[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I won free tickets to see King Crimson at the Greek Theater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (393KB, 1500x1489px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
393KB, 1500x1489px
So I won free tickets to see King Crimson at the Greek Theater in two weeks, anyone know what their concerts are like?
>>
>>73333307
Everyone's sitting, no one's enjoying themselves. and then they say it was good in the lobby afterwards. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>73333616
i believe this hahah
>>
>>73333616
but seriously though, what songs might they play, what's with the whole three drummers thing, what does it add.
>>
>>73333689
keeps Fripps autism at bay
>>
Make sure to stand up and whoop and clap.
They like it when you take photos and always play song requests.
>>
>>73333849
no, but actually
>>
The setlist is mostly stuff from the 70s with occasional 90s and 00s stuff. The band is very tight and percussion based, since there's four drummers. It is a very musically interesting concert experience and you will enjoy it.
>>73333616
People are enjoying themselves. It's just not the kind of concert to jump up and down to. The people go to see and massively enjoy the amazing musicianship of the band. Why do you assume people have to be going wild to have a good time? You're going into it with the wrong mindset.
>>
Saw them in New York in September 2014, it's sort of like going to a very good classical or jazz concert - it's very much art music in how it is presented. I had a wonderful time but it's not like getting buzzed at a show and swaying to reverb.
>>
>>73334090
That's cool. Would they play anything off their first LP? That's my personal favorite, though the 70's stuff like Starless, Lark's Tongue and Aspic pt. 1, and Islands are pretty great

>>73334127
Yeah, can't say I'm one for that (I don't drink yet, so that might play a factor). So far, my favorite concert I've been to was a GY!BE concert, and that was sit down so I'm looking forward to King Crimson if the format is going to be how you described.
>>
>>73333849
>and always play song requests.
I sense your sarcasm. However, I saw them in 2000 Construktion of Light Tour and I yelled out for Dinosaur. (Sorry was a little lit, seeing a band I had always wanted to see) It was the last song they played and Belew threw me a pick.

People are right though. Expect a weird uptight crowd. Lot of older people (like me). And this three trio or whatever it is they're touring looks even more uptight than when I saw them. (Fripp, Gunn, Mastelotto, Belew.)
>>
>>73334159
They play a couple songs from In the Court, yeah. Expect fresh takes on the old material. And don't take pictures unless Tony Levin is taking pictures.
>>
>>73334187
I will keep that in mind. I usually don't take pictures while a concert is going on, but what about after the concert, would it matter?
>>
>>73334221
After the concert you're probably fine. Robert Fripp just hates pictures being taken during performances, to the point of asking audience members to pass their cameras up to the stage if he sees a picture being taken (though this is not common).
>>
>>73333307
robert fripp is awful
>>
>>73333307
Bring a quadcopter with a camera and fly it around the stage. Fripp will love it
>>
>>73336566
>>73334260
>>73334221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl69qnWbQ_M
>>
>>73336566
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.