[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a fairly new Zeppelin fan. Can anyone give me some background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0253.jpg (66KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.jpg
66KB, 630x354px
I'm a fairly new Zeppelin fan. Can anyone give me some background info, or origin info, or fun facts, or anything along those lines
>>
>>73391206
theyre shit

literally an excuse of a band for le wrong generation kids to waste money on faded t-shirts from target
>>
>>73391206
yea. listen to black sabbath instead.
>>
>>73391230
Where is your taste? Lol. I'd love to hear the music you listen to because I'm sure it's empty and annoying.
>>
>>73391249
Sabbath is pretty good almost in the Zeppelin league but not quite buddy. As far as I'm concerned lz had more chemistry, originality, creativity, and balls than any other band of that era. They send a certain chill down my spine that just reassures me I'm listening to something that would've never been created for me to hear all these years later if not for those few individuals expressing emotion through simple instruments.
>>
>>73391298
That's was just me trying out my bullshit smart talk. I love writing but haven't written a paper since high school so sometimes I like to sandbox with literature on 4chan. Just another small habit of mine that nobody in my reality will ever understand other than you random souls who were somehow guided by the universe to this comment on this post.
>>
>>73391206

Jimmy Pages was left withe group Yardbirds. Band was on it's last legs & Jimmy was exploring heavir territory & assembled new mwmbers. stuffed a mudshark in a groupie to pen a tome, evil guy crowley's mansion was his home, squeez o lemon, screaamz a lot, drummer died from alcohol not the pot
ensd
>>
They stole blues songs and "electrified" them. Page was an innovator, plant, more of a thief. John Paul Jones and Bonham were also some of the best at what they do.
>>
>>73391298
sabbath made better music. they invented metal one year and then doom/stoner the next. Zeppelin we're a bunch of pedophiles that plagiarized a ton of their music.
>>
>>73391260
frank zappa
>>
>>73391343
Examples of plagiarizing please?
Examples of pedophilia please?
Zeppelin references Tolkien a lot but that's about it
>>
>>73391411
I know The Lemon Song was ripped from Killing Floor. Dazed and Confused from a Jake Holmes song, the intro from Stairway to Heaven (the guitar piece) was from an earlier song whose name escaped me, In My Time of Dying from a song by Blind Willie Johnson and probably more.

As for pedophilia, Jimmy Page did have sexual relation with a 14 year old named Lori Maddox when he was 28.
>>
>>73391411
Plant stole a shit ton of his lyrics, but it's obvious which ones are his. He loved Tolkien. Any "traditional " sounding lyrics were stolen.
>>
>>73391487
Wow. Like I said I am a fairly new LZ fan. But you guys are slowly ruining it for me haha. Had no idea so much of their stuff was ripped from other artists
>>
>>73391536
Nah don't let it ruin the experience, just learn to acknowledge that not every artist is perfect. I mean they still made kick ass versions of others songs
>>
>>73391536
>>73391645
This. Their arrangements of old blues songs were unique. Listen to all of it, then find out who they stole from and listen to that
>>
>I'm a fairy
Stopped reading there
>>
>>73391536
Don't take it seriously. They recycled old blues lyrics from other artists who had already stolen them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
>>
>>73391206
they fucked a roadie with a pufferfish and made some sweet jams
>>
>>73391536
Does someone have that comic with the two girls talking about john lennon? It's pretty appropriate here
>>
Want some advice?
Avoid Led Zepplin like the plague and stick with Cream!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.