it wasn't wrong for white musicians to be influenced by blues when I said that blues rock was influenced not ripped off
>>
>>73435956
>it is heavily influenced by Irish folk

Prove it
>>
>>73435920
wrong Keith.
>>
>>73436011
Hahahahahah ass blasted as fuck
>>
>>73434785
but Win Butler is a good singer
>>
>>73436047
>ass blasted
What are you, 12? That would explain your shit reading comprehension
>>
File: DumbFrog.png (246KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
DumbFrog.png
246KB, 550x535px
They reinvented blues cliches for white audiences without removing the lusty negro attitudes and hiding behind production tricks like the Beatles did.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.