[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What King Crimson album should I listen to next? So far i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What King Crimson album should I listen to next? So far i've only listened to Red and In The Court of The Crimson King.

Also general king crimson thread
>>
>something like ItCotCK
In the Wake of Poseidon

>something jammier
Starless and Bible Black

>shiny 80s prog with polyrhythms
Discipline

>something really unique and good as fuck
Larks' Tongues in Aspid

have fun!
>>
Discipline
>>
id say larks tongue if you liked those albums, discipline if you want to try something completely different
>>
I'd listen to Larks then move onto a different prog artist.
You might like ELP, with the bassist/lead vocalist being Greg Lake who was with King Crimson for In the Court of the Crimson King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxc2-ERPug
>>
>>73368168
listen to tcotck again. Takes a few listens to appreciate all that's going on.
>>
>>73368524
i've listened to it a million times and i love it thats why i want something new
>>
>>73368168
In the Wake of Poseidon if you want more In The Court of the Crimson King.
>>
>>73368498
Emerson Lake And Palmer are pretty fucking good and a good band to listen with King Crimson.
>>
>>73368498
seconding ELP, especially trilogy

also check out tarkus and brain salad surgery OP
>>
Check out Larks Tongues in Aspic, Discipline, and Thrak.
>>73368498
Don't listen to this guy. Keep digging into King Crimson.
>>
King crimson kind of has albums that go together by time period and members.
>In the court
>Wake of Poseidon
Then
>Islands
>Lizard
Then
>Larks tongues
>Starless and Bible black
>Red
Then
>Discipline
>Beat
>Three of a perfect pair
And then the other 3 which I'm not really that into. Branch out that way by what you liked the most.
I'd also recommend listening to some other stuff by them, fripps early stuff, Giles Giles and Fripp especially is really good, and it's impressive how well he plays guitar. McDonald and Giles is also a great album, not very proggy but still great.

Also look into Yes and ELP, they're some of my favorite bands.

Sorry for the messy post, it's 2 am but I'm trying.
>>
>>73370441
Agreed ELP has the worst of the masturbatory tendencies of prog without any adventurousness or edge. A second-rate Yes.
>>
>>73371254
>ELP has the worst of the masturbatory tendencies of prog without any adventurousness or edge.
Explain?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.