[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally the best double album ever and you retards only talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (133KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
133KB, 658x658px
literally the best double album ever and you retards only talk about it as if it's two separate albums which it isn't
>>
>>73308112
I like notm and jenndeth but how are they related musically or thematically?
>>
>>73308251
they are a double album what are you talking about?
>>
>>73308364
It's a double album in name only.

Any other double album is always two discs that have the same sonic roots. You're not smart if you think that JD and NOTM sound similar enough where someone could legitimately guess that the works are part of the same project.

At the same time, it's the band's prerogative to sell this as a double album. Other than the fact that DG wants to call it a double album, every other fact points to these being two separate projects.
>>
>>73309077
After a while with the music I see it as 2 sides of what death grips is.

NOTM is the esoteric other wordly dg with that instrumentals that sound like they're from another planet and lyrics that are rides most abstract

JD is reality, real life. Lyrics are way more personal and direct and the significant use of live drumming and guitars enhances the physicality of it

Just my take
>>
>>73309077
but that song on jenny says have a sad cum baby
>>
On GP is the best DG song so
>>
>>73309335
>>73309077
See I think that Notm is about rejection of culture, of what other people want him to be. He talks about how he would do what people want but in a confused and angrey way
but then JD is a rejection of self, a rejection fo who he sees himself as
>>
am i the only person who thinks jenny death sounds horrible? i love every other death grips record but something about jenny death really irks me
>>
>>73309462
This. Or whatever I want.
>>
File: XTC_English_Settlement.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
XTC_English_Settlement.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
This is the best double album ever
>>
it's the best 1 hr 20 min album but jd and notm are technically different albums
>>
>>73308112
>scratches the shit out of a light and ruins soneone's property for album art
what a bunch of edgy assholes
>>
>>73308112
>double album
>one album
pick one, you nosy bitch
>>
>>73309077
they are the two expressions of music. Technical skill and emotion. NOTM turns technical skill up and jenny death turns emotion up. Its like how in the aeroplane over the sea is lo fi and shit but it has 10/10 emotion
>>
>>73308251
>>73309077
It was released as a double album. It has a single name. It's a fucking double album, end of discussion
>>
>>73310427
the two halves of the album were released almost a year apart from one another. it also doesn't have a single name if one disc is named NOTM and the other is named JD.

But hey, those are just facts, right?
>>
>>73310294
this
>>
File: denzel.jpg (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
denzel.jpg
122KB, 600x600px
Not even the best hip hop double rap album of that year.
>>
>>73309077
Moon Niggas is introversion, Jenny Death is extroversion
>>
>>73311712
Void is one of the best psychedelic/stoner hip hop tracks I've ever heard
>>
>>73310349
what if it was their light
>>
>>73310426
idk about that

>>73311712
Pretty sure that is not a double album.
>>
Fashion Week is so much better desu
>>
I FUCK THE CUM RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DEVIL 666
>>
even still notm or the first half is significantly better than the second half
>>
>>73310304
>it's the best 1 hr 20 min album but jd and notm are technically different albums
no they fucking arent
>>
File: notmnotes.jpg (127KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
notmnotes.jpg
127KB, 750x750px
>>73308112
Government Plates / niggas on the moon is the real double album in my head canon.
>>
>>73314040
wow, i didn't know plebeians of this caliber existed
>>
imo Jenny d and Notm connect via Fuck Me Out and Pss Pss, each being one side of a bdsm relationship representing internal struggle
>>
jenny death is too self indulgent
>>
A lot of pseudo-intellectual confirmation bias going on in this thread trying to link the two albums.
>>
File: FUCKYOU.jpg (268KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKYOU.jpg
268KB, 1200x1200px
>>73310349
It's shoped
>>
>>73308112
>White Album, what's that?
>>
>>73314266
ok no
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.