[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't think for myself and I need you guys to form an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I can't think for myself and I need you guys to form an opinion about Queens Of The Stone Age for me
thanks xoxo
>>
>>73405320
butt rock
>>
>>73405320
i like them, if you're not it's okay
>>
>>73405335
stop memeing you cuck
buttrock=post grunge
blues rock=/=butt rock
>>
>>73405320
they are a fucking joke
>>
dank. no bad albums. i hear they're one of the best live bands
>>73405867
it's not even just post grunge. butt rock is slow, "emotional", loud-soft post-grunge
>>
Thoughts on new songs?
>>
>>73406012
butt rock
>>
>>73405320
qotsa have been great at times, less so at others.

Kyuss had the better consistency, mostly because Josh wasn't the only member so his songwriting was bouncing off other people more often.
Essential Kyuss records: Blues for the Red Sun and Sky Valley (it's untitled)

QotSA guide:
1. Split-> good if you don't have the reissue of s/t, Spiders and Vinegaroons is one of their best early songs. Here they're darker and more Pere Ubu like than they ever will be after this.
2. s/t-> kind of off to a shaky start, but if you return to this later you'll enjoy it a lot. Retains the darkness, but adds a bit more dance.
3. Rated R-> their most "artsy" album, they take on a lot of different sounds and still make a concerted effort. Here they become less dark and more moody, more blues rock, they even get Mark Lanegan to sing a song.
4. Songs for the Deaf-> their hardest record, and a defining record for the sound of desert rock. Good album for long drives.
5. Lullabies-> here they step back a bit, more mellow and dark, a step towards being a moodier band. The desert rock sound is largely retained, but there's a lot less single-worthy stuff.
6. Era Vulgaris-> here they drop desert rock and start playing with more rhythmic sounds, still pushing further into that personal sound.
7. ...Like Clockwork-> super introspective, eclectic as fuck but yet well put together. This is moody, and still has a lot of single value.
8. Villains-> the acoustic live version of the title track is fantastic, and the teaser was pretty good sounding, but the single sounds eh. I'm expecting a more punky sound, either dance punk or punk blues, but its possible they could pull their Pere Ubu influenced stuff back a bit.
>>
>>73405935
that doesn't sound like a description of QotSA though.
>>73406025
it's not even remotely, wtf.
>>
great band
>>
File: ye.jpg (50KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
50KB, 355x236px
>>73406028
>>
Lullabies is goat
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.