[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here knows of some good music related jobs that dont require

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1491477669237.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491477669237.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
Who here knows of some good music related jobs that dont require degrees? I know music/theory/gear pretty well but i never went to school for it. I'm tired of busting my ass as a mechanic and would rather get a job i somewhat enjoy until hopefully i can make enough money gigging with my band to make ends meet
>>
You're never going to find a music "job" that you won't hate just as much as being a mechanic.

If you're going to do music, you need to go balls to the wall and just do everything yourself.

Don't expect anyone to help you either.
>>
>>73340008
you won't make money in music

by design

run the other way
>>
>>73340008
Use being a mechanic as motivation to start doing music with a band, and then just maybe an opportunity will fall right in your lap
>>
>>73340210
How does one go balls to the wall and still make money to survive?

>>73340235
Thanks for the advice anon, i have been trying to take my utter disgust for working a shit job in a shit town for shit pay and turn that into some good emotional music.
>>
>>73340222
Fuck i guess trips dont lie, might as well be a mechanic the rest of my life
>>
>>73340008
McDonald's cashier
>>
>>73340446
you'll thank me when you're 30
>>
>>73340210
This is not true. I have a job as a house engineer and I got there because a small studio took me in and allowed me to work as a cable runner for a while. The senior engineers were very nice and taught me more in a few weeks than I could have done on my own in years. Eventually they knew that they had taught me enough to take on commercial sessions myself and hired me full time last summer
>>
>>73340008
>Who here knows of some good music related jobs that dont require degrees?
>I know music/theory/gear pretty well but i never went to school for it.
you could be a sound guy. Pays badly and people treat you like shit but its not hard
>>
>>73340673
still not a good job

Most engineers are barely making minimum wage at this point.
>>
>>73340718
where are you pulling this from? Even when I worked as a runner I didn't make minimum wage

It's not a shit job either, the guys I work with and myself love coming to work every day. Like any job there are some days that suck, but the job itself is not shit
>>
>>73340008
Blues music
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.