[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you bring yourself to listen to [x]'s entire discography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1495912130979.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495912130979.gif
2MB, 400x250px
How do you bring yourself to listen to [x]'s entire discography? I always pick the songs I heard somewhere and liked and play them till I get tired of them, which means I eventually miss on the rest. But the idea of listening to entire LP that might have shit songs on it is just too boring.
>>
neo-/mu/, everyone
>>
>>73337899
Jokes you, I don't even post here.
>>
summer is here.
maybe next year in sophmore year of highschool, you will move away from this top 40 hit mentality and start listening to albums as a whole. if an artist can't produce an album that is at least 1/2 good, then they are probably a shit artist.

if you can't appreciate an album as a project, a whole work of art, then go to plebbit, where you can listen to song after song of unfulfilling listening. maybe make a spotify playlist or something
>>
We know you don't. Not listening to an album is the most pleb thing one can do.
>>
>>73337951
deep
>>
>>73337889
How do you bring yourself to accept that you're missing so much of what an artist is trying to say?

Looking back on what my listening habits used to be, the idea that an album "only has one bad song!" being a good thing is so weird. If the artists that you like can't make just twelve or so songs you enjoy in a row, how good are they really?
>>
>>73337889
I'm curious what your tastes are now, since you don't listen to albums. Who are your favorite artists?
>>
>>73338021
the chainsmokers
>>
>>73337997
nothing deep about it. when i started getting later in my highschool years, i started to hate my music collection of singles and i consciously started only putting on music if the album was good. eventually i would listen through and pick up a few songs on the album or none and not keep it. its a good way to build up your library.

don't worry, i won't tell you are an underage faggot who can't even listen to an album due to his chromosome deficiency
>>
funny that in an age where music is essentially free and available that people have become even more picky about what they want, because they have millions of free tracks.
it's like a feedback loop of entitlement
>>
In practice, every album has at least one bung track on it, and often an overplayed single makes more sense in the context of the album it's on.
>>
>>73338085
astute observation. its a great connection between available choices due to technology and entitlement because of its availability. fuck having taste and not just wasting time on shit just because its there. somehow that entitlement i guess?
>>
>>73338145
yeah it's not really entitlement, but sort of similar, more of a way of dealing with the burden of having millions of free tracks to listen to

i think because we removed the financial value, what remains is the social currency of having heard it, so it becomes a chore to have to tick all the boxes, just to say you know about it
>>
>>73338021
Only albums I listen to entirely are Synthwave or Vaporwave
>>
>>73337889
What if his wife is sleeping next to him? Wouldn't the gun hit her in the head before he had the chance to fully pull it out? That criminal would fuck his shit up in that small window and rip that gun out of his hands

Shit invention, try again
>>
>>73338174
>You are taking this way to serious mate. Calm down.
Listening to an album is way too serious and deep... I'm past the point of being mad, I'm just curious to see how low can this board possibly sink.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.