[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>INSANE, AGGRESSIVE, IN-YOUR-FACE, ANIMALISTIC VERSES >CLUNKY,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

>INSANE, AGGRESSIVE, IN-YOUR-FACE, ANIMALISTIC VERSES
>CLUNKY, HEAVY DRUM BEATS
>FUZZY, SOMEWHAT DISTORTED BASSLINES
>WALL OF EAR-PIERCING NOISE AND SINISTER MELODIES FLYING IN AND CREATING SONIC MAYHEM

no this is not a meme, he is literally saying these things in this review. I don't know how many layers of irony this dude occupies but he sure as shit has become a parody of himself at least ten times over.
>>
>>73339131
but is this the album good though?
>>
>>73339131
he's making le nu-male face
>>
well, how else is he supposed to describe the instrumentation and atmosphere of the album without using specific vocabulary?
>>
>>73339131
>FUZZY, SOMEWHAT DISTORTED BASSLINES
this is a fact
>>
What's wrong with any of these statements? They're fine to me
>>
>>73339161
>>73339170
>>73339172
this board is dead
>>
>>73339292
and you'll still come everyday for as long as you live
>>
>>73339292
Get over yourself
>>
>>73339131
and you faggots still click his stuff.
>>
>>73339292
provide three sentences about this album which describe it better and clearer, to a normal audience
otherwise fuck off
>>
>>73339170
I don't understand how OP doesn't get that fuzzy distorted basslines are a thing
>>
>>73339172
when you greentext in caps lock and put le funny face next to them they're obviously wrong
>>
Does anyone know if he's doing a classics week soon?
>>
>>73339145
>INSANE, AGGRESSIVE, IN-YOUR-FACE, ANIMALISTIC VERSES
>i just gave my nigga head
ok

>>73339145
yeah but the middle part is lacking
>>
>>73339131
listen to a real SATURATION review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-beAO01UU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>73339131
>ayo dis is my nigga paulo
>fuck da police hombre

*stops listening and disregards fantasia's opinion until next time*
>>
This album is like a 7/10. It's pretty solid and enjoyable, but a lot of the hooks are absolute shit and the bars themselves aren't anyting crazy special

The melon really overdid it with this one. This is one of his worst reviews/ratings I've ever seen from him. I understand him liking it, but a fucking 9? Seriously? All of his dickriding fans are gonna overrate these guys now
>>
>>73339161
He can describe the time signatures, melodies and chord progressions. No other descriptions of music matter anyway.
>>
>>73339172
>>73339170
>>73339161

The point is that he is using purple prose to describe the album, when he really doesn't have a lot to say.

The production is not too far away from the popular banger beats that we are familiar with from people such as Metro or Zaytoven.

They're just different in group composition and style and a lot of things mesh.

I just hate when he goes on those prose tangents cause he just sounds pretentious and annoying.
>>
>>73340203

wtf
>>
>>73339131
>>INSANE, AGGRESSIVE, IN-YOUR-FACE, ANIMALISTIC VERSES
>>CLUNKY, HEAVY DRUM BEATS
>>FUZZY, SOMEWHAT DISTORTED BASSLINES
this perfectly describes the first song, heat, which is all these things except for a "fuzzy" bassline
>>
>>73340227
thats what he wanted

either someone paid him off or he discovered that he himself can launch certain groups into stardom as a generosity
>>
>>73339131

>clunky heavy drum beats
>fuzzy somewhat distorted bass

I dont get whats wrong with these descriptors m8
>>
>group bigger than OF
>...
>the guys who don't have the greatest flows don't talk complete nonsense (besides merlyn sometimes, wtf?)
fucking finally, those idiots like taco and jasper literally ruined OF
>>
>>73340172
>chooses a line that he obviously wasn't talking about to try to make him look stoopid
Lol kek my dudes, rite?
>>
>>73340238
wow you're literally autistic
>>
>>73340227
>melon likes an album a little more than you
>HIS WORST RATING EVER
>>
>>73340227
>hates on anthony
>makes a post that sounds like it could have come straight out of anthony's mouth
wew
>>
9/10s are hard to come by in this world

they should be worked for and cherished
>>
>>73339305
Holy fuck i don't think he can recover from that.
>>
>>73340203
this is fucking gold
>>
>>73340238
You fuckin stupid brody
>>
>>73339161
Every decent persuasive music analysis does it, but if it's all you're doing it comes across as superficial.
>>
>>73339131
I don't get the problem, it's a good description of how the album sounds
>>
DERANGED EDGY VERSES BORDERING ON BEING SILLY
CLUTERED CLUNKY DRUM BEATS
BASSLINE IN SEARCH OF ITSELF
WALL OF INCOMPREHENSIBLE EAR-PIERCING NOISE AND LOOSE MELODIES COMICALLY POPPING IN AND CREATING AN ABSURD MISHAP

this is why melon head isn't to be taken seriously
>>
ITT: autists and brainlets doesn't understand words
>>
>giving a shit about some faggot with mediocre safe taste
mu would be better off without him
>>
>>73340203
lls
>>
>>73345138
See>>73345050 >>73340245
>>
>>73339131
They all make sense dude. I don't even see his reviews. But those words, if not technical, give you a clear picture of the sound.
>>
>>73340238
>Time signatures
>Whole tape is in 4/4

>>73340245
So he describes the music? What is he supposed to say? All music critics do what he does, Scaruffi and Christgau included. Their reviews tend to be much SHORTER too
>>
>>73340238
Yeah? So he should just show the partitures huh?
>>
>>73339131
People actually watch music reviews?
>>
>>73339145
It is alright
STAR
FAKE
are the best tracks
>7/10
>>
>>73345523

I don't know anything about Scaruffi and Christgau, but you said it yourself; at least the reviews are shorter.

It's about how to say as much as possible while being concise which he isn't doing. It is an important skill in journalism. It's not good to not cultivate that in writing; doesn't matter if 'everyone' does it.
>>
his reviews really dont need to be that long, does he just make them that length for the yt revenue?
>>
>>73346160
This guy gets it. They really don't, people forget about that aspect. his channels is like his full time job now.
>>
>>73340172
Only "ok" songs were bank and trip. The rest of it is great.
>>
>>73339131
Someone give me a zippy of the album. I'll be the judge,
>>
>>73339131
This is probably one of the most original and unique hip hop albums of the year. Being a young bastard who roams with other bastards who are into the mumble sound cloud trash music, this is refreshing.
>>
>steamy distant horns
>>
>>73340156
I think the Animals vinyl was an indicator that it's coming real soon. Melon's contemporary reviews are pushed out at a volume to stay relevant, but he never gives the album enough time to really absorb it. I guess that's just due to working solo, but his classic reviews are much better because of that.

Honestly, if he just lowered his output of content and didn't feel obligated to push out a review immediately (I think he review the new Death Grips EP in less than a day after it dropped), I think our biggest issues with him wouldnt be as evident.
>>
>>73339292
boo hoo

It honestly is better than not talking about the music itself
>>
this album just sounds like a bunch of kids trying to be frank ocean

it just made me want to listen to frank ocean instead
>>
>>73348220
this
>>
>>73339336
odd future but they're all talented and work well as a cohesive group.

cool bangers with funny lyrics interwoven with emotional pop songs that feel like emo where they use pitch alterations and autotune very tastefully.

its pretty good you should listen to it.
>>
>>73339161
go make some more content, Anthony
>>
>>73348220
>>73348327
>frank ocean
>rapping

ok
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.