[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with prog rock artists going pop rock? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: prop.jpg (258KB, 1130x226px) Image search: [Google]
prop.jpg
258KB, 1130x226px
What's up with prog rock artists going pop rock? Why does it happen this often?
>>
Money?
>>
It was the 80's and prog rock lost whatever popularity it had in the 70's after punk and new wave came. Most of those bands were trying to stay relevant.
>>
it's always been hard for me to differentiate between pop rock and prog rock
>>
>>73349934
for yes, it actually made a lot of sense
their album prior was written with both members of the buggles as members of the band, with video killed the radio star essentially being a defacto commencement for new wave becoming pop

chris becoming friends with trevor rabin after that only fueled them going in a pop prog direction -- it was inevitable, if you know the actual history of that album

abacab also made a lot of sense: duke and abacab are the first genesis albums created post collins solo career. collins himself is a huge motown fan and applied that to songwriting - they still stayed somewhat "prog" (i mean, the lead single from that album is like 7 minutes long and dodo/lurker still sounds like an art-rock song) while collins tried out new songwriting techniques to make up for the lack of hackett or gabriel. that, combined with hype over collins' solo albums, meant it was probably inevitable

tull became irrelevant, camel was never relevant, and derek shulman has been a shill for pop music since his greedy little scottish fingers touched money after free hand got to like, 178 on the charts
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.