[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay for a producer to play live and not really do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 28

File: grimessss.jpg (276KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
grimessss.jpg
276KB, 833x1000px
Is it okay for a producer to play live and not really do anything apart from press play on a pre-mixed set?
>>
morally, it shouldn't be but people do it all the time and there's no stopping them.
>>
>>73320173
Not only is it okay, it's earned the likes of david guetta Millions
>>
the bloke from sleaford mods that plays the laptop should inspire us all
>>
File: 1488168342154.jpg (184KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
1488168342154.jpg
184KB, 782x782px
>>73320173
>not really do anything apart from press play
WAT?
>>
pls stop posting my waifu
>>
>>73320173
I usually avoid Grimes threads, but I'll admit that she looks kind of cute in that photo. :|
>>
>>73320268
she's probably only pretending to play in sync to the backing track
>>
>>73320268
>implying she can actually play guitar
i've heard the guitar tracking in her music. it sounds like it was played by a child who doesn't even know how to hold a guitar correctly. and that was the studio material. i can only imagine the atrocity of her "playing" guitar live
>>
sure. if their heart's in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGj27OOpr9Y
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>73320418
>implying
>it sounds like
>implies
ROFLMAO
>>
>>73320173
The fans certainly think so.
>>
>>73320455
i can't say i understand this post
>>
>>73320268
https://youtu.be/S2XE0YG7ilc?t=55s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVORnpT5yHQ
Is this what you'd call a competent guitar player? Not to mention the incredible vocal performance.
>>
File: 1488654901790.jpg (111KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1488654901790.jpg
111KB, 890x890px
>>73320494
>competent guitar player
Nobody said anything about competent.
That said yeah, she wasn't, she is now.
>>
File: 921ff541.png (407KB, 648x428px) Image search: [Google]
921ff541.png
407KB, 648x428px
>>73320173
if the crowd have no problem with that, why not?

now: why did you post her? she's doing much more than pressing play: she sings, manipulates samples (start/stop/filtering), real time mixing, manipulates vocals pedals and effects board, plays a synth, a guitar and syndrums.
>>
>>73320494
>https://youtu.be/S2XE0YG7ilc?t=55s
for fucks sake this is infuriating. how are people cheering?
>>
>>73320455
You okay, Frank?
>>
>>73320519
>Nobody said anything about competent.
Then what are you doing playing in front of a live audience?
>That said yeah, she wasn't, she is now.
The performances I've linked were from a year ago, so, can you prove that she's gotten better? It's not that I'm really affected by that, but do it for argument sake.
>>
>>73320494
>>73320519
>>73320418
she plays guitar competently enough to fit her music. simple =/= bad. her music required simple riffs: why she must play complicated riffs? just because?
>>
>>73320522
to annoy you. now seriously, they're cheering because they like what they hear. that riff is simple yet very addictive.

repetition (withing certain limits) is one of the things that make music likeable. just ask neu!, tangerine dream, juan atkins and kraftwerk.
>>
>>73320557
Yeah, I'd say Neu! and Tangerine Dream are slightly more competent than her. Not to mention that they were innovators and are historically significant and influential.
>>
>>73320533
>Then what are you doing playing in front of a live audience?
this so much. that's the part that pisses me off more than anything. the fact that she has the audacity to perform that on stage while dancing around and acting like she's the second coming of christ. she's playing three notes (not even three chords) three notes on the bottom string of the guitar. it's nauseating.

that shit is on the same level as when lil wayne tried to play guitar (note how people are still cheering just like in that grimes vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g762REJWcg
>>
>>73320571
Not to mention that people are actually paying to hear all of that.
>>73320537
Yeah, when it becomes "simple" enough that someone who's never touched guitar before can play it, wouldn't you agree that's just a bit much? And again, people are paying to hear that, she wasn't busking.
>>
>>73320533
>Then what are you doing playing in front of a live audience?
you can do art even without being competent at an instrument. art is subjective. if people like your art you can do anything. and ffs, she's competent at playing simple riffs.
>>
>>73320557
it's not even about repetition. it's about simplicity and lack of variation. there's a difference between doing this for artistic reasons and doing this because you lack the ability to do anything else. grimes undoubtedly falls into the latter category
>>
>>73320598
Competent at playing simple riffs? You're just grasping at straws now. Please refer to:
>>73320596
>>
>>73320568
>Not to mention that they were innovators and are historically significant and influential.
irrelevant to this discussion. you're just saying the consensus. we're judging here purely from a musical point of view.

if you pretend that her simple guitar riffs are not worthy of mention while praising the simple repeated motorik beats of neu! and repeated simple sequences of td (their early stuff consisted of a lot of repetition), you're a huge hypocrite. you know it.

don't talk shit about her guitar playing just because it seems too simple 4 u. it does its job and it does it very well.
>>
>>73320603
>Competent at playing simple riffs?
yes. her music required those simple riffs and she played them in a competent manner. it's about sticking to the song and not do guitar wanking to impress elitists like you.

also see this >>73320641
>>
>>73320641
>if you pretend that her simple guitar riffs are not worthy of mention while praising the simple repeated motorik beats of neu! and repeated simple sequences of td (their early stuff consisted of a lot of repetition), you're a huge hypocrite. you know it.
Hypocrite? Do you know why they were creating that music? To counter and challenge the status quo, because of the fact that Nazis were still in power, even after the second world war. If that's not genuine enough for you, I'm not sure what is. And while krautrock is minimalistic, repetitive and for the most part not extremely technically challenging, it was innovative and musicians like Brian Eno worked and were inspired by those bands. So I'd say that what they did had merit.
>don't talk shit about her guitar playing just because it seems too simple 4 u. it does its job and it does it very well.
Too simple 4 u? Like, what's there to even say to this? I could teach you how to play that right now and you could play that riff live without a problem. And people were paying for it. You know what you do in those situations? Hire session musicians.
>>
>>73320641
>>73320649
she is literally just playing I-III-II for the entire song. not only is that simple, but it's also the most uncreative progression in the history of music. she's actually just playing the first three notes of a major scale. even neu (a band that was based around the concept of minimalism [unlike grimes]) had more interesting and engaging guitar lines than that.

what she's playing in that song is the most amateurish thing i've ever seen passed off as professional music. and as a musician it's actually sickening
>>
>>73320649
>it's about sticking to the song and not do guitar wanking to impress elitists like you.
So, any instrument played above the level of the person who's touched an instrument once is just wank? Got it. And:
>Yeah, when it becomes "simple" enough that someone who's never touched guitar before can play it, wouldn't you agree that's just a bit much? And again, people are paying to hear that, she wasn't busking.
>>
>>73320268
you only go to see her in person anyway
>>
It's funny how this thread was about pressing play, but now it's about not being Steve Vai
>>
oh fuck it's one of those threads
>>
>>73320706
No one bothered to reply to this though:
>>73320466
And I think fans are the problem in that sense.
>>
jesus fucking christ cant you cunts have this conversation in private? this cunt doesnt warrant so much attention at all and you know why. fucking cucks will defend this
>>
>>73320678
>Hypocrite? Do you know why they were creating that music? To counter and challenge the status quo, because of the fact that Nazis were still in power, even after the second world war. If that's not genuine enough for you, I'm not sure what is. And while krautrock is minimalistic, repetitive and for the most part not extremely technically challenging, it was innovative and musicians like Brian Eno worked and were inspired by those bands. So I'd say that what they did had merit.
what you said here is context and history. i don't talk about their intentions or whatever. i'm talking about how their music SOUNDS LIKE. large fragments of their music sound as simple as grimes' simple riffs. you know that.

listen to hallogallo. that beat is even simpler than grimes' flesh without blood guitar riff. listen to these 2 samples:
https://clyp.it/1kleaxqf
https://clyp.it/xvblgsim

see how that grimes sample is even more complex than neu!? it's not that simple as it seems.

so: stop being such an elitist! try judging music without relying so much on context and on that music historians deemed as good music. stop talking shit about an artist even the simple riffs she plays are at least on the same level as some of the riffs played by legends.
>>
>>73320802
dude shut the fuck up.
>>
no you're not doing her any favors at all. if you needed to prove she's good in the first place then it's effectively admitting how shit she is. you know she's shit, we know she's shit
>>
>>73320820
>stop talking about music
not gonna happen. i have one advice for a shitposter like you: leave.
>>
>>73320838
is it me, or you seem mad because her fans btfo your flimsy arguments? deal with it, friendo.
>>
>>73320802
are you that guy who compared her with death grips and tried to establish links between them? if not what are your thoughts on that whole thing? i expect another /mutant to know rite
>>
>>73320802
anon, you can't just ignore context and history and then proceed to compare two different music acts from nearly 50 years apart.

that's like saying the lascaux cave paintings are shit because they don't look like rembrandt. it's just pure ignorance
>>
>>73320855
you're mad because you're mentally ill and can't accept things not going your way
>>
>>73320802
see
>>73320693
>>
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>73320885
fucking this. /thread
>>
>>73320882
do you know how annoying that is? or is it just artificial content? i know you're not actually here to interact with people so
>>
This wack job doesn't deserve the attention you guys are giving him.
>>
>>73320600
>it's about simplicity and lack of variation.
what the hell are you talking about? lack of variation? do you even have ears? the riff is not identical during the whole song.

here's the whole instrumental of flesh without blood, the song debated here: https://clyp.it/yirceuzk

now explain how that riff is lacking variation. also you're forgetting about the interplay between that riff and the other things, such as the beats. simple things interweaved to make something complex.
>>
>>73320856
i'm not that guy. tbch i don't like death grips except this awesome mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgshhTHxSNc
>>
>>73320802
And 15 second clips are enough to prove that she is "more complex" than krautrock artists? I'm not sure why I'm even bothering at this point. Music historians deemed good music? I just explained how Brian Eno was influenced by them, along with many other musicians who aren't even close to ambient music. And what's this now? It's bad to take advice from people who've taken the time and devoted their lives to music and understanding music theory and compositional techniques? No one should dare be so selfless and listen to people who are more versed into a given topic than them? Talking shit? Oh, right, because being so bold as to dare offer a different opinion is simply talking shit... And Steve Vai for example can play Zappa's songs, even though his work is largely hit and miss. Not to mention that he hasn't been nearly prolific as him, even though he's clearly miles above him in guitar technique.
>>
File: nigga you serious.jpg (101KB, 1000x1655px) Image search: [Google]
nigga you serious.jpg
101KB, 1000x1655px
>>73320268
>Grimesfags
>>
File: 400px-Keith_Strickland.jpg (34KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Keith_Strickland.jpg
34KB, 400x600px
>>73320693
People have made entire professional careers out of one string melodies. >pic related
You sound ass mad just because someone else does it. If someone practices an hour a day, with some ability and little effort they can get proficient in a year, some take longer.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>73320494
>https://youtu.be/S2XE0YG7ilc?t=55s [Embed]
LMAO
>>
File: YOU.jpg (286KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
YOU.jpg
286KB, 857x1202px
>>73320940
>Grimesfags
>>
>>73320494
At first I thought the grimesposting was a joke, but it never stopped. They continue to post paragraphs of defenses against her above mediocre music.
>>
>>73320902
lol wut
>>
>>73320926
>>73320870
do you realize that context is all made up and completely subjective? you can't see the truth because you're blinded by context. because of this context, a piece of shit painting that could be done by a kid could cost millions.

ignore the context and judge music as it is. how it actually sounds like. to claim that grimes sucks because she did simple guitar riffs while blatantly ignoring the fact that many acclaimed krautrock bands did even simpler riffs, it's frankly ridiculous.

the context doesn't fool me.
>If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

same thing for a simple riff. it's simple no matter if it was made by grimes, beethoven or neu!. in other words: a simple riff it's actually not more valuable just because it was made by a legend. it's a fucking riff.
>>
>>73320923
so ... no fucking thoughts at all on that other guy? you don't find that curious in any way?
>>
>>73320947
this. he's really mad that an artist he hates (grimes) dared to make a simple riff.
>>
>>73321006
>her above mediocre music.
above mediocre could mean amazing music too. it's above mediocre? it is.
>>
>>73320926
you're being epic trollfaced by a dull fuck
>>
>>73321044
>trying to undermine my music arguments
>retard thinks that music arguments = trolling
you don't like fair play, don't you, fuckwit?
>>
>>73321019
>many acclaimed krautrock bands did even simpler riffs, it's frankly ridiculous.
>acclaimed krautrock bands
>acclaimed

and here's where your hypocrisy lies anon. do you know why neu was acclaimed? it sure as hell wasn't just based on the way the music sounded. if someone made an album like neu! s/t today, then it would go largely unnoticed. the reason why so many people love neu is because they were the first band to sound like that. do you know what that means? they are acclaimed because of cultural context.
>>
>>73321068
i like to play with your dads dick
>>
this guy is fucking insufferable.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170612_154015.png (729KB, 1806x669px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612_154015.png
729KB, 1806x669px
>>73321044
>you're being epic trollfaced by a dull fuck
Probably. That's why I've been saging, but that obviously hasn't helped much.
>>
>>73321019
It's not about simplicity or minimalism. But everyone so conveniently ignored this:
>>73320596
>Yeah, when it becomes "simple" enough that someone who's never touched guitar before can play it, wouldn't you agree that's just a bit much? And again, people are paying to hear that, she wasn't busking.
>>
File: a2222188849_10.jpg (160KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
a2222188849_10.jpg
160KB, 768x768px
>>73320571
>>73320596
the hate is strong in both of you. it's pretty funny that she's so successful while you are probably failed artists.

listen up: in music it doesn't matter guitar wankery. it doesn't matter if you know all music theory. it matters if you deliver music that sounds great to your audience. it matters if you do more with less. if you play such a simple riff but against a complex barrage of beats and melodies. it matters the overall impact of the piece. you don't see the forest because of the trees.

check my bloody valentine. their riffs are fucking simple, but the overall impact of their music is huge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4-5gHR3_Kg grimes and mbv know very well about the concept of building complexity with simple elements.
>>
>>73321166
>listen up: in music it doesn't matter guitar wankery. it doesn't matter if you know all music theory. it matters if you deliver music that sounds great to your audience
You can apply this to every artist ever
>>
can you faggots stop responding to that autist, you're feeding his mental illness
>>
>>73321114
it's not like the rest of the catalog is better than her threads. in fact 95% of it sucks.
>>
>>73320537
Lol fuck off with these apologetics. Her playing is so dreadfully simple it is bad.
>>
>>73321166
>it's pretty funny that she's so successful while you are probably failed artists.
it's actually funny because i know i'm a much better artist than her. i don't care about her success because your idea of success doesn't mean jack shit. i don't make art so i can get popular and become some public icon. i don't care about fame. especially if the fame was attained through pandering to the dumb masses. i used to play in a fairly popular indie pop band but i quit because that wasn't the kind of music i wanted to play and i wanted to keep my artistic integrity.

i make music to express myself and to put something that i consider to be beautiful into the world.

there is no jealousy here. if anything it's pity
>>
>>73321166
>the hate is strong in both of you. it's pretty funny that she's so successful while you are probably failed artists.
Again, being so bold as to offer a different opinion is hate. The second sentence is an ad hominem attack of no relevance. Not to mention that you can't possibly prove any of it. And I'd consider Loveless a masterpiece. I've actually learned how to play songs from it.
>it matters if you deliver music that sounds great to your audience
Appeal to popularity. Is every musician who's popular and widely known equally as good as the others? That's not how it works.
>>
>>73321183
of course. that was my point. those 2 other anons
>>73320571
>>73320596
were really mad that grimes managed to gather an audience by playing simple riffs. but they don't hear the stuff besides the riffs. the riffs are just the cherry on top. it's about the overall impact of the song. hence the mbv comparison.
>>
>>73321255
>were really mad that grimes managed to gather an audience by playing simple riffs
There's no need for these totally irrelevant ad hominem attacks. Do you have telepathic abilities all of a sudden?
>>
File: 1471637430296.jpg (46KB, 720x805px) Image search: [Google]
1471637430296.jpg
46KB, 720x805px
>>73320494
THIS is the chick that people are calling artist of the decade?? Jesus Christ
>>
>>73321230
>Her playing is so dreadfully simple it is bad.
...said the failed musician. that's why she's on stage playing to thousands of people adoring her while you're bitching on moo. her playing is simple yet effective. she took a lesson from all those diy punks, her being a diy artist herself.

stop being mad and accept the realiti (pun intended).
>>
File: 1442096045916.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
1442096045916.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>73321244
>i wanted to keep my artistic integrity.
>>
>>73321281
Not him, but where are you even going with these ad hominem attacks and accusations you can't even possibly begin to prove.
>>
>>73321244
>i know i'm a much better artist than her.
super bold statement. would you mind sharing some of your music?

>there is no jealousy here. if anything it's pity
pity? she doesn't need your pity. you're just super jealous. fyi guitar is just an extra element in her music. the bread and butter and synths and samplers.

also pretty funny that i guess you were a failed artist. those artist are really bitter on the success of other artists who succeeded against the odds (in this case: grimes had no music theory and started from the bottom).
>>
>>73321305
>where are you even going
absolutely nowhere. trying to have a reasonable conversation with grimesfag is like like trying to dig a hole in water.

we shouldn't be giving him all this attention.
>>
>>73321247
>Appeal to popularity. Is every musician who's popular and widely known equally as good as the others? That's not how it works.
you misused that fallacy. that's not a fallacy but common sense.

>it matters if you deliver music that sounds great to your audience

you exist as an artist because of your audience.
>>
>>73321318
>would you mind sharing some of your music?
haha as if.

>you're just super jealous
okay anon.
>>
>>73321269
>totally irrelevant ad hominem attacks.
just read their posts. the rage is visible.

>that's the part that pisses me off more than anything

>the fact that she has the audacity to perform that on stage while dancing around and acting like she's the second coming of christ.

>that shit is on the same level as when lil wayne tried to play guitar

>Not to mention that people are actually paying to hear all of that.

>Yeah, when it becomes "simple" enough that someone who's never touched guitar before can play it, wouldn't you agree that's just a bit much?

failed artists talking shit about a successful one? quelle surprise.
>>
So in conclusion, its not ok for an artist to just press play on laptop
>>
>>73321378
you sure like talking about the failure of other people anon. what big things are you doing in your life?
>>
>>73321212
>stop discussing music because i can't even shitpost peacefully
>>
>>73321344
>This is a fallacy which is very difficult to spot because our “common sense” tells us that if something is popular, it must be good/true/valid, but this is not so, especially in a society where clever marketing, social and political weight, and money can buy popularity.
>you exist as an artist because of your audience.
And here's Steven Wilson explaining that some of his friends make amazing music and don't have the desire to release it to the public. So, what now?
https://youtu.be/Kbi1PpfiH4Q?t=13m40s
>>
>>73321388
>strawman
>>
>>73321378
>failed artists talking shit about a successful one? quelle surprise.
But, we're on an anonymous image board. How can you even begin to prove who the people you're replying to are and if they are in fact failed musicians?
>>
>>73321405
>And here's Steven Wilson explaining that some of his friends make amazing music and don't have the desire to release it to the public.
that's pretty egoistical but if that's their choice, who can blame them?
>>
>>73321415
>turning an ad-hominem attack back on the person who said it is a strawman
haha okay. that's what i figured. have fun living vicariously through your idol from your mom's basement
>>
>>73321426
>that's pretty egoistical but if that's their choice, who can blame them?
Not wanting to be in the cente of attention of hundreds (possibly thousands) of people almost every night is egoistical? What am I even reading?
>>
>>73321382
lol this
>>
>>73321418
the failed musicians care too much about minute details (e.g. this guitar riff is too simple). they're trying too hard. that's how i spotted this failed musician >>73321244

see the last part?
>there is no jealousy here. if anything it's pity

the jealousy is visible from the moon.
>>
>>73321382
>>73321446
Yeah, if we could just get people to stop replying to this horrible thread or mods to delete it...
>>
>>73321448
or what if he just wanted to shut your annoying ass up? you think that grimes hate comes from jealousy, but in reality it comes from annoying ass posters like you shoving it down everybody else's throats
>>
>>73321439
>missing the point
it's about knowing the fact you made some amazing music (as you said before) but keeping to yourself instead sharing it with the world. that's the egoistical part.
>>
>>73321448
This >>73321244 was "a bit too much" really.
>they're trying too hard
And just as I thought I'd agree with you 100%. So, what now? Should Bach, Schoenberg or Webern for that matter, with his horrible life, just given up on everything because of the possibility of being called "try-hards"?
>>
>>73321459
>moving the goalposts
am i annoying because i shut down your arguments? dude, this is a music board. words are my tools/weapons. if you dislike me so much don't reply to me. problem solved.
>>
>>73321415
>Implying that's a strawman
You're the one who called them failures to begin with. Don't dish out what you can't take. Especially if what you're dishing out is a projection.
>>
>>73320557
>comparing Neu! and Kraftwerk to Grimes
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>73321476
James, please leave. First you ruin the twin cities and now you ruin /mu/ because Claire will play with your balls if you're a good boy. Look inside yourself and find the courage to do what's right and never come back.
>>
>>73321464
>it's about knowing the fact you made some amazing music (as you said before) but keeping to yourself instead sharing it with the world
Presumably, artists want to perform their music live for the most part, hence my post. This of course doesn't apply to every possibly genre of music. And what if some artists don't consider their work good enough?
>>
>>73321475
>Should Bach, Schoenberg or Webern for that matter, with his horrible life, just given up on everything because of the possibility of being called "try-hards"?
no way. if you're tough, do your thing and don't mind the haters.

>The point is, listening to haters is pointless. People are judgmental about everything—often because they feel threatened. Ignore them. I think this applies to any business or creative thing, because tomorrow’s world will not look like today’s. Doing something different is probably better than doing the same things that other people do.
-- grimes
>>
>>73321518
Many people are simply dense on purpose nowadays. Hate would be calling someone a failure, a cuck, a tryhard, an idiot, telling someone to kill himself and constructive criticism would be something like:
>>73321475
>>73320926
>>73320678
>>73320700
>>
>>73321514
>And what if some artists don't consider their work good enough?
that's their problem. that anon said that steven wilson's friends did "amazing music".

>Presumably, artists want to perform their music live for the most part, hence my post.
it depends. there are many variables here. not even all great performers such as grimes are really confident in real life.

>>73321499
why not? anything works. there are no sacred cows here.
>>
>>73320522
at which point in her career did she start doing the st vincent shit dance?
>>
>>73321548
hate is subjective. sometimes it's just masked jealousy.
>>
>>73320522
>That fake microphone technique
Lol, this is like American Idol
>>
>>73320902
>him
hey autist, grimes is a woman
>>
>>73321505
>waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, i can't handle the bants!

p a t h e t i c
a
t
h
e
t
i
c
>>
>>73321499
grimes is better than kraftwerk and most of neu!
>>
>>73321606
You taking this bait just shows how new grimesfags are
>>
>>73321548
i call people all of those things
>>
>>73321081
>it sure as hell wasn't just based on the way the music sounded.
they were cute girls with a lisp and a sense for fashion?
>>
>>73321577
>hate is subjective.
I mean, sure, if someone can't argue or use logic, anything can be dismissed as hate.
>sometimes it's just masked jealousy.
But I just provided clear examples of both situations.
>>
>>73321081
lol
>>
>>73321658
>I mean, sure, if someone can't argue or use logic, anything can be dismissed as hate.
the big problem when discussing music is that music taste is subjective. people are discussing things that can't be objectively proven as wrong or right. hence the endless quarrels.
>>
>>73321685
I was talking about the difference between hate, ad hominem attacks and constructive criticism, but not music taste really.
>>
>>73321081
>the reason why so many people love neu is because they were the first band to sound like that.
no shit? it's not about their sound in general, it's about those riffs / beats. i doubt they were the first ones who did that drum pattern
>>
>>73321713
the difference between these things is blurry. how do you know it's constructive criticism and not hate? how do you know it's not both?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170612_164510.png (8KB, 884x35px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612_164510.png
8KB, 884x35px
What's even going on here?
>>73321519
>>73321334
>>73316814
>>73320173
Does this website even have moderators? How many of these are enough?
>Make sure to check your spam box!
Make sure to check reported threads mods, if there are any or if people even bother to submit reports at this point...
>>
>>73321759
>the difference between these things is blurry. how do you know it's constructive criticism and not hate?
Have you ever had a philisophy class? I'm not even from a country which has an educational system covering these areas and I'm very well aware of the elements of an argument and logical fallacies. You don't even need a high school level education to understand and differentiate between these.
>>
File: artworks_cover.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
artworks_cover.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>73321762
It's a music discussion not your meta thread.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170612_170025.png (17KB, 389x191px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170612_170025.png
17KB, 389x191px
>>73321875
>>
cool
>>
>>73321736
what you just said:
>no shit. i agree that cultural context factored into their fame (even though that contradicts my original argument)
>it's not about their sound
>it's about their sound

you're an idiot
>>
>>73321762
whining about moderation is a bannable offense. delete your post.
>>
>>73322040
>whining about moderation is a bannable offense. delete your post.
Oh, but 4 threads about a single musicians isn't against the rules? I mean, who even cares really at this point? It's not like mods are even doing anything.
>>
>>73322106
don't expect people to care
>>
>>73322106
it is. but they don't seem posted by the same anon. let's take them one by one:

>>73321519
that anon is asking from more music like art angels. not a grimes thread but a recommendation thread.

>>73321334
shitty trolling thread. not a grimes thread.

>>73316814
legit grimes thread.

>>73320173 (OP)
the anon asked a question about live playing and didn't even mention her. posting a picture with her doesn't make it a grimes thread.

so, except that shitty trolling thread which should be deleted, everything else is legit.
>>
File: Damn._Kendrick_Lamar.jpg (137KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Damn._Kendrick_Lamar.jpg
137KB, 320x320px
>>73321893
That's exactly what I said.
>4 threads about a single musicians isn't against the rules
>>73322106
No, it isn't. 4 threads DIFFERENT TOPICS. I guess you weren't around for pic related thread fest.
>>
>>73320268
it's a good pic
>>
>>73322151
>shitty trolling thread. not a grimes thread.
i don't understand the difference
>>
>>73322183
because you pretend to have a low iq.
>>
>>73322196
i pretend to know a lot of things
>>
>>73322151
Why are you pretending to be this dense?
>3.Please try to keep duplicate topics to a minimum by always searching for an old or active thread before posting a new one. Do not post a continuation of a thread until the bump limit is reached.
>>
>>73322166
>>73322330
But then agian, none of this even matters when no one is enforcing these rules.
>>
>>73322316
that's not a good thing. here's a test: is this song good? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
>>
>>73320202
Guetta is a DJ, he isn't even claiming to play live. But I get what you mean, his DJ sets are pre-mixed too.
>>
>>73322399
yes
>>
>>73322330
>duplicate topics
are you dense, anon? those 4 threads are about different topics. only 3 of them are even related to grimes in some way. they're not duplicate threads, ffs.
>>
>>73322459
now: did you pretend that or you were honest?
>>
>>73322465
>only 3 of them are even related to grimes in some way
Oh, only three? And what do the rules, which no one actually bothers to enforce actually say?
>3.Please try to keep duplicate topics to a minimum by always searching for an old or active thread before posting a new one. Do not post a continuation of a thread until the bump limit is reached.
There's no need to reply to this. It's not like mods are going to do anything with these and other bait threads.
>>
>>73322518
being related =/= duplicates.

from these 3, one is a shitposting thread that should be deleted. so there are only 2 threads remaining.

one of them is the famous /grimes/ thread and another one is asking recommendations with one of her albums AS A STARTING POINT. notice the subtlety? a starting point album =/= a thread dedicated to an artist.

now, chill down and let the mods do their job if these threads are really breaking the rules.
>>
>>73321281
This
It's also why Biebs is my husbando, best musician of our times
>>
>>73320520
>she sings
not fantastically its pretty off key compared to the album
>manipulates samples (start/stop/filtering), real time mixing, manipulates vocals pedals and effects board,
what? how does count
>plays a synth
a little
>a guitar
a joke. cmon, thats like cmon
>and syndrums.
come back when its an actual kit
>>
>>73321597
kek
>>
>>73322696
>not fantastically its pretty off key compared to the album
because she's also moving a lot on stage. she sings better when she stays in one place.

>what? how does count
it counts a lot. it's like a painter mixing colors that already exist. she controls snippets of music that was already recorded. it's like building a lego. most electronic musicans (underworld, daft punk, the chemical brothers, skrillex, etc) do that.

>a little
enough to count.

>a joke. cmon, thats like cmon
a joke for a pretentious ass like you, perhaps. guitar playing is still playing regardless of the skill.

>come back when its an actual kit
no. she makes electronic music, idiot. syndrums are part of an electronic musician's kit. stop being a rockist.
>>
>>73322764
>was already recorded
*were
>>
>>73322764
>because she's also moving a lot on stage. she sings better when she stays in one place.
How about doing everything in your power to give your paying audience the best performance possible?
>it's like a painter mixing colors that already exist
How about improvising on the spot? Wouldn't that be closer to your description?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q742ZgZC28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iVgONy8kMY
Not him by the way.
>>
>>73322696
what is playing a keyboard but pressing buttons

i never really understood the fetishization of instrument playing.

no being able to strum a guitar doesn't make you look good and cool. congratulations, you learned to do something that literally anybody can with a few weeks practice, I'm so fucking blown away by your derivative ""talent"".

the only good instrument are the hand-made synths that are sautered and programmed uniquely by the artist for their own personal needs.
>>
>>73320173
I mean, if you can turn out people and make the promoter money doing it, you CAN do it, but it is extremely gay and you'll find yourself in a world of illusions, deception and betrayal if you decide go that way...
>>
>>73323673
>i never really understood the fetishization of instrument playing.

A group of people communicating through music is the coolest looking and sounding thing. I highly doubt you've even seen that before. One of the constants in our universe is self-important mongs not understanding improvisation or communication in music.

If you're talking about "personal" and "expression" you need to reconsider what you think is important.
>>
>>73323765
actually no that's just your dopamine systems going crazy because your brain latches onto a rhythm and releases a reward response for focusing on something and being fed patterns, met with a serotonin response because of the roots of making lots of noise as primates is a method of social bonding and displays of outward dominance to the world around them.

i swear to god i fucking hate you morons with your stupid fucking overspiritualization peddling music as some universal truth. it's pretentious, extremely shallow thinking that's a huge red flag for a psuedo-intellectual who is completely dillusional about the world around them.

play music at an octopus and watch as it ignores it in complete disinterest because its brain doesn't even come close to resembling a vertebrate's brain.
>>
>>73323847
Not him, but what are you even doing here? Just because animals can't appreciate art which humans create and are incapable of doing so, human appreciation and creation of art is futile?
>>
>>73320173
probably not, but your pic is not related
>>
>>73323847
Talk about straw man fucking fallacy, look at this guy.
>>
>>73323847
If pop based things, where a studio recording is basically replicated live, is the only music you've experienced, it's easy to understand why improvisation and live instrumentation aren't things you value.

It's not that you don't like it. It's that it's your favorite thing and you don't know it yet. For the reasons you just fucking mentioned.
>>
>he's still going
jesus how does grimesfag even support himself? it's obvious that he doesn't work. i swear if my tax dollars are going towards the autismbux that allow him to sit at a computer and spam grimes here all day i'm going to be so upset. does he even sleep?
>>
>>73324417
no, it's extremely uninteresting and derivative. i'm not impressed at the slightest with meek displays of basic competence.

>>73324023
you are making derivative crap by playing guitar, full stop. you aren't progressing anything, you aren't doing anything interesting as a rule.

you might as well be painting modernist art. no that's not entertaining anymore. what you are expressing has been expressed a thousand times over. stop wasting my time with your unoriginal crap.
>>
>>73324623
>no, it's extremely uninteresting and derivative. i'm not impressed at the slightest with meek displays of basic competence.
I'm not even sure whose side are you on. Do you agree that pop is derivative and uninteresting even if guitars are used? Is that your position?
>>
>>73324764
Well, since he keeps throwing words around like "express" and "progress" I assume he's saying that synth-based music is this totally novel thing that's plucked directly from the ether, and most certainly not derived from anything that's come before it, like musty ol grandpa guitar music.
>>
>>73320418
>not liking punk rock guitar playing
'Cuz that's what she did all through the Art Angels era. Imo will be interesting to see where she goes with her guitar playing next.
>>
File: 1406432956669.png (61KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
1406432956669.png
61KB, 252x221px
>>73325035
>punk rock guitar playing
>>
>>73320173
Depends imo. Are they creating any sort of live instrumental/vocal content to add back into the mix? 'Cuz if not, then it's really little more than just glorified DJing desu.
>>
>>73325068
I know, he's such a card.
>>
>>73325221
>cherry picking troll posts
well done
>>
>>73320600
>there's a difference between doing this for artistic reasons and doing this because you lack the ability to do anything else.

You cannot prove this as you cannot prove qualias
>>
fucking hell, this autist >>73324614 is still spamming her threads despite the fact he doesn't like her music. get a job, moron, and stop bullshiting in her threads. you fucking nitwit.
>>
File: 1456862273075.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456862273075.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
is this the grimes general
>>
File: 1476627037352.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1476627037352.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>someone just spent the last 9 hours of his life defending a waifu
>>
>>73325475
Agreed. Also, the worst choice to waste a summer.
>>
>>73320330
Saw her play live last year. There's no pretending.
>>
>>73325553
>someone just spent the last 9 days of his life on writing hate posts about an artist he dislikes
P A T H E T I C
A
T
H
E
T
I
C
>>
>>73320522
It's almost like they enjoy the sounds coming out... Oh wait - what else would they be cheering about?
>>
>>73325588
I have 1 post in this thread (other than the one you replied to) mate :)
>>
>>73325620
maybe it's not you but another autist that has been doing it every day since the summer began
>>
>>73320571
>three notes on the bottom string of the guitar. it's nauseating.
see
>>73325035
Also, fwiw it's an 8-note pattern (5 unique), not just 3 notes. Given how "simple" it is, I'd think you'd be able to properly identify it...
>>
>>73320568
>Not to mention that they were innovators and are historically significant
Because they existed in the past (as your ise of past tense points out.) Grimes exists in the present; you're comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>73321597
it's not fake
>>
File: grimey.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
grimey.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
Grimes threads used to be way comfier before summer has begun.
>>
>>73320431
This desu, you gonna see him this fall anon?
>>
>>73325221
if you will be banned dumbass, remember it was me who did the right thing. stop polluting the board with your crap, mofo.
>>
>>73325708
>fwiw it's an 8-note pattern (5 unique), not just 3 notes.
that know-it-all elitist fuck >>73320571: btfo! so much for being an expert unable to identify an 8-note pattern. these people should stay away from music criticism.
>>
>>73320173
Dumbfucks need an excuse to drop MDMA
>>
>>73327710
what do you mean?
>>
>>73327547
Nigg a what
>>
>>73328189
are you okay? whom are you talking with anyway?
>>
>>73328612
haven't read the whole thread so i have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>73320992
there it is, another retard getting offended by 4chan memes on 4chan
>>
>>73321281
Lol. Having fans and making money doesn't mean she is a good artist fool. People will pay money for anything.

As somebody who plays guitar, knows many guitarists, and has listened to lots of guitar music: her playing is literally so simplistic and uninteresting it is complete shit. Didn't Grimes study lots of Russian composers? Shouldn't her knowledge of music result in a more interesting melody than the infantile hook in the video?

You're out of your mind if you think she is an interesting guitarist in any way.
>>
>>73321344
>you exist as an artist because of your audience.
You are chucked by capitalism, dumb fucker. An artist can thrive and create beautiful works without an audience.
>>
>>73321426
>making music for personal enjoyment is egotistical
I don't know if it's the same one grimesfag in this thread, but you are a complete moron.
>>
>>73322166
>if you think one example of an issue is a problem you must not think that another example of the same issue is a problem
>>
File: 7771948.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
7771948.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>73328934
He/she can also live a horrible life in abject poverty and have most or all of their work lost to history.
Guess you never heard of "the starving artist".
But hey, who has to eat, amirite?
>>
>>73329007
Grimes threads are just the best. For a number of reasons.

>>73321405
>He said concerts are a whack experience
I agree
>>
this anon >>73326283 here. i see that mofo has been banned. justice has been served.
>>
>>73328962
>a complete moron for having a different opinion than yours
how about go fuck yourself, dipshit?
>>
>>73328934
>An artist can thrive and create beautiful works without an audience.
for whom, fuckwit? any artist needs an autience otherwise he's completely irrelevant. there are cases when an artist makes art for himself but that's not the norm. most artist want their work to be known.
>>
>>73320268
>not really doing anything apart from dutifully picking away at 16th root notes
>>
>>73328934
i want to eat
>>
Please be nice and support Claire.
http://mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/
>>
>>73320173
If you're performing live you had better do *something* beyond pressing play. Playing an instrument, singing, using a sampler or other hardware are essential to true live performances.
>>
>>73330374
pretty much this, although playing boring things on the other instruments/singing badly doesn't put on a very good show.
>>
>>73320188
this. Bitching about pre-recorded pitch-corrected shit is like bitching about photoshop on magazine covers. Ain't gonna change anything.
>>
>>73330578
>I passively accept everything that sucks
>>
File: girl-talk.jpg (42KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
girl-talk.jpg
42KB, 600x399px
Yes
>>
>>73330578
>you shouldn't complain about things you care about that happen because your complaints won't change everything
>>
>>73320173
if they made it but grimes doesn't do this
>>
>>73328934
yeah but if no one ever hears it then whats the point fuckface
>>
>>73321166
LOL GRIMES FANS ARE FUCKING MENTAL
>>
>>73330424
But an actual performance it still does make.

See also: Florence Foster Jenkins
>>
>>73333161
Yes, but not a very enjoyable one by the standards of most people who are avid consumers of music and musical performances.
>>
>>73330880
>I whine and complain on internet message boards about things which suck while passively accepting them irl
>>
>>73331393
see
>>73331393
Rather than just complaining about stuff like this you should try doing something about it (get a mic, download a DAW, and start proving how unnecessary autotune is in most circumstances.) At the very least the experience will make you a less onerous conversationalist.
>>
>>73333314
I never made a point about pre-recording and pitch-correcting, I just think your (or another anon, no way of knowing) line of thinking (that talking about musical ideas that you think are bad on a music board is a waste of time because it won't change anything) was ridiculous.
>>
>>73333182
>Yes, but not a very enjoyable one by the standards of most people
FFJ was absolutely BELOVED by her audiences (if not for the exact reasons she may have thought/hoped for.) A show is a show, and - at the end of the day - if the audience leaves satisfied then it was a great show. Even if the building burned down in the process.
>>
>>73333540
>standards of most people
you left off an important part of my post anon. sure, people who go to shows purely to have fun will obviously have fun and enjoy themselves (side note: this is all subjective, obviously), but anyone who goes to shows to see quality music and a good performance probably won't have as good of a time.
>>
>>73333377
>I just think your (or another anon
Different anon. I only just started being active in this thread.

>talking about musical ideas that you think are bad on a music board is a waste of time because it won't change anything
What is it going to change? The only actual musicians likely to touch this particular palce with anything less than a ten-foot pole are ones like me - people who already agree with you and do things like produce/perform music sans things like autotune.

No one here is sitting around singing the praises studio cheating techniques like pitch correction. You're preaching to the choir.
>>
lol the grimes pr shills sure are mad
>>
>>73320522
because people are stupid and like garbage
>>
>>73333623
>but anyone who goes to shows to see quality music and a good performance
I've seen/put on GREAT shows where, musically speaking, things were a total disaster but the vibe was golden. And the opposite - where the music was "perfect" but the vibe was absolutely DEAD (ESPECIALLY this since I spend most of my professional performance quota in classical/early music circles.)

A smiling audience means a good show was had - no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
>>
>>73333665
I'm not preaching to anyone, given that I never sang the praises of or criticized autotune, as my post said. But telling people who are discussing what they see as flaws in music nowadays on a music board that they shouldn't do it because it "Ain't gonna change anything" is silly. I don't think anyone on /mu/ isn't aware that they aren't exactly changing any serious artist's mind by discussing the flaws in their music.
>>
>>73333824
a smiling audience for an "artist" who is incompetent and sucks just means they're stupid
>>
>>73333754
nope. you are mad
>>
>>73333824
you're kinda ignoring the point of my post. How good a show is is going to be different for different people. Now, I don't know if there are any in the audience of the Grimes shows that are in this thread, but if someone went to that Grimes show to listen to what they thought was going to be good music, and it turned out to be poorly sang and poorly performed, I don't think he would've left smiling.
>>
>>73333858
lol keep shilling, nobody is going to like her no matter how much shit you do
>>
>>73333873
people already like her
>>
>>73333840
>just means they're stupid
Such a person's box office revenues prove otherwise desu.
>>
>>73333945
I think he's referring to the audience members mate
>>
>>73333942
you mean the pr shills like you who constantly defend her and use the same exact tallking style so its completely obvious?
>>
>>73333868
>Now, I don't know if there are any in the audience of the Grimes shows that are in this thread
You're talking to one such. Saw her last year for the first time at one of her Art Angels gigs.

>but if someone went to that Grimes show to listen to what they thought was going to be good music, and it turned out to be poorly sang and poorly performed, I don't think he would've left smiling.
I went into the show I saw expecting great music, and I left smiling because that is what I got.
>>
File: 1445045185234.jpg (174KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445045185234.jpg
174KB, 960x720px
>>73334009
>he payed money to see grimes live

holy shit what a fucking dumbass
>>
>>73333956
He's gonna need to clarify that him/herself, anon.
>>
>>73333998
she has almost 1 million fans on facebook, in case if you don't know
>>
>>73334034
Damn straight. What do you spend your hard-earned (by way of constant gigging, of course) money on, anon?
>>
>>73334046
>implying people cant buy fake followers and likes

i bet you think every trump follower on twitter is genuine to
>>
>>73334009
By "Grimes shows that are in this thread", I meant the shows that were shared in YT links, the ones that are performed badly.

>>73334035
it's pretty obvious
>>
>>73334061
>genuine to
Genuine to what, anon? Your robot scripting engine is starting to fail you.
>>
>>73334034
Yes, people pay money to see the artist of the decade. NEETs like you are not capable of doing the same.
>>
>>73334082
no, i have to pay my money on bills and taxes and the like because im a member of society, unlike privileged white boy grimes fans
>>
>>73334061
You gotta start providing some proofs if you wanna make some sort of a claim, you know.
>>
>>73334080
yea im a robot, sometimes i fuck up. Going to discriminate me because of that to anon?
>>
>>73334104
>i have to pay my money on bills and taxes
post photos of your bills or fuck off
>>
>>73334115
o i am laffing
>>
>>73334082
>people pay money to see the artist of the decade
I think it's irrelevant that people pay money to see Bjork
>>
>>73334104
>unlike privileged white boy grimes fans
Indeed, if you dare to hate Grimes, then you are legitimately a trash of society. I'll give you that.
>>
>>73334158
>implying Bjork is relevant
>2017
kek
>>
>>73334185
grimes is not for nazi
>>
>>73334076
>it's pretty obvious
"Audience" is a singular noun (the plural form is "audiences") and he used a plural pronoun as part of the verb ("they're") when the only other noun in the sentence ("artist") was also used in the singular.

So either he/she was using "they" as a workaround genderless reference to the word artist" or he/she simply misspoke.

>By "Grimes shows that are in this thread", I meant the shows that were shared in YT links, the ones that are performed badly.
...Okay.
>>
>>73334202
bjork x dg is pretty amazing proof that she is more than relevant.
>implying anyone gives a shit about grimes other than junkies or ex junkies
Just because you don't eat sometimes doesn't mean she can relate to you lol
>>
>>73334104
>no, i have to pay my money on bills and taxes and the like because im a member of society
Not that anon, but sucks to be you desu.
>>
>>73334119
>yea im a robot,
Sometimes?
>>
>>73334202
>implying she's not
You do realize that Vulnicura charted at #1 in 5 countries, while AA charted at #7 in Canada only, right? Not to mention that both Biophilia and Vulnicura were incredible albums that far outshine Grimes' output so far this decade.
>>
>>73334235
yea
>>
>>73334213
>he simply misspoke
yes, but I thought it was pretty obvious what he meant, mistake aside.
>>
>>73334238
>implying biophilia was good

dude the wubs and le dubstep iphone album gimmick xD

vulnicura was pretty great though
>>
>>73334119
fuck off duder
>>
>>73334246
How does that work, exactly? Do your handlers tell you where/what to post only at specific times?
>>
>>73334264
>implying Biophilia was bad
>>
>>73334223
>bjork x dg
>one meh artist meets another hyped shit band to increase their relevance
not impressive
>>
>>73334223
grimes x dg when
>>
>>73334253
Words mean things, anon. People tend to forget how important that is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IasCZL072fQ
>>
>>73334282
>one meh artist
that's just your lame, contrarian, opinion
>>
>>73334303
thats too many words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AzLgswmJxA
>>
File: t4JodTq.png (108KB, 1400x1226px) Image search: [Google]
t4JodTq.png
108KB, 1400x1226px
>>73334238
She is not as talented as Grimes anyway.
>>
>>73334282
>one meh artist meets another hyped shit band to increase their relevance
also known as grimes XD
really, this is boring, anon.
>>73334299
I don't think they're a fan of your manic pixie dream girl, anon.
>>
>>73334312
compare the amount of instrumentation between the two artists. Bjork plays with a much larger array of musicians (that she arranges, anyhow), so it would be way more difficult for her to play all of those and put them in the album. Meanwhile, Grimes makes synthpop with a DAW and a few instruments.
>>
>>73334323
Oh, so you are not aware that Andy Morin follows Grimes on twitter, right?
>>
>>73334348
>Andy Morin
>matters
with that haircut, no way
>>
>>73334368
zachs old account followed her as well
>>
>>73334299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0T_ca6PVCU
Say what you will about Bjork, Grimes is the one capable of producing music (as in instrumentals) capable of making Death Grips sound actually MORE hardcore.
>>
>>73334348
Maybe I could sit here and list off all of the shitty, annoying and gag worthy people that are followed by anyone ever. Maybe that would ring a bell inside of you.
Maybe I could link you to the explanation of "appeal to authority" fallacy.
Maybe I could sit here and pander to your arguments but anon, but I know how much it means to you to take part in the one person circle-jerk this is of an artist.
>>
>>73334375
I'm just fucking about mate
>>
>>73334378
ngl, some songs off bottomless pit sound similar to art angels
>>
>>73334344
>Grimes makes synthpop
Not only that. Her stuff is diverse. Does Bjork have such kind of diversity in """her""" music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFrJ-FM2o [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWam7u9uBNY [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUe9rnucPoU [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVt3FxE8F9w [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsNaj6l5z8M [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_hBNQqEus [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1cLVE1ZXqw [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUxCeVupemA [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0_e_OWy694 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_AIWO2AUQ [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-bKSyG0lng [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8v4vwWcIgI [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGHFYqeqck [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsYt1-5MXT4 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4 [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpSZxfHBPWA [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8IwXr1DFI [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3REHoqNE_7U [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>>
>>73334378
Mfw this mess of a grimes song is only tolerable with another artist singing over it.
looooooool. how embarrassing
>>
>>73334391
So what you think is the reason why they follow Grimes? Huh?
>>
>>73320173
>hate grimes
>cry about grimes relentlessly
>keep going on grimes threads for more qq material and give them attention
>advertise grimes threads via your new qq material on /mu/
really gets the synapses firing
>>
>>73334406
I've seen this list multiple times (and listened to it), and it's all synthpop with various additional elements in each song. Also diversity =/= quality. Also that doesn't change the fact that Grimes still requires way less session musicians then Bjork does to fulfill her musical vision.
>>
>>73334425
Nice copy-pasta from the pitchfork thread. I don't think any positive advertisement is going on here though.
>>
>>73334424
lol no one gives a fuck my guy
>>
>>73334428
>Grimes still requires way less session musicians
Grimes doesn't need them at all.
Has your granny produced something this decade exclusively by herself though?
>>
>>73334466
>calling bjork a granny

how fucking dare you
>>
>>73334466
>Grimes doesn't need them at all
yes, because she makes music with a DAW with various instrumentation sometimes.

>exclusively by herself
doesn't matter
>>
File: andy_morin_follows_grimes.png (1MB, 1990x1580px) Image search: [Google]
andy_morin_follows_grimes.png
1MB, 1990x1580px
>>73334323
>I don't think they're a fan
Careful, anon. There's a whole can of /mu worms dating from the end of last year waiting for you down this train of thought.
>>
>>73334511
no

no

i cant believe this

not death grips
NO
>>
>>73334511
You're really embarrassing yourself on this one. Is your hand in your pants as we type?
>>
>>73334391
see
>>73334511

Trust me - drop the topic, unless you want hell-to-pay.
>>
>>73334422
You do realize that the ORIGINALversion of this song features another artist signing over it, right?
>>
>>73334578
(that's the joke)
>>
>>73334428
>it's all synthpop with various additional elements in each song.
So what you're saying is that it isn't just synthpop? Isn't that what the anon to whom you are responding was also saying?
>>
>>73334547
I don't think "hell-to-pay" is one word, baby cakes.
>>
>>73334596
baby-cakes is one word
>>
>>73334493
>because she makes music with a DAW with various instrumentation sometimes.
And Bjork doesn't?
>>
File: 1489229644818.jpg (33KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1489229644818.jpg
33KB, 500x321px
I AM AN ARCHITECT

THEY CALL ME A BOUCHER
>>
>>73334458
see
>>73334533
>>
>>73334546
>as we type?
How many of you ARE there, anon? 'Cuz there is just one of me.
>>
>>73334606
she has a lot more instrumentation, see the list you posted.

>>73334595
I was replying to an anon who said that Grimes is more talented because she does everything by herself, and compared two albums, where one was made with a DAW and a few instruments, and the other was made with orchestral arrangements.
>>
>>73334596
>he doesn't know what hyphens are for
>>
>>73334677
this is why jay z took out his hyphen
>>
>>73334677
You're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. You live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemn, and know lack all foundation. It is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. In that intolerable conflict you lose all joy of life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. That's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world.
>>
>>73334654
>see the list you posted.
Not my list, nor my post. I'm a different anon.

>compared two albums, where one was made with a DAW and a few instruments, and the other was made with orchestral arrangements.
"Orchestral arrangements" aren't a type of instrument. In any case, both these albums contain orchestral arrangements in their instrumentals. It's just that in the case of Homogenic they were recorded live at the same time by multiple musicians (besides Bjork) - pretty much the only way such a thing was feasible to do at that time. Whereas in the case of Art Angels they were recorded multi-tracked in a DAW by a single musician (Grimes.) The means might be different, but the ends are the same desu.
>>
>>73334698
I can see that desu. Rap fans aren't exactly known for being the brightest, after all - especially where language is concerned.

>>73334764
You sound like you could use some good music to cheer you up desu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
>>
>>73334933
>rap fans arent exactly knorn for being the brightest

are you some type of racist?
>>
>>73334943
>are you some type of racist?
Several types, actually. I am descended from a number of distinct racial groups desu. Are you?
>>
>>73334988
i dont think you know what racist means..
>>
>>73334998
You say that like it would be a bad thing.
>>
claire i love you
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.