[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes nothing but boring R&B music >Get mad when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: frank-ocean-wolfgang-tillmans-0.jpg (63KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
frank-ocean-wolfgang-tillmans-0.jpg
63KB, 800x480px
>Makes nothing but boring R&B music
>Get mad when people call him an R&B artist because he don't want to be pigeonholed
>Continue to make boring R&B music

Why do people like this asshole? Nothing about him stands out.
>>
>>73408953
>Dramatically comes out online in a vague blog post
>Isn't even gay
>>
>>73408953
Pitchfork and virtue-signalling liberals who think Kendrick and Frank are the magnum opus of modern music.
>>
>>73408982
When you're black it's a bigger deal if you gay and if you don't let people know you suck dick they gonna drop you from the shock
>>
Saying that you don't belong to a genre is just a simple tactic to get crossover fans to check you out. It's nothing to get mad about.
>>
>>73408994
But Frank Ocean is good
>>
>>73408963
this
>>
>>73408953
>generic r&b
that's not true it has a little more experimentation especially compared to what you would expect from an r&b album, and it has a lot of influences outside of the genre like the beach boys and brian eno, that give it a lot more flavor
>>
Yeah, Frank isn't generic r&b. He's art-pop with r&b influences (at least on Blond(e)). He still bores me to death though. I don't get why people make him out to be such a huge deal.
>>
>>73409303
It's watered down Andre 3000.
>>
>>73410283
have you heard either of those artists?
show me frank rappin like andre or andre singing like frank
>>
amazing vocalist, really talented songwriter
he's gonna be remembered even if only for writing openly gay love songs instead of hiding it or leaving it ambiguous
>>
blonde is a 10 easily
>>
>muh shitty alt-R&B

it's you whose back should be getting lashed, Anthony
>>
>>73408953
I haven't listened to Franks music yet but I had a couple classes with this really autistic dude that looks just like him. Guy had a really breathy low voice and a small part of me is scared that's what Frank sounds like.
I know it's stupid.
>>
>>73410533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnXtIuYuJUM
>>
hes more pop than rnb but doing shit with calvin harris isnt going to get him taken more seriously
>>
>>73409163
>>73409303
>>73410568
>>73410582
>Liking R&B
KEK
>>
File: 518B9NQ3JFL.jpg (35KB, 305x300px) Image search: [Google]
518B9NQ3JFL.jpg
35KB, 305x300px
>alternative r&b
>r&b

lol, kids...real r&b here
>>
Blonde best album of last year
>>
>>73410765
>writing off a whole genre
>>73410708
i see what you're saying but frank does a lot more vocally than andre is doing there
andre is great and has a whole lot of talents that frank doesn't but the vocal work on blonde is way more complex than that
>>
>>73410582
I really wish I could jump into your mind and figure out where the fuck things went so terribly wrong.
>>
>>73410902
>the vocal work on blonde is way more complex than that
>>
>>73410966
nice meme but like listen to the cuts in nights alone. the layering of different backing tracks is pretty unarguably more dense than andre. they're going for different things. you don't have to like it but you can't say it isn't true
>>
>>73408953
CO > B
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.