[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cage the elephants self titled album is my favorite rock album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
>>
>>73330622
I think its a great album, but I do prefer other rock albums over this one. But hey if you like it you like it right?
>>
>>73330679
>you like it
Yeah sad that they moved away from this sound but in my mind this album is exactly how I think rock and roll should sound. Or at least feel. The second album comes close too
>>
It's actually pretty good. Definitely underrated. Still incredibly far from being the best rock album ever made, though.
>>
My opinion on the album or my opinion on it being your favourite album?
>>
I always thought they were an average band but after I saw them at the KROQ wienie roast they quickly became one of my new favorite bands. I think their 2nd album is better though.
>>
>>73331123
Your opinion on the album
(Or maybe if you were gonna rant about how it's garbage that would be interesting too)
But no just opinion on album
>>
>>73331160
Yeah it has songs like sabertooth tiger Indy kids and Japanese Buffalo
And for the slower parts it has rubber ball and shake me down.
That album is really good
>>
>>73331160
Their second album is just Pixies worship though
>>
>>73331203
basically. I really wanna like this band but everytime i listen to them I just think of other bands that have done their ideas better
>>
>>73331203
It's funny because I don't like pixies really. Maybe I haven't listen to them a lot. But I can't hear the similarities in their music
>>
It's a good record but OP you clearly have listened to very little music
>>
>>73331234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZBmcSBoRAE
if this doesn't sound like Pixies to you you're tripping
>>
>>73331194
Flow is nice
>>
>>73331280
Alright I just revisited the pixies and yeah I agree now they sound a lot like them. Idk what song I must've heard. But yeah I might start listening to them more actually
But that doesn't stop me from loving CTE's early stuff
>>
>>73331315
Ever heard the song carry me in by them I think it's a b side to that song. It's really good and it gives off a similar vibe. You'd probably like it
>>
>>73331333
nice trips. there's nothing wrong with liking them tho. I like plenty of bands that play off older styles
>>
>>73331612
Yeah I see it as a kind of mix between punk and rock that the pixies created and then Nirvana came along and dumbed it down a bit and then cage the elephant mixed them both
With the pixie sound and Nirvanas listenability and image
Also cage the elephant took inspiration from pavement too
>>
>>73331231
Yeah, it's so obvious Matt Shultz totally tried to imitate the cadence in Black Francis' voice on this song in Thank You Happy Birthday. Super obvious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRpANN4NF8
>>
>>73331915
Yes I hear it. I still like cte and I like the pixies too why cant we like both
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.