[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is it possible that traditional music made with rock instruments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tom hanks and the news.jpg (38KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
tom hanks and the news.jpg
38KB, 300x450px
how is it possible that traditional music made with rock instruments haven't infringed on the riffs from the past?

there's only so many cords and frets especially since 99% of songs just use the 3 cord technique

is there some simple thing that makes them immediately different that im overlooking?
>>
They're not listening to tunes on their iPods lol
>>
>>73306693
>there's only so many cords and frets especially since 99% of songs just use the 3 cord technique
Did you ever bother to listen to anything other than punk, heavy metal and hard rock?
>>
>>73306693
>how is it possible that traditional music made with rock instruments haven't infringed on the riffs from the past?

there have been numerous instances of this, what are you talking about?
>>
>>73306869

why is it not happening at higher frequency

especially since several instruments have been dropped since the 80s like the keyboard and other backing instruments like saxaphone
>>
>>73306885
>why aren't indigenous people abandoning their culture for the white's man's culture!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

really anon?
>>
>>73306885
>especially since several instruments have been dropped since the 80s like the keyboard and other backing instruments like saxaphone
What are you even talking about? Saxophones and keyboards aren't used by "rock" bands anymore? The conclusions you come to are ridiculous to say the least.
>>
File: got milk.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
got milk.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>73306693
>confusing overtone with melody and harmony variations
>not knowing lyrical notes alter overal chord patterns
>dumbing everything down to I, II, IV style of thinking
here's a hint buy an oscilloscope and play one song over the top of another and see where the variations are. just because a base is the same doesn't mean it's infringement. but i hear what you're saying, we got companies copyrighting DNA chains and amino acid chains which is more of a debatable fact than what you're going on about however - at the end of the day music at this point is free enterprise, you don't get paid for cd's any more thanks to napster and the p2p going forward you get paid for your shows and your promotion and those that pay the fee to show up.
at the end of the day i got tracks that suck absolute balls being sold as ringtones in south america against my will for a dollar a pop, where is my royalties? bigger issues to think about in the world of music - joke is on them, my music is absolute garbage.
https://soundcloud.com/infamous40ounce/fuck-trap
>>
>>73306944

they were used heavily in the 80s along with various other instruments

now every fag band with an internet connection can get a hit playing shitty music

most of it has no real standout memorable riff which makes it even more possible for plagiarism to occur but only a few high profile cases actually have happened.

most of which were all back in the 80s or earlier which makes it that much more impossible that nothing today has happened.

i mean the entire fucking led zeppelin career was outted

but even something as small as "sounding like this other current hit" and actually going to court

i dont care about something like EDM who dont even sell their music so theres no real lawsuit needed,
>>
>>73307026
You just repeated what you've already said. Are you going anywhere with this?
>>
>>73307026
it's like copyrighting words and letters. that era is over, music is no longer about who came up with the chord progression or best lyrics..but now who can make you pay money to hear it live and if you enjoy it, everything else is bullshit from the past. it's time to move on.
>>
>>73307025
Actually bro that track was kinda legit
>>
>>73307026
so basically you want us to all give robert johnson and the blues blacks all the money from rock/blues bands ever? what about the nogs that stole from beethoven/mozart? should they surrender their mansions too and let the german ancestors live there instead or forfeit the value? where does it end? just make music nobody cares if you can't come up with a chord structure on your own...oh wait...forgot those old tunes are free reign, meaning in what...a hundred years we all have free control to copyright modern rock/pop songs as our own?
just push the agenda towards no fucks given open source realm and the only real money should come from shows where the performance puts money in the artists bank like it should be.
>>
>>73307026
oh great lars from metallica is mad again.
what's he going to do this time? take down uTorrent?
gl, hf, kys
>>
>>73306693
see greentext of >>73307025
/thread
>>
>>73307193
>>73307253

wew sure does seem to have gotten someones panties in a bunch

let me guess, you're a music "producer" who this topic hits too close to home
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.