[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this so fucking overrated? TKOL is a way more interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: radio_amoon_cover_240416.jpg (128KB, 1050x615px) Image search: [Google]
radio_amoon_cover_240416.jpg
128KB, 1050x615px
why is this so fucking overrated?

TKOL is a way more interesting album.

most of it sounds like dull B sides. Guess that appeased the plebs who hated TKOL
>>
>>73428524
>TKOL
sorry I like organized sound.
>>
>>73428524
sorry I like actual tunes when I'm not listening to art music
>>
>>73428536
>organized sound
Literally what?
>sorry I like actual tunes when I'm not listening to art music
Why Burn the Witch is sooo nifty.
>>
>2017
>Still going with the AMSP is bad meme
>>
>>73428524
or we can just enjoy both of them and stop saying I LIKE THIS ONE BETTER CAUSE ITS EDGIER TO LIKE IT BETTER!
>>
>>73428713
I never said it's bad, I said it's overrated.

What irks me is when people shit on TKOL and then praise AMSP like it's some godly album.

The reason this irritates me is because these people are why bands never try anything knew. Fucking plebs that want a predictable album full of run of the mill Radiohead songs.
>>
>>73428775
most bands never try anything new because most bands are basic and not like radiohead or other actual intelligent bands

that being said I see AMSP as a sort of mixture or finalization of IR and TKOL. And I enjoy all of them in different moods/settings/ways
>>
Its already become one of their best albums for me, certainly not in the lower half.

While it may not be super groundbreaking it actually feels fresher and more passionate than TKOL. Jonny incorporating not only his soundtrack style strings but also a score way of writing and progression is very unique in these days. This is the first radiohead to really feel like a mix of all the styles and sounds before, with some bringing back the 90s era sound initially but also incorporating everything up until TKOL.
It also fits with the themes and feelings of the album and videos.

It never gets fast or weird but it works together very nicely. May not be Kid A or even In Rainbows but its fantastic album for being the ninth album of a 30 year old band.
Okay sorry for AMSP cockriding but its seems to be hated just because its bit more reserved and somber, either that or just because its their newest
>>
Don't really like either honestly. I liked Bloom and some of the remixes. Ful Stop and Identikit are alright but just alright to me. But I think I've mostly just outgrown Radiohead or they outgrew me or something. I like In Rainbows and everything before but everything after just kind of bores me. It's boring.

Jonny Greenwood solo stuff is ace though.
>>
>>73428775
I like TKOL but
>tkol
>new
>half baked krautrock songs
>in rainbows rejects
>most of the album sounds like itself, which is a general gloomy motoric synth beat thats about 4min long and ends
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.