[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else just still amazed at how much Spotify has changed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: Spotify.png (7KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Spotify.png
7KB, 1200x630px
Is anyone else just still amazed at how much Spotify has changed and improved music listening? How much easier it is to listen to a variety of artists and albums and get introduced to new genres, artists, and playlists?

It's absolutely insane.
>>
I admit it yeah.
>>
File: jew.gif (11KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
11KB, 501x585px
Yes goyim it is truly a wonder of modern society!
>>
>>73431832
IPO when
>>
Remember you can subscribe to Spotify for 3 months for $0.99

Love unlimited music? Premium’s for you!*

*Only $9.99/month after. Offer not available to users who already tried Premium. Terms apply.
>>
How are you guys finding new music using spotify?

It's missing the ability to search for playlists which is a real bummer as far as music discovery is concerned.
>>
>>73431857
I don't but after I find out about the album elsewhere then I actually listen to it on Spotify. Most of the time. If it's not otherwise on Bandcamp or YouTube then I literally don't listen to it.
>>
>>73431857
Discover weekly sometimes works. Other than that it's useless if you don't listen to specific subgenres like industrial techno. RYM is still my go-to discover new music site.
>>
APPLE MUSIC IS BEST MUSIC STREAMER
>>
>>73431902
Interesting the only time I exclusively discovered a 2017 album from Spotify was industrial techno. And even then it disappeared from their recommendation list just a few days later. It's like the album doesn't even exist to the rest of the world. It's not on rym or aoty.org

9th Evolution from Florida
>>
>>73431815
I just wish they improved the quality, it's blatantly obvious that they have only rights for "streaming quality" for some of the new releases and they sound like total shit while GPM offers much better sound. Is there any way in which Spotify can change the deals they made with labels? Do they even have any incentive to do so?
>>
>>73432159
>waaah i have millions of songs to listen to
>waaah they're not in flac
>waaah i'm a baby who has the world's biggest encylopedia and library at his disposal and i'm still fucking unhappy
>waaah where is my fucking latte
>>
I have a hard time finding good playlists. How do you even look for playlists on spotify?
>>
>>73431852
What's stopping people from opening a new account every 3 months and only pay $4 a year instead of $120 a year?
>>
>>73434033
In my case stupidity apparently.
>>
File: 98c779cd203a8e67f6f267f576e6108f.jpg (496KB, 800x1034px) Image search: [Google]
98c779cd203a8e67f6f267f576e6108f.jpg
496KB, 800x1034px
>>73431815
Spotify is complete garbage. Anti-artist. Anti-music. Commie totalitarian scum.

Stop shilling.
>>
>>73431815
Spotify completely dominates the mainstream rap genera. Musicians like 6LACK and Khalid went from having 5k monthly listeners to 1.5M after being featured on their genre playlists before they got big
>>
>>73434083
>waaah the commies are coming mom!
>>
>>73434033
Getting a new credit card every 3 months
>>
>>73434139
>waaah why am i such a failure!
>>
>>73434149
Fuck off Schlomo.

Keep talking to yourself all day shilling this trash.
>>
>>73434206
>waaah the Jews are coming to get me mom!
>>
>>73434233
Keep grinding out those shekels you fucking loser.
>>
>>73434189
Oh yeah I forgot about that. They probably match up all the info too in addition to just the name so it can't be done anyways.
>>
File: 421890.jpg (709KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
421890.jpg
709KB, 2560x1600px
>>73434083
I agree, we should go to hardened, encrypted, file sharing networks. Now that all of the infrastructure is in place it should be a breeze.
>>
>>73434268
You're not fooling anyone shill
>>
>>73434284
Or just buy physical media directly from artists.

It's not hard.

And you're no better than Spotify if you're stealing from artists.
>>
>>73434290
Wut

I think you'd be more comfortable at Reddit or maybe just pol where you can attack who is saying what and not actually what they're saying.
>>
>>73434255
>waaah i can't afford anything! mom, where's my allowance?!?
>>
>>73434326
Stealing from artists is lame.

No matter how you're doing it.
>>
>>73434343
I'm not stealing shit from anyone.
>>
>>73434338
What's that Pajeet, you jew bitch slave.
>>
>>73434307
Why would I do that. Seriously.
They can get paid streaming rates or not at all. I really dgaf.
>>
>>73434364
Fuck off shill

Spotify pays artists basically nothing.

Legit poverty wages.
>>
Nice viral marketing, Spotify
Deffensive sage.
>>
>>73434400
>Legit poverty wages.
Get a fucking real job, loser.
>>
>>73434354
>waaah the pakis are coming to get me! they have dark eyes, they're scary!
>>
>>73434424
You first you cubicle farm shill slave.
>>
>>73434400
I'm sure as hell not running a charity or looking for the tip jar. If they dont like Spotify then sign to a label that doesnt do it like Drag City. However I think Drag City is even worse because of their stupidity to deny even a preview. I think the best model is to put it on YouTube with the shittiest bitrate tolerable. That way I can generally know what I'm getting and then buy the album if I want. Forcing a blind buy based on one or two singles is probably the literal worst business model in the industry right now. Of course I would need to see everyones bank statements to know for sure but still. With at least 95% of all new releases allowing a preview, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Personally I love the Bandcamp model but apparently those are easy to steal or something.
>>
>>73434587
Jesus fucking Christ.

You're the kind of dickhead who employees all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify stiffing servers at restaurants aren't you?

Paying artists for their work isn't 'charity' you fucking dirtbag.
>>
>>73434627
It is if I'm getting what I want through other ways that their label agreed to. Literally zero gymnastics here. Again, if they don't like it then they shouldn't do it. You're in literally no position to say otherwise.
>>
>>73434467
>>73434587
T. Poor neet
>>
>>73434678
>its a guy repeating schlomo until the other guy leaves episode

Epic argument dude!
>>
>>73434678
Enjoy it while you can. Pretty soon youll be doing prison time for that.
>>
just got 3 months for 99p ....... got em
>>
>>73434677
I actually just got off work thank you and I've bought more than my fair share of 2017 new releases.
>>
As someone's who's been using last.fm since '06, Spotify is quite nice. The fact that I don't have to use private trackers to find the stuff I want helps a lot. Spotify doesn't have everything, sure, which why I reinstalled Soulseek the other day.

I don't even care about the (2011 remaster) tags anymore.
>>
>>73434722
>working on sunday

What do you work at?
>>
>>73434872
A receptionist. I actually asked for Sunday. It's not like there's shit going on anyways.
>>
I wish there were more smaller artist on spotify
>>
>>73434923
Sounds comfy, actually. I work in retail, and currently work every second weekend. Sundays are usually super slow
>>
It's nice for finding out music but I still just download my music.

Mostly keeping it around for occasions when I only like one song out of an entire album. Then I can listen to them without feeling compelled to download the entire album.
>>
>>73431815
Google Play Music is superior due to the fact that you can upload your own music to the cloud. Anyways, I'm glad streaming killed iTunes.
>>
>>73431815
spotify has given me better recs than /mu

not saying i'm surprised, but...
>>
>>73434083
it's either spotify or i keep torrenting shit i like, other than my favorite artists.
>>
>>73434189
just make a new paypal account, it's not that hard
>>
Spotify is pretty nice, just download the modded apk for android and you never have to pay for it. You get all the benefits of premium except for downloading music. Anything that isn't on Spotify I download and load onto my phone.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.