[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

someone tell me if this album is literally just soft LOUD soft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Mogwaiyoungteam.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mogwaiyoungteam.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
someone tell me if this album is literally just soft LOUD soft LOUD soft LOUD every song so i can stop listening to it if that's the case
>>
It's not but it sounds like you've made up your mind about it so you should probably just stop listening and maybe consider killing yourself while you're at it.
>>
>>73351029
It's such an easy listen and probably thier best but as other reply stated if you already think you won't like it in your head you're basically screwed
>>
I mean it's the album that made me realize I don't like post-rock, so yeah don't bother as it's as you described (a lot of the genre just repeats crescendos up the ass anyways)
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 1000x727px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 1000x727px
In the time it took you to shit up this board with your idiotic question, you could've listened to the album and found out for yourself.

You are a thinking creature. Do things for yourself.
>>
>>73352023
maybe if you only listen to the most surface level stuff
>>
>>73352062
I've listened to plenty of it, if you want me to drop stuff I actually like from it. Then,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7SaAfCit58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rGmQSto4YY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtfnMG1Kb0U
I simply just don't care for post-rock that stays strictly within the boundaries of the genre. Which is exactly what Mogwai is, pretty safe post-rock.
>>
>>73352023
"post-rock" is such a bullshit umbrella genre that if you use it to categorize one particular sound or approach of music (such as soft LOUD soft LOUD), you've fallen for the meme and are doing yourself an incredible disservice. It's a descriptor woven into Explosions in the Sky, Isis, Russian Circles, Mogwai, Appleseed Cast, Tortoise, Godspeed... the list is exhaustive. None of those bands sound alike. You wouldn't dismiss any record that incorporated electronics just because you listened to an Autechre record and found it boring.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.