[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to get into no wave, educate me on essential albums and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: R-399666-1350521755-1489.jpeg.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-399666-1350521755-1489.jpeg.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
i want to get into no wave, educate me on essential albums and the history of the movement
>>
Some essential albums from the original movement
>Various Artists - No New York (duh)
>Contortions - Buy
>Suicide - Suicide
>DNA - DNA on DNA
>Glenn Branca - The Ascension
>Mars - 78+
Albums heavily influenced by No Wave
>Swans - Filth/Cop/Holy Money/Greed/
>Sonic Youth - s-t/Confusion is Sex/Bad Moon Rising/EVOL
>>
File: FuckingPeppers.jpg (124KB, 1386x1793px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingPeppers.jpg
124KB, 1386x1793px
first there was a band called suicide
this inspire them all
finally a group name mars or dna was loud and made music for trashcans now that everyone killed themself earlier
these garbage bins and lydia lunch who was eating in a garbage can when she hear the sounds become musically trained and try to do a song also
some were successful and became remembered as swans and glenn branca who made garbage for humans reciprocal
some were not successful and nobody knows what they were doing even now and those were referred to as james chance who married lydia even though she was a teenager and this is why she screams when she tries to make a song
eventually a little boy made of music and guitars and glenn branca sperm (he had a love for a guitar) was birthed into a trash can when his guitar mom was too pregnant for a good sound and was thrown away in there
the name of this boy was thurston moore and lee ranaldo it was actually two boys like siamese twins and they call themselves the sonic youths and the implement the no wave trashcan/human dynamic into emo music and that is how we arrived at grunge eventually
>>
>>73383862
i thought Swans WAS no wave not influenced by?
>>
>>73383950
show me a swans no wave album
>>
>>73383907
wew
>>
>>73383907
are you japanese?
>>
>>73383862
thanks for the recs
>>
>>73383973
weren't they essentially making music at the same time and playing at the same clubs as these bands? I mean they are similar musically to Teenage Jesus and the Jerks
>>
File: R-9889750-1488028568-7718.jpeg.jpg (67KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
R-9889750-1488028568-7718.jpeg.jpg
67KB, 600x599px
also good-ass no wave band from japan, members co-founded teenage jesus + contortions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt-RK66h0vY
>>
>>73384056
hence HEAVILY INFLUENCED
>>
>>73383973
>>73384079
Faggot
>>
>>73384378
this
>>
>>73384378>>73384407

homophobes
>>
>>73384421
ill agree if ull agree
>>
>>73384421
Actually you're right that was very homophobic of me, I hope no one is offended
>>
>>73383648
>>73383950
No wave was a movement, a scene. Not a genre of music. This is the reason swans isn't considered no wave. Swans and Sonic youth were formed a little after the emergence of the "classic" no wave groups. However both Micheal gira and Thurston Moore were involved in the scene by way of Glenn branca.
>>
>>73383973
Their s/t EP is about as No Wave as it gets (same with Sonic Youth), though Swans' debut is garbage whereas Sonic Youth's is among the best releases No Wave actually produced
>>
>>73385536
This is a terrible argument because then it would be the exact opposite, the reason they would be No Wave is because they were part of that scene, just not the initial wave, I mean Thurston Moore organized NoiseFest in 1981, that's about as No Wave as you can get
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.