[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

90% of their music was aimed towards teenage girls, wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: chad_morrison.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
chad_morrison.gif
2MB, 320x180px
90% of their music was aimed towards teenage girls, wasn't it?

>Indian Summer
>Love Her Madly
>Light My Fire
>Crystal Ship
>You're Lost Little Girl
>Love Me Two Times
>Unhappy Girl
>My Eyes Have Seen You
>Hello, I Love You
>Love Street
>Wintertime Love
>My Wild Love
>Touch Me
>Easy Ride
>You Make Me Real
>The Spy
>Queen of the Highway

Plus the whole faggish public persona of Jim (pic related). Were Doors just a glorified One Direction/ Bieber of the 1960s?
>>
Sure.
>>
>faggish public persona
Explain.
He was the embodiment of the zeitgeist.
For a few years, he was the definition of 'cool.'
>>
>>73412302
No they weren't.
Musically they were far more creative.

Lyrically speaking I never heard One Direction or Justin Beiber make any references to Hamlet or Oedipus on their first albums or anywhere in their lyrical content.
>>
>>73412552
Well maybe I used the wrong term, what I meant is that his character (I use the word character here because he really seemed to be acting imo) was the ultimate girl magnet. Just like today's bands aimed towards girls, with the difference being that girls in the 60s obviously had a better taste.
>>
>>73412663
Jesus christ does the pope shit in the woods?
Of course it was about being mysterious.
I would murder for his facial structure.
>>
File: 1234233.jpg (89KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
1234233.jpg
89KB, 600x433px
>>73412638
Never denied that, of course they were far superior, but I don't think Oedipus references is what made them famous. Like I said, 90% of their career were love songs that catered to horny teenagers
>>
>>73412701
Only because The End didn't get any airplay when the first album came out.

Of course the Hamlet Reference made them famous even though many people didn't get the reference unless they were already Shakesperian scholars to begin with.
>>
>>73412302
>Most rock lyrics are about love, more at 11

What are you getting at?
>>
File: character creation.jpg (198KB, 750x592px) Image search: [Google]
character creation.jpg
198KB, 750x592px
Kek
>>
>>73412701
We'll never know how much fresh cunt Jim ploughed through, because nobody would ever dare talk shit about him...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.