[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this album, along with the single "Good Vibrations",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: petsounds.jpg (784KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
petsounds.jpg
784KB, 800x801px
Why is this album, along with the single "Good Vibrations", seen as so incredibly important to the history of pop and rock music?
>>
it was an album meant for listening to instead of dancing to. among the first of this nature. along similar lines, it was a cohesive album rather than just a collection of singles. helped usher in the "album era" and elevate rock.
>>
>>73344588
>it was a cohesive album rather than just a collection of singles
true, but one could argue that Rubber Soul started this trend. Indeed said album was the main inspiration for Pet Sounds
>>
>>73344443
it's not a question you can ask in that way. The album is very meaningful to many people who hear it, it touched a strong chord in me personally as a young man in the world. It is seen as important simply because of how good it is and different from their other work.
>>
Why is this album, along with the single "Strawberry Fields Forever", seen as so incredibly important to the history of pop and rock music?
>>
>>73345864
i'm sure this is a very expressed opinion on /mu/ (it's been several years since i've been on here) but there are so many better albums than sgt. pepper, I really don't understand why people consider it the definitive beatles album let alone the definitely 60s pop or psych rock album. I used to dislike it but i've come around to appreciating it for what it is, although i still believe it's highly undeserving of its praise compared to say even rubber soul or revolver

the same could be said about pet sounds really, i'm surprised how it's everywhere on /mu/ now, i guess with the film and autobiography really focusing on it, it's grown in popularity (although it's always been popular with people)

it's just a shame that people overlook the 67-77 material
>>
>>73346375
i think that the smile sessions are way better than pet sounds
>>
>>73344443
That's a good question, especially when everybody knows The Smile Sessions and Cabin Essence are the patrician's choice!
>>
>>73346412
>>73346428
on the off chance that one of you isn't being facetious, there's a wealth of material outside of the smile stuff and 2011's smile sessions, while nice, was not a definitive version in any way for me

sure i'll see a friends or sunflower or surf's up discussion but they're far and few in between compared to PS or SS memeing

it's reduced america's band and probably the greatest pop musician, maybe contemporary musician/composer of our era into just a meme
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.